• +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

sudden lag problem Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

lag and ping problem

#11 User is offline   PredraG Icon

• Account: predrag

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:20 PM

But we still can work through console? Right?
But how to see in in console for example in what value we set fps etc... ?
:blink: :huh:
www.last.fm/user/Sky90po www.soundcloud.com/sky90po www.myspace.com/sky90po

#12 User is offline   thelionroars Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: thelionroars

Posted 07 July 2013 - 06:20 PM

View Postpredrag, on 07 July 2013 - 05:20 PM, said:

But we still can work through console? Right?

right

View Postpredrag, on 07 July 2013 - 05:20 PM, said:

But how to see in in console for example in what value we set fps etc... ?
:blink: :huh:

Just use the setting without any value, it will give you the current value eg.
\com_maxfps
\r_gamma
\sensitivity

etc

#13 User is offline   PredraG Icon

Posted 08 July 2013 - 02:12 PM

compared to the load.

How you mean? I ques that something do not match. :wacko:

Btw i try to set same value for packet and maxfps and on value 40 it work only one time. Then it come back when i try to set up more higher value like 80 or 125. More to add on this problem when that go away after stop of second or two it appear to make a a little space on green line on netgraph. It does not make any sense. It work better on older game version.

#14 User is offline   thelionroars Icon

•   QA member   

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:29 PM

Sorry but I'm just not sure what's causing problems here. Any chance you can make a screenshot showing the netgraph while this is happening? You can take a screenshot by pressing F11 key by default. Use \fs_homepath in the console to find where screenshots are located, they will be in the q3ut4/Screenshots subfolder.

#15 User is offline   PredraG Icon

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:22 PM

Here it right after that .

It's probablz not much to see but here it is. it make small spaces and it irritating. :wacko: :blink:
Posted Image
Up here is normal .
Posted Image
Here you see 1 space, that is when that come and stop game.
Posted Image
Ant here it goes in 2 times. Look in green line, it have 2 spaces.

This post has been edited by predrag: 08 July 2013 - 06:48 PM

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   thelionroars Icon

•   QA member   

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:28 PM

Thanks, that makes it a bit easier to understand what's happening. I believe the missing green sections mean that the packets have temporarily not been received from the server. I've had that happen to me before under certain conditions. Firstly, when connecting with a cheap router shared amongst several people. Second, when the cpu or connection on the server side is overloaded (other people would be noticing it if this was the case). Third, when playing on overseas servers and the connection is across continents - you are often going to get packets going missing. Fourth, when using a wireless connection.

I'm guessing your problem is the last one. If you are connecting using WiFi or 3G/4G I would try using a LAN cable if you can. Otherwise double check that other programs that may be using the network are all closed, and run antivirus if you are on Windows.

The little spikes I think are due to cl_maxpackets and the framerate not being synced. From the screenshots it looks like you can't get a consistent framerate, or perhaps it is just that particular section of Uptown - I remember hearing about framerate drops in that area, at least in older versions of the map. Anyway if you can find a value that gives you a constant framerate, and set cl_maxpackets to this rate, I believe they will disappear.

#17 User is offline   PredraG Icon

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:45 PM

Thanks, i play on servers near me. Max 1000km from me. I am in Serbia, servers are in Germany, Italy, Romania etc. Ping on this servers are from 29,30 to 90. I use cable conection not WiFi. I try to set up fps to the max 60. And same for packet. Yes so far i did not get constant fps nowhere. It is normal on part of map where there is no much buildings but if i get in middle of town and there is much textures it get down under 30 sometimes to 5 fps. It is low i know. But in most time on normal maps like Algeris it is 60/70/80. On subway i get 125 fps.
If i get in close space with other players (real players not bot) it also start this problem.
What are System requirements for new game version, please tell me i cant find it. All i found is people sat it " i play on this on that " ... It could be that my Cpu is overloaded. It could be that Avast make this problem but ...
My Spec:
Graphic- Msi N520GT-MD1GD3/LP
Cpu- Intel Celeron d 331 2.66 Ghz
Memory- Transcend 1 Gb ddr 400 Mhz
Hdd- Western Digital Wd5000aakx
Thats most important parts...

Yea i notice that this dont happening if there is 3 or 4 people in team. More than 3 or 4 people per team can start this bug, error, call it anomaly... But also that is all about servers with ping around 20-50 for me... Yea and should i set " duplicate packet" and " Local net Buffer" ?

This post has been edited by predrag: 09 July 2013 - 11:23 AM

#18 User is offline   PredraG Icon

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:16 PM

I found it! :rolleyes:
It is custom mode in resolution . When i use custom mode to change resolution it start this problem. But in game resolution mode there is no problem. But why you guys add only 4:9 Aspect Ratio resolutions? Where is 16:9 resolutions. When i try 1024x768 (game mode) it have better graphic than 1280x720 in custom mode, i guess it is something wrong with game render? Please answer! :biggrin:

This post has been edited by predrag: 09 July 2013 - 04:18 PM

#19 User is offline   PredraG Icon

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:34 PM

Any solution?

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942