• Account: thelionroars

Posted 14 July 2013 - 08:32 PM

View Postn1n, on 14 July 2013 - 07:39 PM, said:

PS. hotpotato? give me a break...

#32 User is offline   cheech Icon

• Account: cheech
  • Main tag: |TNG|

Posted 14 July 2013 - 08:43 PM

Why you guys decide for us what is a good thing to do and what not?
i think the stamina is something that splits the opinions, and thats
why i liked the fact that everybody was able to decide by himself if
he wants full stamina on his server or not.

but now you come and say no. You forgot your own slogan?

Fun over Realisim

i know a lot of players who like the crazy things like low grav or
full stamina ctf or what ever. and in my opinion its not ok to forbid
it. particularly if you think about your own slogan.

sorry for the bad english.

#34 User is offline   cheech Icon

• Account: cheech

Posted 14 July 2013 - 09:00 PM

ok thats your opinion. and i accept that. but why i have to play like you want at my own servers?
if you understand what i mean. i dont understand that fs decide that for everybody. maybe you should change your motto than. fun over realism dosent match decisions like that.

#35 User is offline   Xcl4m4t10n Icon

• Account: xcl4m4t10n

Posted 14 July 2013 - 09:00 PM

22:00

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#36 User is offline   hellraiser Icon

• Account: hellraiser

Posted 14 July 2013 - 09:05 PM

View Post3xcl4m4t10n, on 14 July 2013 - 09:00 PM, said:

22:00

The updatre do not recognize when a new versio is avaiable, right? It directly tries to download alla the whole game (1/30 ) etc...

It, once executed, should dysplay a message for a newer version avaiable. Maybe I'm ranting I was not aware before?? :mellow:

#37 User is offline   Aelmiks Icon

• Account: aelmiks

Posted 14 July 2013 - 09:11 PM

View PostReflux, on 14 July 2013 - 07:02 PM, said:

n1n,

So your justification is: "It's dumb to me, so NO!." Your argument is a hyperbole by stating, "then just unlock everything along with weapon damage, player health, walking speed, server side skin forcing... whatever we just come up to, sounds fair to me". It isn't much different than what Ronaldlee @ 1up was stating, along with your own support.

http://www.urbanterr...post__p__343874

"why are you guys constantly trying to change UrT into that kind of game?" WHAT?!?!? Frag in jump mode makes sense, so it's sorta ok with you. g_gravity, g_knockback, g_hotpotato, etc. All of these affect the game in radical ways, and you think that giving the admins control of one more physics variable is going to outright ruin the game? It's a single, configurable option that's effective for very specific situations. It doesn't have to appeal to large crowds to be beneficial to some. I don't mind that it doesn't appeal to you. I doubt we're going to find a good sized crowd that likes every single aspect of the game. We're all hear for very specific things about UrT.

I highly doubt that you are unaware, but all that is left of UrT is a tiny group of player/admins. There isn't much of an audience to cater to these days. 313 listed 4.2.013 servers isn't that big of a following, half of which are almost always empty.

I totally agree.

If some guys don't want to play with fullstamina, then don't play in servers which have fullstamina. No one tell you to play in a server with fullstamina.
When you will connect to a server and you will see fullstamina, then you leave the server.
Everyone play the gametype and the mode that he wants ...
I don't see why someone will not let the others playing fullstamina, if just him doesn't like the fullstamina.

#38 User is offline   hellraiser Icon

• Account: hellraiser

Posted 14 July 2013 - 09:16 PM

View PostMarkinho, on 14 July 2013 - 08:50 PM, said:

I like hearing my opponent's breath and being sure a CTF attacker can't run like crazy with 2 hp because there's no stamina
I'm not against it but the players can't tell from the serverlist if the server has stamina or not, and it's annoying to join to figure it out and quit

Agree on that :cool:

#39 User is offline   thelionroars Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: thelionroars

Posted 14 July 2013 - 09:17 PM

View Posthellraiser, on 14 July 2013 - 09:05 PM, said:

The updatre do not recognize when a new versio is avaiable, right? It directly tries to download alla the whole game (1/30 ) etc...

It, once executed, should dysplay a message for a newer version avaiable. Maybe I'm ranting I was not aware before?? :mellow:

It should only update what needs to be updated. Are you running it in your urban terror directory?

#40 User is offline   n1n Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: n1n

Posted 14 July 2013 - 09:26 PM

at this point i really have to say this- it was a mistake stamina disabling was made possible at all, for JM regainstamina was more than enough, now people come to the idea why do we even need this movement penalty. this should have never happen, really.

@Nikki- yes, but no admin bothers to change this, i liked to decrease it to 10s, sometimes even to 5s on big maps where teams couldn't cap at all and grabbing 2 flags was just a waste of time so it was fair they loose them both fast. and it is NOT comparable with gravity that changes more or less EVERYTHING or knockback that doesn't do much if you don't combine it with knife only :) but all this still makes the UrT feel right, without stamina limit... it just won't, it will be quake3 with life-like environment and weapons. gross.
<sXe>

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942