• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[4.2] Update 4.2.012 Rate Topic: -----

#131 User is offline   Nikki Icon

• Account: nikki
  • Main tag: diRf!

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:39 AM

View Postgarcassgrinder, on 05 May 2013 - 11:25 PM, said:

To me it seams that the issue happens at peak times. So could that not be an indicator for an IP issue? IPv4 works nice but is not perfect.

Want only to catch up the stutter for investigation to find a solution. Like to run a wireshark trace while gaming till it happens. If that could deliver helpful infos... but want to get an opinion from FS if that makes sense.

@nikki:
With IP I do not mean Internet Service Provider (ISP). IP = Internet Protocol

I'm aware of what it stands for, I was responding to the person talking about ISPs...

I still don't think it's an uh "IP" issue.

#132 User is offline   Nikki Icon

Posted 06 May 2013 - 06:56 AM

Another thing, and if it's been covered already, please point me in the direction. I thought that it was fixed where you could look at a person's stats while dead and in spectator but that's not the case. Was this not going to be implemented?

This post has been edited by Nikki: 06 May 2013 - 06:58 AM

#133 User is offline   4keks Icon

• Account: 4keks

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:18 AM

Please add Russian lang into chat!!!!

#134 User is offline   Tizz Icon

• Account: tizz
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:31 PM

Nobody speaks russian. Do they?

#135 User is offline   Txc Icon

• Account: txc
  • Main tag: [Sk&Bh]

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:08 PM

View Post4keks, on 07 May 2013 - 11:18 AM, said:

Please add Russian lang into chat!!!!

What is the point ?

Russians usually speaks very good english ;) .
Besides is there no practise in e-net to used russian with latin letters ?!
For example bulgarian do it that way , besides it is boring to switch latin with cyrillic ;) .

View PostTizz, on 07 May 2013 - 02:31 PM, said:

Nobody speaks russian. Do they?

I know some ''nobodies'' who does ;) .

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#136 User is offline   LtStriker Icon

• Account: ltstriker

Posted 11 May 2013 - 07:42 PM

View PostBladeKiller, on 04 May 2013 - 04:48 AM, said:

Old bugs reappear for a variety of reasons and sometimes are hard to anticipate when you are working on a different area of the code. Q3 mod code is not nice to work with. This is very old code also that a lot of coders have worked on so things are not always clear as to what they do. It isn't like we put the old bugs in again or go back to older versions. That isn't how that happens. The bug may act the same but the cause can be from something completely different.

Lag causes that feeling of being pulled around the map.

I do not expect you to have good performance with prague v2 and say so in it's readme. It was made for a different engine. To get it to compile I had to remove a lot of the details in it as it is. I just wanted to get it play tested a bit so I released it. I don't expect it to replace the old version which is why I gave it a different name.

Ramelle has always had performance issues over the years due to its layout and impossibility to vis block it. This stutter seems to be unrelated to the map though from what I am seeing written by the people who have it. I and one of the coders managed to get our systems to stutter but that was by setting rate at a maximum and setting it back to a lower setting got rid of the stutter. I don't know if these are related. They probably aren't. No one in FS or QA has had the stutter yet so it's hard to debug. We shall keep gathering information on it.

Thanks for the explanation, BladeKiller. You did a great job on Prague V2. Looking forward to playing it in HD. Hope to have Ramelle back in shape too.

Can't explain what is causing the jitters, but it is definitely an issue that needs to be addressed. Surprised to hear that FS cannot duplicate the issue.
Looking forward to the next update.

Forgot to mention that mouse wheel cannot select an HE before a Smoke nade. That's one of the bugs that came back after having been resolved in Update 11.

Is there anyone who can address to issue of Mouse4 support that works if using my old 4.1 config but does not when using the 4.2 config?

Thanks,
|30+|LtStriker

#137 User is offline   Nikki Icon

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:44 PM

View PostNikki, on 06 May 2013 - 06:56 AM, said:

Another thing, and if it's been covered already, please point me in the direction. I thought that it was fixed where you could look at a person's stats while dead and in spectator but that's not the case. Was this not going to be implemented?

Anybody?

#140 User is offline   garcassgrinder Icon

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:22 AM

View PostFrankie V, on 22 May 2013 - 09:00 PM, said:

Sorry for the late response

Any and all information would be of value as for the moment no one on the team is experiencing a stutter effect as described nor are we able to recreate it.

Okay I will try to investigate that topic like described, but currently I busy with my job and don't find time to capture it.
So it will take some time.

• (16 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.frozensand.com/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942