• You cannot reply to this topic

UrT 4.2 pros & cons Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   SilverFoxZ Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: silverfoxz

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:35 PM

View PostbeautifulNihilist, on 13 November 2012 - 07:51 PM, said:

Steam!
When we get it truly stable, we should advertise it in Steam!

I hope vavle has no problem of having a full free game on steam since they wouldnt do any profit.
I raise komodo dragons in my spare time

#13 User is offline   cyrus Icon

• Account: cyrus
  • Main tag: [PCC]

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:28 PM

The 4.2 series is working well for me. I don't play a huge number of servers, just a few that I have a solid connection with (networking-wise). The only difficulty I have seen is that the quick update cycle lately has proven difficult for server admins to keep up with. As end users update their clients, server populations fluctuate as the owners find time to follow suit.
That said, it is nice to see continued development. I have had a great time playing this game over the last decade and look forward to seeing what you guys come up with next.
Disorder... Chaos... Anarchy... Now THAT's fun!

#15 User is offline   cyrus Icon

• Account: cyrus
  • Main tag: [PCC]

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:29 AM

View PostFrankie V, on 17 November 2012 - 09:16 PM, said:

Yeah it's going to take a bit for servers to get into the update flow but there is a pro to it all as well in that with every update it breaks the cheat hooks. Think of it as a poor mans AC. ;)

Hmmm. Curious thing, that. I am an admin on a server and have noticed that the usual head-shot snapping aimbots and other obvious cheaters are gone. In fact, I cannot think of a single case where I have banned a player for cheating since our server was updated to 4.2.
In 4.1 I was banning people every day. That's not to say I have not had my suspicions... I simply have not been able to find concrete evidence in demos. I have only banned players for being jerks since 4.2 was installed.
Disorder... Chaos... Anarchy... Now THAT's fun!

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   hydr0 Icon

• Account: hydr0

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:41 PM

pro - It is updating the overall game, fixing bugs and adding features that generates interests of retired players to come back, current players to stay and new gamers to come in.

cons - animation is horrid to the point most of the players in the 3 different categories I've mentioned above has bailed from the game. Animation from 12 years ago is somehow more realistic and less gimmicky than now (models moving like they got something stuck up their asses and jumping like ballerina)

If it's possible for FS to create a better animation I see a huge potential in a comeback in this game( like it did when 4.2 was initially released) and put the game on steam or advertise it in another strategical marketing methods.

As of right now there are 0 league interested in using 4.2 over 4.1 in competitions.

#19 User is offline   lebbra Icon

• Account: lebbra
  • Main tag: bw|

Posted 26 November 2012 - 02:10 PM

View PostRaideR, on 21 November 2012 - 01:59 PM, said:

UZ League (to which I help out once and a while :P) is interested in using 4.2 for a Winter Cup.

That's a very good news for two reasons:

- people will begin to be used with 4.2
- if u planned to use 4.2 on winter cup it means that 007 server crash bug will be quickly solved.Posted ImagePosted Image

BTW i like new animations, even if red are not so visible in some map. What do you think about a very slight highline around the puppies? OK, it is not realistic, but fun is over realism, isn't it?

aka Dead f.S. - aka |CoN|-=V0l3ur=-, Playing UrT from 2001 - RedCap bot Developer

[img]http://www.dead.it/UrT/logop.png[/img]

#20 User is offline   Munchkin Icon

• Account: munchkin

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:12 PM

Hi fraggas !

i'm completly new to UrT .... i played Tactical Ops since 2001 ... and i feel fantastic in UrT.
Thumbs up to dev-team and community. Great job !

4.2 is on the right way in my eyes .... previous versions arent my style .. cant say why.
but 4.2 ( i played 4.2.006 past days ) rox :)

The only thing i'm missing is a damage-score-system.
actually theres only a "kill-counter" available, right ?

greets =DOC=Munchkin ( alias Mo666 )

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942