• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Complete Dynamic IP problem Rate Topic: -----

This guy is a complete jerk.

#11 User is offline   x3r Icon

• Account: x3r
  • Main tag: 24/7.

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:22 AM

You should be able to ban by arm band color, name, gear, rate etc... if they all match but you risk banning the odd legitimate player if it isn't very unique. (mod B3 maybe).

You may also be able to get a list of proxies and ban as many as possible, like the ones at hidemyass.com/proxy-list

This post has been edited by x3r: 28 June 2013 - 12:25 AM

#12 User is offline   J.English Icon

• Account: jenglish
  • Main tag: [SnP]

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:29 AM

unfortunately he knows to change all that. he used to always have the same armband colour but one of my admins blew the whistle but maybe I can find other client information to ban by. Anyway it would be via b3 to create a ban like that?

#13 User is offline   J.English Icon

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:10 PM

I don't suppose anyone knows how to (if possible) perform a console command for someone.
I have spoof, sendclientcommand and forcecvar at my disposal.
I have a crash command using sendclientcommand and I can do spoof [client] say [message] and can do say_team but is there any sort of say_console (already tried lol).
Would really help cause I'd like to do the wonderful /wait -1 on this jerk which of course freezes the entire game making you have to forcequit the entire application. Would send a nice strong message that he is not wanted.

#14 User is offline   Nitro Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: nitro
  • Main tag: |P|

Posted 29 June 2013 - 02:11 AM

View PostJ.English, on 28 June 2013 - 12:10 PM, said:

I don't suppose anyone knows how to (if possible) perform a console command for someone.
I have spoof, sendclientcommand and forcecvar at my disposal.
I have a crash command using sendclientcommand and I can do spoof [client] say [message] and can do say_team but is there any sort of say_console (already tried lol).
Would really help cause I'd like to do the wonderful /wait -1 on this jerk which of course freezes the entire game making you have to forcequit the entire application. Would send a nice strong message that he is not wanted.

Google the ip, contact the IP owner via abuse email - ask them to prevent access to your static address to all their clients via their network.

If that does not work you could take it further and tell the ip owner you will report them to their network provider for continued abuse or get a list of all network addresses they own and firewall them using iptables or similar

also with rambetter's custom server binary (not sure if this works - testing required).

/rcon forcecvar <name> print "Your not Welcome!"
/rcon forcecvar <name> wait -1
Lian Li pc-o11dw Der 8auer Edition · Gigabyte x570 Aorus Xtreme · AMD Ryzen 9 5950x 16-Core
32GB DDR4 3800MHz CL16 · 2x 1TB Samsung NVMe RAID 0 · 16GB Radeon RX 6900XT Liquid Cooled

#15 User is offline   Ronaldlee Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: ronaldlee

Posted 29 June 2013 - 04:07 AM

You could have a text file that holds the first two octets of an ip plus a guid (one player entry per line). Any person who matches an entry on that list would have chat and radio. Everyone else would just be muted.

If you run B3 you could also have the bot roll the dice on people who meet a certain name, such as completely ruin their gaming experience using sendclientcommand and forcecvar. I prefer forcecvar because you can have some fun without disturbing others on the server (you can lag a player out).

Examples:

/rcon forcecvar [client number] snaps 5

/rcon forcecvar [client number] rate 300

/rcon forcecvar [client number] gear FKAAVSU

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   J.English Icon

Posted 04 July 2013 - 03:18 AM

i had a go with snaps and rate on myself and it didnt do anything. Nothing much seems to work on it cept like name and what not. Is it possible to get it to change an actual cvar in the q3config so that then I can change something to be unique and ban by that.
I don't actually get what sendclientcommand does. I mean it can make you invisible, crash it, make permanent bigtext or normal bigtext etc but do people know what other stuff sendclientcommand, spoof and forcecvar can do?

#17 User is offline   Nitro Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: nitro
  • Main tag: |P|

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:58 PM

I have a better idea -- update your server to 4.2 and enable auth and notoriety :) simplez
Lian Li pc-o11dw Der 8auer Edition · Gigabyte x570 Aorus Xtreme · AMD Ryzen 9 5950x 16-Core
32GB DDR4 3800MHz CL16 · 2x 1TB Samsung NVMe RAID 0 · 16GB Radeon RX 6900XT Liquid Cooled

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942