• You cannot reply to this topic

[4.2] Update 4.2.006 Rate Topic: -----

#31 User is offline   n1n Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: n1n

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:19 AM

View Postfandesandro, on 10 November 2012 - 02:33 AM, said:

No you don't (talking about jump mode).

edit : I checked on the other maps, the red flag doesn't seem to be recognized by "flag".

agree then, there is an issue with dropping on jump mode, but please consider this as a whole new gametype and is still being under development. and it does not affect the gameplay at all since flags are not even important on JM.
i'd say there are bigger priorities for JM than flag dropping.
<sXe>

#32 User is offline   bertox Icon

• Account: bertox

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:36 AM

Hello

Update broken again my game ...

While running the updater, I got an error message telling "unable to download ..." (maybe internet disconnection).

Now, two .pk3 files are missing, and whenever I run the updater, it says Game is up to date !

Someone would be smart enough to give me direct links to manually download files please ?

Thanks and Regards,
Bert.

#33 User is offline   bArgh Icon

• Account: bargh

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:47 AM

View Postbertox, on 10 November 2012 - 09:36 AM, said:

Someone would be smart enough to give me direct links to manually download files please ?

Thanks and Regards,
Bert.

Full zip download

Full zip download mirror

#34 User is offline   bertox Icon

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:50 AM

View PostbArgh, on 10 November 2012 - 09:47 AM, said:

I need only two pk3 files ... I 'm not going to redownload the whole archive with my 512Kbps adsl connection ...

Strange thing is that updater says game is up2date even if some files are missing ... In my opinion it should detect that and download files again ... As in previous update

Moreover, even if I downloaded the missing files, the game still saying game is outdated. Updater says it is up to date . Am really lost !!

A way to "reset" updater status to force it to re-update ?

Regards

Regards,

This post has been edited by bertox: 10 November 2012 - 09:58 AM

#35 User is offline   bArgh Icon

• Account: bargh

Posted 10 November 2012 - 09:57 AM

Sorry, misread your post. Depending on how big files are maybe someone could email them to you or do a p2p transfer? Unfortunately I am not running a file server to post them there.

#36 User is offline   bertox Icon

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:08 AM

OK,

A 3rd file was corrupted ( wrong md5sum).

Game is working again :)

Note : I updated my Linux x86_64 ded server without any issue :)

Btw, updater need to detect corrupted / missing files, and download them again instead of saying game is up to date.

Thank you FS :)

Regards,
Bert.

#37 User is offline   Mission85 Icon

Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:28 AM

View Postfandesandro, on 09 November 2012 - 05:36 PM, said:

There is a graphic bug in jumpmode when regainstamina is enabled : regaining stamina will show a full stamina bar, even if you have 10hp (it changes to its real value when you move).

as fenix said its just a minor bug. i ran into this bug with stamina regain in 4.1, i was setting stamina to its max value, but as u can see its only supposed to be as high as the players health. so i just did: stamina = ps->stats[STAT_HEALTH] / 100.0 * 30000; very simple :) but he knows that :P.

GGz on the Jump Mode. Think ill update my client just to test it out

#38 User is offline   KarlMariaSeeberg Icon

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:10 PM

View PostRaideR, on 10 November 2012 - 02:59 AM, said:

We won't ever release a "optimised offical client" 4.2 is intended for use with Quake 3 Arena. Because we relalise that not everyone has that, we give you a "opt in" ability to use a opensource engine which is compatable (par to par) with Valela Quake 3.

You are fine using any client that you wish to use, r00t from SG clan maintains an optimised client, feel free to get that by yourself. But as far as officially distributing an optimised build for 4.2 goes. It wont ever happen.

Please verify your game files with the md5 values on the downloads page.

If your client is valid, please give me the server IP addresses, because most likely, they have a corrupted 006 install and need contacting.

Thanks

oh .. maybe i got something wrong, i was referring to this thread

i always thought an optimized build is the same as moving to another version of ioq3...

reading about root's build i noticed ttimo's comment that you'll add features of that optimized build to the official release .. have you done that already?

correct me if i am wrong here but root's release isn't running on osx ...

last but not least: can you tell me how to use checksums? .. searched the forum and found nothing that would help me ... and i am taking a wild guess here but i don't think i am the only one scratching my head when looking at those columns of figures...

edit:
checked all checksums:

UrTLauncher.app.zip and Quake3-UrT.app.zip are files you are referring to on your downloadpage .. those aren't .zip in my folder .. and the checksum is not identical .. all the other files are okay

btw. i highly doubt your own clan is using corrupt files:> http://www.urbanterr...1.76.106:27963/
that's where i was playing on abbey with 8 players online .. when fps drops occurred

This post has been edited by KarlMariaSeeberg: 10 November 2012 - 02:39 PM

if you don't like uptown, you are basically hating urban terror.

#39 User is offline   Mingus Icon

• Account: mingus

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:48 PM

Hi

Thanks a lot

#40 User is offline   flypp Icon

• Account: flypp

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:58 PM

From 4.2.001 to this 4.2.006 the update way in a GNU/Linux 64bits O.S. is:
rm -rf <all files>
wget <new updater>
chmod +x <updater>
./updater

God saves the updater!
A torrent upload would be awesome.

BTW... still feeling unconfortale with 4.2.

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.urbanterror.info/members/donate/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942