• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[4.2] Update 4.2.011 Rate Topic: -----

#91 User is offline   m3t4l2 Icon

• Account: m3t4l2

Posted 13 April 2013 - 01:04 AM

Hi!

I just wanted to ask is funstuff gonna be added in 4.2?
And what about inability to see opponents team armband color? That sux imo ;)
M3T4L

#93 User is offline   Knightork Icon

• Account: knightork
  • Main tag: UTP|

Posted 13 April 2013 - 07:19 AM

View PostBladeKiller, on 12 April 2013 - 06:07 PM, said:

They are the same graphics. Wow

Play 4.1 all you want. We'll just quit working on UrT then. We can make something completely new and have a lot more fun.

America's Army is a commercial game. Why do you keep comparing us to commercial games? Go play your commercial games and complain to the dev house about that game.

First: There's a Post that FS will stop the support for 4.1 soon (yeah they really wrote soon, not when 4.2 is finished) So sorry Bladekiller but I don't know what this will mean for the Players. You could also choose to disallow all 4.1 clients to connect to the Masterserver and that would be the End of Urt for sure.
Second: America's Army 2 (i already mentioned that i talk about the good old AA not about the new Steam shit) was one of the best, greatest FREE Ego Shooter I have ever seen. Ok perhaps it's not a fair comparison because the US Army was financing that game, but it wasn't commercial in that way, I would say it was an Advert.
Third: And a sorry more for the "negative" Feedback, but you / FS should also be able to handle such Feedback. I just told you where i see the Problems and if any of you say: There's is no Problem, you have to be blind. Just look the Server Browser on this side and count the servers running 4.2 and 4.1 and then think about the reasons, or do you really think there are so many players that haven't read that we have a 4.2 version?^^

#94 User is offline   p5yc0runn3r Icon

•   former FS member   
    Engine Developer
  • Account: p5yc0runn3r

Posted 13 April 2013 - 08:01 AM

I have forked the UrbanTerror 4.2.011 executable for Windows & Linux and added the dmaHD sound engine. All of this is in GitHub as well. I will try to do this for all the next versions of the engine if possible.

Now our =IvN= 4.2.011 server is full! :cool:

Click on my signature for more information.

This post has been edited by p5yc0runn3r: 13 April 2013 - 08:03 AM

dmaHD developer | engine developer | crazy person

#95 User is offline   Txc Icon

• Account: txc
  • Main tag: [Sk&Bh]

Posted 13 April 2013 - 10:17 AM

View PostBladeKiller, on 12 April 2013 - 06:07 PM, said:

They are the same graphics. Wow

Play 4.1 all you want. We'll just quit working on UrT then. We can make something completely new and have a lot more fun.

America's Army is a commercial game. Why do you keep comparing us to commercial games? Go play your commercial games and complain to the dev house about that game.

That doesn't sound like the legendary developer BladeKiller .
Who are you & what you have done to the real BladeKiller ?:D

Too easy giving up , what happend with the brave,stuborn , oldschool BladeKiller ?

Why do you think only urbanterror devs receive complains ?!
Also there are & contra complains too :P :
http://www.urbanterr...favorite-skins/

Well , your choice anyway , thank you for making of Urban Terror , if you are serious about the quiting & not just impulse .

PS You know , people usually don't realise fully what they have until they lose it ...
4.1 became such a good version after 4.2's release , hmm ...

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#96 User is offline   Fenix Icon

•   former FS member   
  • Account: fenix

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:54 AM

View PostKnightork, on 13 April 2013 - 07:19 AM, said:

First: There's a Post that FS will stop the support for 4.1 soon (yeah they really wrote soon, not when 4.2 is finished) So sorry Bladekiller but I don't know what this will mean for the Players. You could also choose to disallow all 4.1 clients to connect to the Masterserver and that would be the End of Urt for sure.

UrT 4.1 support will be ended as soon as WE decide that 4.2 is ready to "walk alone". Obviously, as everyone knows, we cares a lot about community opinions and that's the reason why we frequently check forums, trying to give you the best answers we can, tracking suggestions and verifying bug reports.

Second: America's Army 2 (i already mentioned that i talk about the good old AA not about the new Steam shit) was one of the best, greatest FREE Ego Shooter I have ever seen. Ok perhaps it's not a fair comparison because the US Army was financing that game, but it wasn't commercial in that way, I would say it was an Advert.

Ok perhaps it's not a fair comparison because the US Army was financing that game
Thanks for posting this: it's going to short this reply a lot.
As you mentioned, someone was financing the game. UrT is not financed by anyone except the dev team, which is putting a lot of effort into this project. No one is paying us for our job and moreover we do not ask any money for what we do. We simply contribute to Urban Terror because we like it and we do that in our spare time.
Cutting this short: we do the best we can with what we got

As already been mentioned by Bladekiller in a previous post: Why do you keep comparing us to commercial games? Go play your commercial games and complain to the dev house about that game.

Third: And a sorry more for the "negative" Feedback, but you / FS should also be able to handle such Feedback. I just told you where i see the Problems and if any of you say: There's is no Problem, you have to be blind. Just look the Server Browser on this side and count the servers running 4.2 and 4.1 and then think about the reasons, or do you really think there are so many players that haven't read that we have a 4.2 version?^^

The problem of such feedback is pretty simple: I read 2 posts from you and in both posts you just compare us to a commercial dev house, complain that 4.1 has more players than 4.2 and complain about some game addition we added (LMS and JUMP mode). Do you think this is a good feedback? Tbh I think that's the worst feedback I have ever seen. What do I have to grasp from it? How can it be helpful to me in order to improve the game?

There's a thread for it with my opinion, but it seems FS don't care the opinion of long time players like you and me... they want a new Urt with every "stupid" new features... Who the Hell need a Walljump Mode? Urt was nice the way it was the last 3 or 4 years

About the "walljump mode", which is actually JUMP mode, I'll let some jumpers reply to this, to they can squash you for this. They have been asking for JUMP mode since years....now we provide jump mode and you (described yourself as a long time player) say that it was not needed....meh, I think you were playing a different game tbh..but whatever.

About "Urt was nice the way it was the last 3 or 4 years": what's the purpose of having a development team if we have to create again 4.1? 4.1 is already there, so why do I have to waste my time coding something that is already there? Now you tell me:

• We released 4.2 as beta, because 4.1 was getting old, and we wanted something fresh. We could have kept 4.2 in our black box, kept working on it for years and just give u the final version of the game. But instead we chose to release it as open beta, so the community could have gave us the more (hopefully constructive) feedback they can, in order for us to improve the game according to community needs. Now I'm wondering.....did u had this chance also with AA, COD, BF3 etc? I'll let the answer to you
  • 4.2 is different from 4.1, so features are different. People complain about hitbox being different: ofc is different, is new! People complain about arms being hit instead of torso (well they actually were hitting arms and not torso, so the hitbox was behaving correctly), but since 4.1 has a bugged hitcode we had to give torso priority over arms. I can keep this for hours......

Last but not least, I would like you to remember that for 4.2 we are using a game engine which is 14 yrs old. I think, not to be an ass, that we are using that engine in the best way we can. But if you feel that bad about UrT being too old, feel free do donate hundreds of thousands of dollars to our project, so we can afford the best engine around and create a better UrT.

Sincerely
Fenix

#97 User is offline   m3t4l2 Icon

• Account: m3t4l2

Posted 13 April 2013 - 01:11 PM

View PostBladeKiller, on 13 April 2013 - 04:23 AM, said:

You must mean individual choice armband colour because you only see the enemy's team colour right now.

Ye individual sry :) thats gonna be like in 4.1 or it will like it is now?
M3T4L

#98 User is offline   OCC-Hansapils Icon

• Account: occhansapils

Posted 13 April 2013 - 08:04 PM

@JRandomNoob:
Ignore the Failure message......DON'T HIT THAT Cancel-Button.....you will find that the Updater is still downloading.....later it will crash for real....Restart it and repeat the procedure....after two or three tries it should finish successfully.

This post has been edited by OCC-Hansapils: 13 April 2013 - 08:07 PM

#99 User is offline   wraith Icon

• Account: wraith

Posted 13 April 2013 - 08:32 PM

View PostFenix, on 13 April 2013 - 11:54 AM, said:

About the "walljump mode", which is actually JUMP mode, I'll let some jumpers reply to this, to they can squash you for this. They have been asking for JUMP mode since years..

i'm sorry to burst your bubble, but as a long standing (old school) jumper in this game, i, as well as jumping friends of mine did not wish for this, as it sucks the skill right out of the true way of learning jumps that were unique to only UrT.. the only good thing is the g_noDamage for mappers that failed to produce a good quality map, however breaks the maps where the mapper wanted damage.. unlimited stamina/unlimited walljumps only serve to break all the old maps that actually required skill to complete, such as stamina drain, and also serve to break the spirit of jumping for true jumpers of Urban Terror..

this isn't only my opinion; it's also the opinion of friends that i have jumped with for years, however they want nothing to do with forums as far as voicing their opinions that will fall on deaf ears..

don't get me wrong as i totally respect the work that has been done for 4.2, however those "unlimited" features we can most certainly do without.. you totally disregarded why certain maps were created to begin with as well as the true spirit of jumping which WAS unique only to Urban Terror..

peace!

• (16 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942