Urban Terror Forums: Incomplete 4.2.009 downloads, and bad mirror link - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Incomplete 4.2.009 downloads, and bad mirror link Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   BludShoT Icon

• Account: bludshot
  • Main tag: [T]

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:04 AM

Report:

I went to http://www.urbanterror.info/downloads/ and scrolled to Full download Windows/Mac/Linux ZIP archive UrbanTerror42_full_009.zip and clicked on that link ( http://download.urba...42_full_009.zip ) to download 4.2.009.

The first time the download stopped at 807 megs, firefox thinks it completed the download. The zip won't open obviously. The 2nd time it got to 705 megs before 'finishing'.

I didn't try the 2nd link, because it says "UrbanTerror42_full_008.zip" But just now I noticed that when you hover over it it does link to a 009 file, not 008. But then I clicked it and found out the link is no good :(

#2 User is offline   SubJunk Icon

• Account: subjunk

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:20 AM

The download will complete if you use a download manager. I suggest jDownloader.

#3 User is offline   JRandomNoob Icon

Community Moderator

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:28 PM

I can confirm that download manager indeed does work in this case — finished .009 full download about an hour ago and I’m now seeding the torrent.
dswp.de
Beginner’s Guide to Urban Terror (woefully out of date)
Daily Deadnade (Last updated September 9, 2016)

#4 User is offline   BludShoT Icon

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:44 AM

Thanks for the tip, but I do not want to install a download manager. I try to install as few things as possible and I'm paranoid against addons and things like that.

#5 User is offline   SubJunk Icon

• Account: subjunk

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:18 AM

Yeah fair enough, it's just a workaround until they fix the server, cheers!

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   JRandomNoob Icon

Community Moderator

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:54 AM

Seriously people, add a goddamned warning or something to the downloads page… this is like the gazillionth time the CDN/updater combination fails silently and drives new players to despair. Calming some dude on #urbanterror on this very moment…
dswp.de
Beginner’s Guide to Urban Terror (woefully out of date)
Daily Deadnade (Last updated September 9, 2016)

#7 User is offline   don Icon

• Account: don
  • Main tag: GlaD-

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:16 AM

817!
some sort of timeout? kinda funny that the download speed is obviously limited (roughly 10mbit), but the timeout is too short to allow that speed to transfer the entire file. if you guys are hurting for bandwidth, try Dropbox or something...lmao

lol pulling a max of 90ish mbit with 8 parallel downloads, but each one is obviously capped around 10-11 mbit. very confusing network management strategy, since it's impossible for a single threaded download to complete, which results in multiple attempts to redownload the file while transferring nothing of actual value. Also, isn't the point of limiting throughput to allow many users to attain decent, consistent download rates rather than have a few users with fast connections hogging all the throughput? Instead, I can just keep adding threads until my connection is maxed. :/ evilelf, wtf lol

This post has been edited by don: 28 December 2012 - 08:31 AM

GlaD-don
Past teams:
Partners in Terror | The Dark | Team Terror | Noobs Gone Wild | Xor | Blight Gaming | Area 51 Gaming | Team Lzuruha | Besserman6 | Console | No Care Bears | Zing | Pro5 | American Idols | Team Canada | No Defiance | Unlimited Gaming
<3 to the people who built and sustained the North American competitive community over the years. xil, r, vex, icu, bos, .e, '`|v|~, iF, -x-, ill, un, xor, glad & all the rest. thanks for the games

#8 User is offline   BludShoT Icon

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:33 PM

What about UZL, or some big clans etc. Anybody willing to mirror this? In the old days there'd be 20 mirrors of each release... I'd mirror it if I had the hosting for that, but I don't.

#9 User is offline   thewonderboy Icon

• Account: thewonderboy

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:43 PM

This happened to me in older version too

See the lovely Mrs. Search Function?
She wants to make out with you.
~OOM91

Jelly? Yes very jelly... in fact, I am * jam. No amount of sandwich spread can express my emotions.
~IIL_NODERUS

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.frozensand.com/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942