Advertisement
  • (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

AK & Laser

#21 Guest_panda

Posted 04 May 2004 - 08:06 PM

well helmet can be kinda annoying but wouldnt say overpowered... And can a helmet be "powered" ?:P

And this is totally Off-topic but one thing i do find overpowered and annoying is nades :P ... all the random nade spam really slows down the game and makes it YIKES :)

#22 Guest_Annihilator

Posted 04 May 2004 - 11:44 PM

Nades are nothing compared to what they used to be. I mean a nade can explode 3 feet away and you can servive. That's overpowered?

#23 Guest_MaxX

Posted 06 May 2004 - 09:57 AM

Helmet "overpowered" means to protective.. 2 lr helmet shots = barely alive. :?

#24 Guest_Mr.StaggerLee*ReIIiK

Posted 07 May 2004 - 07:24 AM

heres an answer to your helmet dilema...wear one.

I dont think it's overpowered, if you have a laser and silencer, you have a little better aim and less chance enemy will hear you right away..that seems a lot more powerful than a couple of extra shots to the dome to cap someone.

but if someone sees your bare head before you see them and your gone...if you have a helmet on, then at least you have a chance to squirm a little bit before you get killed by me :)

#25 Guest_Juha

Posted 08 May 2004 - 12:14 AM

I wonder if the people who say that the helmet is too good really remember the days when it was more of a decoration than protection. Like with so many other things, SID managed to change it (can't remember the version when this happened..) so that it is actually worth the item place it takes.

I'd think that everyone agrees with that an item with no real use shouldn't be in the game, right? ..and please, do not even think of suggesting that they should remove the helmet totally.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#26 Guest_MaxX

Posted 08 May 2004 - 06:29 AM

The helmet was changed in 2.6a, if i am not wrong. I did not say what you understood:

I wonder if the people who say that the helmet is too good really remember the days when it was more of a decoration than protection.

I think it should have a protective function, that is why it is a helmet, though it gets pretty much frustrating when you aim head and shoot and then see 2 helmet shots.. and no kill...

Would you wear a helmet and fire an automatic to your head? I think this is the part of the game people like to be close to reality, where the speed is meant to be the q3 one.. Just my humble thoughts..

#27 User is offline   TwentySeven Icon

•   former FS member   
    Lead Engine Developer
  • Account: twentyseven

Posted 08 May 2004 - 10:28 AM

there was a dude in iraq during the recent conflict whos helmet took 4 ak47 rounds and remained unpenetrated. I'm sure it nearly broke his neck and concussed him, but he's alive.

So before you worry too much about realism and the helmet, just be thankful we don't use THAT as our model for damage balance.

#28 User is offline   Roadkill (old) Icon

• Locationroyal.stockholm.se

Posted 08 May 2004 - 11:35 AM

there was a dude in iraq during the recent conflict whos helmet took 4 ak47 rounds and remained unpenetrated. I'm sure it nearly broke his neck and concussed him, but he's alive.

So before you worry too much about realism and the helmet, just be thankful we don't use THAT as our model for damage balance.

Ummm, that was a hoax right?

But anyways. Take off the kevlar and see how much difference it does to the damage taken. Same with the helmet. And the comparison with reality, omg, give it up will ya? The helmet is fine, I sacrifice other things to use it, you might pick up HE's, which me helmet have no protection for, so...

#29 Guest_MaxX

Posted 09 May 2004 - 05:06 AM

Twentyseven, I thank you for the info. I do not have true knowledge of the guns and apparel used in the game, and I hope i dont have to, so i was just wondering.

Will not say a word related to helmets anymore. :)

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942