• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[4.2] Update 4.2.011 Rate Topic: -----

#101 User is offline   wraith Icon

• Account: wraith

Posted 13 April 2013 - 10:31 PM

i would never in a million years regret what i stated.. when we want to play defrag, we play defrag.. remember, i was stating the opinion of old school jumpers, most of which you probably never even met :p you really expect mappers of old to update all their maps to accommodate defrag features? lol

#102 User is offline   LtStriker Icon

• Account: ltstriker

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:23 PM

View PostFrankie V, on 09 April 2013 - 09:32 PM, said:

As luck would have it these are the very "key" feature additions that represents the core update that’s 4.2

The AUTH system is the front end for an active AC system. Whats the point of having AC with out the means to enforce a network wide ban? Get on the PAS list your UrT days are over.

Maybe it's just a case of not seeing the duck as the majority of the improvements is based on player requests and needed bug fixes currently in 4.1.1. (which was only a map bug fix release)

Hey

Can you please reply to my earlier post about Mouse4. I want to use your clean q3config.cfg rather than the one I am using from 4.1 but Mouse4 will not function in the new q3config.cfg
See my earlier post;

Hi

I wanted to start with a new config so I downloaded the full version of the game.
Copied over my mouse binds, but my fast weapon toggle does not work for mouse4.

bind MOUSE4 "ut_weaptoggle primary secondary"

Went back to my old config and it works fine, but I noticed I can't wear camo.
I would like to use the default config file. How can I rebind a fast switch from primary to secondary on mouse4.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
|30+|LtStriker

#103 User is offline   Drizzt Icon

• Account: drizzt

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:48 PM

The filters of the server window not working (I think) as they should. When I want to show public servers I have to put "yes".

Posted Image

Posted Image

#104 User is offline   Pez Icon

• Account: pez
  • Main tag: strayA#

Posted 14 April 2013 - 01:49 AM

View Postwraith, on 13 April 2013 - 08:32 PM, said:

don't get me wrong as i totally respect the work that has been done for 4.2, however those "unlimited" features we can most certainly do without.. you totally disregarded why certain maps were created to begin with as well as the true spirit of jumping which WAS unique only to Urban Terror.

You can still jump as you used to with the same amount of stamina and walljumps, just don't change the settings. The features are there for people that might want to explore different styles of jump maps that require the featues. I would have thought jumpers would be embracing more possibilities to challenge themselves.

#105 User is offline   PowerSSaiyanX Icon

Posted 14 April 2013 - 05:04 AM

I said this when 4.2.009 was released so I'll say it again...please have or allow the option for save locations to be permanently saved...thats the only thing that would make JUMP mode 100% awesome again. at the moment its 99.9% awesome :) for me at least.

I <3 your last post Fenix!!
~ |WC|Saiyan
Twitter ->@saiyan20

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#106 User is offline   milumental Icon

• Account: milumental

Posted 14 April 2013 - 05:06 AM

View PostPowerSSaiyanX, on 14 April 2013 - 05:04 AM, said:

I said this when 4.2.009 was released so I'll say it again...please have or allow the option for save locations to be permanently saved...thats the only thing that would make JUMP mode 100% awesome again. at the moment its 99.9% awesome :) for me at least.

I <3 your last post Fenix!!

I absolutely 100% agree with Saiyan here. Please please allow the option for perm save location!

#107 User is offline   wraith Icon

• Account: wraith

Posted 14 April 2013 - 06:11 AM

View PostPez, on 14 April 2013 - 01:49 AM, said:

You can still jump as you used to with the same amount of stamina and walljumps, just don't change the settings. The features are there for people that might want to explore different styles of jump maps that require the featues.

tell that to noob server admins, who will enable the settings for old maps, thinking they defeated a map when they really didn't.. and any new jumpers that think it is the norm for those maps when it isn't.. playing on maps in ways that the mapper did not intend.. unless you've been there as a mapper then you have no idea how frustrating it is.. these features used on those maps in this way officially breaks those maps! there may be only a small handful (if that) of mappers that will go through the trouble of completely reworking their old maps.. people that have no problem of being forced to adapt..

i was in the process of creating another jump map with a particular vision in mind.. these new "unlimited" features have destroyed that vision; and not just my vision of my own map, but other mappers i've spoken with as well (maps you will never see now)..

my point is, the jumping part of this game is becoming less and less unique, and more like an already existing product (minus the walljumps).. there is nothing wrong with a feature such as /regainstamina.. we've been wanting something like that for years and appreciate it now that it is there..

i understand that the younger crowd will embrace these "unlimited" features, as to be expected.. my new map will most likely never see the light of day now, and it was nearly complete, that's all i can say about that.. not sure how i overlooked these features before in the OP..

i do sincerely wish all the mappers/jumpers for the future all the best and hope you really have a lot of fun with these new features, as i'm sure you will; just not the true old schoolers that loved the jumping part of this game for what it was...

View PostPez, on 14 April 2013 - 01:49 AM, said:

I would have thought jumpers would be embracing more possibilities to challenge themselves.

as i stated, there's always defrag lol if you really want a challenge.. :p

peace out!

#108 User is offline   n1n Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: n1n

Posted 14 April 2013 - 10:55 AM

View Postwraith, on 13 April 2013 - 08:32 PM, said:

i'm sorry to burst your bubble, but as a long standing (old school) jumper in this game, i, as well as jumping friends of mine did not wish for this [...]

well then my friend, you and your friends are the minority among the jumping community.
playing since beta 2.3 from 2001 i am considering myself as oldschool and after having really much doubts where this is going... i really enjoyed learning jumping on jump servers (those modded, with all the features like /save) and also see it as a great chance for this mode to become even more popular with the help of this dedicated and separate gametype.
but if you like it "oldschool" just play jumpmaps on CTF, why is this a big deal? you don't have to use /save/load, nostamina or nodamage if you don't like it...

and man let me tell ya, if i'd be so uberoldschool i'd beg the dev team every day to throw that crap gun lr300 out of the game and return to black versus olive team skins, and maps like ut_docks, ut_uptown (classic) and ut_streets would be the only ones used on my server. but it ain't gonna happen, ain't going back to that point ever. deal with it...

View PostPowerSSaiyanX, on 14 April 2013 - 05:04 AM, said:

I said this when 4.2.009 was released so I'll say it again...please have or allow the option for save locations to be permanently saved...

i am missing that too and also /goto

This post has been edited by n1n: 14 April 2013 - 11:07 AM

<sXe>

#109 User is offline   PowerSSaiyanX Icon

Posted 14 April 2013 - 02:37 PM

View Postn1n, on 14 April 2013 - 10:55 AM, said:

i am missing that too and also /goto

Hot damn. That totally slipped my mind. Yes...add /goto too please :D thanks
~ |WC|Saiyan
Twitter ->@saiyan20

• (16 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942