Urban Terror Forums: Question and Answer sessions with the Development Team - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Question and Answer sessions with the Development Team Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Seven of Nine Icon

•   former FS member   
  • Account: sevenofnine
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:07 PM

Around the release of UrT 4.2.010 I arranged a "release party" which included a Q&A session with Bladekiller. People watching the stream could post their questions and BK wherever possible would answer these. I received quite a lot positive feedback from the community, so I'd like to host a Q&A session, kind of round the table style, where we have a number of developers who can answer questions about their specific subjects (code/mapping/modelling/animations/HD/4.2/etc).

Anyway to cut to the chase, feel free to post your questions in this thread. I'll do my best to ask all of them during the stream (will still be announced), some questions might not be answered for certain reasons. But I think this can at least shed a light on the development progress in Urban Terror. So I hope you'll all join in :)

#2 User is offline   SilverFoxZ Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: silverfoxz

Posted 20 June 2013 - 09:22 PM

Will there be another 4.2 update and if so when?

What is the best dish to eat while playing UrT?

Who is the most evil FS member (RaideR/NulL?? :ohmy: ) ?

What is being worked on more at the moment, UrT HD or 4.2?

Will there ever be a "proper" UrT Soundtrack(s)? Other than the menu theme.

When do you think will most players completly switch to 4.2 and are any actions by FS planed to make it happen faster?

Will there be any new maps in 4.2?

Will there ever be any other project than UrT developed by FS?

Much :wub: from the coolest UrT player there is. Only half the :wub: for Seven tho because of FB :rolleyes:
I raise komodo dragons in my spare time

#3 User is offline   pulse Icon

• Account: pulse

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:34 PM

Community voice acting? D:
If we have free-will, then why don't we have a choice not to?

#4 User is offline   Kris Icon

• Account: kris
  • Main tag: [#!]

Posted 21 June 2013 - 11:27 AM

Will we be expecting a Linux/Mac version of HD for us to test? Or is that in the 2 weeks which never happened last time?

#5 User is offline   x3r Icon

• Account: x3r
  • Main tag: 24/7.

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:41 PM

Can we expect voIP in-game for 4.2? (for both global and team)

Will we get a team balance without having to use B3 for 4.2?

[I think] Grenades and knives are not using the unlagged code, will they be made to use it in future 4.2 versions?

Will vanilla UrT ever support 64 slot servers in 4.2?

Will there be more freedom given to server admins about what weapons can be used on each team, damage, # of jumps allowed etc?

@BladeKiller Can we get a zombie skin in 4.2? :D

Are you guys going to try add more popular custom maps to the vanilla UrT?

Once HD is released, will you open source 4.2?

Will HD be released on Steam or is it too early to say?

When will notoriety be finished? What factors will effect notoriety?

How much are the operating costs FS pays out each month on average? (if you don't mind me asking)

Can medic information be output to the logs so bots such as B3 can factor this in for skill and for team damage?

Will "Blue / Red Team Won" sound be updated for the new colors?

Will there ever be a Bug Tracker on the website so everyone can see progress?

Will there be more chat $variables as others and myself have suggested in the past?

Can we get entity prediction so players and entity objects don't take a long time to appear when you come around a corner with high ping?

Can we get a shuffle teams that doesn't restart the map?

Could you implement a bot_maxplayers like bot_minplayers but start kicking bots once the server gets to XX players?

I will probably think of more later :p

wow I have way too many questions and maybe they are not exactly what you were looking for, but you get them all :p

This post has been edited by x3r: 22 June 2013 - 04:02 AM

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Seven of Nine Icon

•   former FS member   
  • Account: sevenofnine
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 21 June 2013 - 04:48 PM

Thanks for all the questions, they are all good, though some will not be answered please do keep them coming, we might have to split all these questions up in multiple Q&A sessions :)
I'd like to leave one note though, keep your questions specific.

View Postpulse, on 20 June 2013 - 10:34 PM, said:

Community voice acting?

For instance might be misinterpreted, so I guess if FS will want people outside of FS to do voice acting for urt?

#8 User is offline   bagheera Icon

• Account: bagheera

Posted 21 June 2013 - 08:47 PM

1. Does FS still has no time to bring back ut4_revolution?
2. Does bomb mode can be added to ut4_tunis? If not please remove it from BM voting menu.

#9 User is offline   Hypperz Icon

• Account: hypperz
  • Main tag: strayA#

Posted 22 June 2013 - 12:26 AM

Why was the SPAS whacked with the nerf-stick? It was already relatively lackluster, and I'm yet to hear a single person say they find it usable now.

The damage output on the Glock seems very illogical compared to the DE and 'retta - Could you give any insight to how the current damage output of it was chosen?

Why does nobody use the PSG? And in saying that, is there, or has there ever been any tweaks in mind to gain it some popularity? This same question could also apply to the Negev.

Personally I don't even notice them anymore, but the biggest complaint to 4.2 is still the animations - Has simply conceding and reverting them back to how they were in 4.1 even come under consideration?

Leg shots in 4.2 are registered from the belt down (some swear it is worse) - Is this intended?

#10 User is offline   Brainie Icon

• Account: brainie
  • Main tag: psyp.

Posted 22 June 2013 - 05:47 AM

- How do you see this game in 5, 10 and 15 years?

- Can you tell us about your work organization. For example, how do you communicate? How do you fix deadlines for this or that stuff to do? How do you decide if you are going to make a feature that was suggested by the community? The main point of this question is to know how are you organized, how is it managed (whether it's about Frozen Sand or UrbanTerror).

- Can you tell us about the philosophy of this game? This is a very large question, it's done on purpose :D

- Can you tell us about the way you're going to make this game equal for the competitions and for the people who want to play it for fun. Are you going to make it more axed on the competitive play or not?

- Where do you take your inspiration from to create this game? Do you follow some ideas from Counter Strike, or Quake, or anything else?
Psychologic People - Team Canada - Psychology in Urban Terror
ClanBase Writer and Referee - Ask me if issues

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942