• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[4.2] Update 4.2.012 Rate Topic: -----

#51 User is offline   wraith Icon

• Account: wraith

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:23 PM

just wow! great advice from a QA member.. never would have expected that from you.. -_-

#53 User is offline   wraith Icon

• Account: wraith

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:39 PM

View PostMarkinho, on 23 April 2013 - 10:35 PM, said:

I'm a player like you, what do you think QA is?

people that are actually qualified to give decent suggestions regarding this game.. apparently not always the case.. FS makes mistakes; i get it.......

People annoy you if they know your auth? /ignore them, easy

fyi, there's a multitude of ways to annoy people in a server.. again, good advice.. meh

#54 User is offline   Nikki Icon

• Account: nikki
  • Main tag: diRf!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:16 AM

I'm a player like you, what do you think QA is? jeez... I'll put a smile next time, don't want to hurt your feelings...

I suggested a way to spec cheaters and administrate, when you reconnect and verbosity is set to 0, there is no way players know your auth unless you join a team

People annoy you if they know your auth? /ignore them, easy

If that's the case, you should just slap QA under all of our names.

Like I said, I'll just wait for RaideR's response. Maybe he can give a little more insight than log out or go out of your way to disconnect and reconnect.

This post has been edited by Nikki: 24 April 2013 - 12:18 AM

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#56 User is offline   Driller Icon

•   community admin   
  • Account: driller
  • Main tag: uJ|

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:36 PM

Since day 1 of 4.2.001 until now i played a lot, always with auth.
Havent encountered any problem, noone is complaining about it either. I prefer to know the auth of players, wheter on scoreboard or via /playerlist thats doesnt matter much, and i cant see any reason to use alias except for fun. The reason to not use a auth is to hide for trolls, and thats the reason that there is a auth so you know who trolls. I prefer to know people, and for months i play with auths and i can be pretty sure its still the same person. Thats a real win for me.

Actually, now with auth i can use a alias for fun. Sometimes i used a alias but when there are people on server i know, i never like to use an alias, that doesnt feel good. In 4.1 i played for 99 procent with my name, and if i used alias it was for fun, or on servers with uknown players. Now with the auth i can just name me whatever i want, and still people know who is who, and thats a good thing, i can just take a funname and all who knows my auth knows me.

Auth names dont catch cheaters? Ofcourse they do, see a damm auth_cheater and there is no admin online, who cares, then you can just ban him on all of your own servers, not? Much easier now than ever.

#57 User is offline   YAY5637 Icon

• Account: yay5637
  • Main tag: <PWC>

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:51 PM

The problem is, how are you going to spec the cheater, he can always see your real name and get suspicious if you join spec (Only "advanced cheaters") and disable his hack/disconnect

In 4.1 you could consider reconnecting renamed, but now your real name will be shown upon connecting.

#59 User is offline   Nikki Icon

• Account: nikki
  • Main tag: diRf!

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:46 PM

View PostDriller, on 24 April 2013 - 12:36 PM, said:

Since day 1 of 4.2.001 until now i played a lot, always with auth.
Havent encountered any problem, noone is complaining about it either. I prefer to know the auth of players, wheter on scoreboard or via /playerlist thats doesnt matter much, and i cant see any reason to use alias except for fun. The reason to not use a auth is to hide for trolls, and thats the reason that there is a auth so you know who trolls. I prefer to know people, and for months i play with auths and i can be pretty sure its still the same person. Thats a real win for me.

Actually, now with auth i can use a alias for fun. Sometimes i used a alias but when there are people on server i know, i never like to use an alias, that doesnt feel good. In 4.1 i played for 99 procent with my name, and if i used alias it was for fun, or on servers with uknown players. Now with the auth i can just name me whatever i want, and still people know who is who, and thats a good thing, i can just take a funname and all who knows my auth knows me.

Auth names dont catch cheaters? Ofcourse they do, see a damm auth_cheater and there is no admin online, who cares, then you can just ban him on all of your own servers, not? Much easier now than ever.

We've already listed too many reasons for why people alias and we shouldn't have to go down this road again. Your last sentence though makes me realize that you haven't been following the conversation at all. Everything we've asked had nothing to do with masking players from administrators on any level. What's the point in you, as a user, knowing someone elses auth? It's really none of your business. Sure you might like transparency in that sense because it makes you feel a little more secure...to me, it just makes you nosey but that's just an opinion. If this game had an anticheat, I would be all for complete transparency but it obviously doesn't so that changes the rules quite a bit.

Now, I know you've been around for a while so I'm sure you know what a cheater looks like. There are many that haven't and will proceed to call out haxusations on top of that, following people around and team wounding/killing. I've seen this happen many times, including to myself. I actually had a couple follow me after running me off one server onto a server where luckily I had amin and took care of business pretty quick. I'm not even that great of a player so for people to do this is lol in itself. In this instance, I didn't alias between servers. So now, with this 4.2's implementation of giving transparency to EVERYONE, things like this are going to run rampant. They have your auth and you have their auth, good deal. What's that going to do for you right at that moment? Nothing. You still need a demo to show what's going on, etc. But now, you AND them are just going to be easier to find.

View PostYAY5637, on 24 April 2013 - 12:51 PM, said:

The problem is, how are you going to spec the cheater, he can always see your real name and get suspicious if you join spec (Only "advanced cheaters") and disable his hack/disconnect

In 4.1 you could consider reconnecting renamed, but now your real name will be shown upon connecting.

auth_versbosity fixes the blaring console message. 4.1 you didn't even have to disconnect (unless you were playing under your well-known name) and that's what I'm getting at for 4.2...only for a user to be able to alias and go to spec from playing. The only answer is now, "Tough luck, leave and come back and spec".

View PostMarkinho, on 24 April 2013 - 12:54 PM, said:

People must really hate you, ask yourself why at this point because I've never had such problems in 5 years (yea yea you play since paleolithic, I know)

I told you an alternative, you know "àut àut", while you wait for this absolutely urgent fix, sorry, I won't do that ever again

My next suggestion to Frozen Sand would be to revoke posting rights of socially inept twits speaking on behalf of you. This kind of attitude from someone representing your QA is nothing short of ridiculous. BeautifulNihilist, wraith and myself have given constructive criticism and suggested alternatives and/or given reasons to our thought process. To be met with some guy from your QA being a pompous, trolling ass doesn't make for a productive environment.

**I apologize in advance for being harsh but enough is enough.

This post has been edited by Nikki: 24 April 2013 - 04:00 PM

• (16 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.frozensand.com/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942