• +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

New Gametype Gungame Rate Topic: -----

We need your input and feedback!

#11 User is offline   jhoosantos Icon

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:58 PM

Hi guys, i will start by saying that i dont speak very well english.

1.Have you played gungame before in another game
I've played Gun Game (Call of Duty BO2) and Gun Master (Battlefield 3).
I played this mod, to learn how to play with certain weapons like snipers and some pistols.
It's a fun gamemode to play =)

2. If you had to choose the order of guns
1st - Pistol's ( weaker pistol to a stronger one )
- Beretta
- Glock
- Colt
- Desert Eagle
- Magnum (2)

2nd - Secondaries ( weaker second. to a stronger one )
- Franchi Spas 12
- Benelli M4 S90
- MP5 (A4/K)
- Mac-11
- UMP45 (2)

3rd - Primary ( stronger Primary to a weaker one )
- M4A1
- LR300 ML
- G36
- AK107
- IMI Negev
- HK 69 (2)

4rd - Primary ( Final Stage )
- Remington SR8
- PSG-1
- Knife (2)

3. How would you make a gungame gametype more fun?
The Gun Game mode of cod is different from the gun game bf3, because in bf3 it takes 2 kills per weapon.
I think that every gun end of a stage, should be need 2 kills to move to the next stage ( like magnum, ump45, hk69 & knife )
If someone is killed by knife should go back one level.
Each level represents a gun.

4. How would you make a gungame gametype more intense?
Playing while i'm eating cookies d-(*.*)z

5. Cookies or ice-cream?
Ice-Cream

Should be added at scoreboard, level ( each level represents a gun )
Should be added at scoreboard, Points ( more advanced weapons = more points per kill ) ( knife kill = more points than any other weapons )
- Dying for knife which is not in the final stage = remove points equivalent to 3 kills, and go back one level.

I put the guns pre-announced of Urt HD in Section 2, if any gun is missing, please send me a pm.

#13 User is offline   Courgette Icon

•   community dev   
    B3 bot developer
  • Account: courgette
  • Main tag: [B3]

Posted 16 July 2013 - 12:03 AM

View PostBiddle, on 28 March 2013 - 11:49 AM, said:

1. Have you played gungame before in another game (e.g. CS, COD, Xonotic etc)? Did you like it? What made it fun?
2. If you had to choose the order of guns (including ALL guns, no HE) what would it be (pistol->secondaries->primares, other?)?
5. Cookies or ice-cream?

1) in CS:GO and BF3. I love it because rounds are around 15-25min long and it makes it ideal for when you just want to spend an hour of gaming or are waiting for friends. It's exciting when you are on the top 3 players and the race for the end goes crazy.

2) on BF3, I like to choose the server depending on the order they chose. Sometimes I like the classic order (pistol->secondaries->primaries->hk->knife). Other times I like to change a bit and enjoy a game on a server where we start with sniper rifle and go down toward pistols.

3 & 4) based on TDM instead of FFA.
  • Because it brings in different strategies to win the gun race depending on if the player ranked above you are on your team or not. If the 1st player is an enemy you can try to slow him down by knifing him; but if 1st player is on your team you have no other choice than to do more kill per minute than him.
  • Also, make it so admins can choose how many kills must be made with each weapon
  • And if you could add a cvar that determines how long a dead player has to wait before respawning that would be perfect.
  • A clear score board at the bottom of the screen or top would be a nice addition. (examples of scoreboard for BF3 gunmaster : http://i1.ytimg.com/...xresdefault.jpg),
5) Cookies

The main difficulty to make this game mode enjoyable will be to come up with respawn locations that 'feels right'. I mean it's always best not to respawn in front of the enemy, so choosing the respawn location by farthest distance of the closest enemy might be better than random ; and avoid respawn locations at busy intersections.
If you spawn at the spawn location the farthest from enemies that also gives an advantage to people managing not to die as they keep close to enemies to kill ; while when respawning far away from enemies you will have to guess where they are now and speed through the map to find them.

This post has been edited by Biddle: 26 February 2014 - 10:31 AM

#14 User is offline   Noxtty8 Icon

• Account: noxtty8

Posted 16 July 2013 - 12:08 AM

1. Have you played gungame before in another game (e.g. CS, COD, Xonotic etc)? Did you like it? What made it fun?
A: CS:S, CS:GO & BF3 - Yes - It's nothing too serious, it's relax, you chill with music on.

If you had to choose the order of guns (including ALL guns, no HE) what would it be (pistol->secondaries->primares, other?)?
A: 1-Barreta, Glock, Colt, DEagle, MAC, MP5, UMP45, Negev, Shotgun, PSG, SR8, M4A1, ZM, AK, G36 & knife

A: If the gun order could be customizable in the server. Would also be great if we could choose between 1 or 2 kills for each weapon before the switch.

A:Choose between less guns or more guns. I know it says FFA, but in team that'd be great too.

5. Cookies or ice-cream?
A: Duh.. it's summer, ICE CREAM!

This post has been edited by noxtty8: 16 July 2013 - 12:09 AM

#15 User is offline   grizz Icon

• Account: grizz
  • Main tag: HoMo/

Posted 16 July 2013 - 12:10 AM

1. Have you played gungame before in another game (e.g. CS, COD, Xonotic etc)? Did you like it? What made it fun? CS, COD.
Competition :) and raging of other players.

2. If you had to choose the order of guns (including ALL guns, no HE) what would it be (pistol->secondaries->primares, other?)?
spas > pistol(glock, retta, deagle, colt) > secondaries(mac11 >ump>mp5k) > primary (auto>sniper>HK) > knife
Maybe have something setup so its a random order every time, but still decent
Use the goomba stomp and set the player killed back 2 guns
5. Cookies or ice-cream?
CookieS

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   Brainie Icon

• Account: brainie
  • Main tag: psyp.

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:28 AM

I don't think so. But still, I wouldn't like it. UrbanTerror is a "shoot & run" game so if you add obstacles in this leitmotiv then tell me what is the point of this game. I prefer to start with all the resources I want and be put in front of intellectual obstacles or smart challenges (maps - movements problematic, team work, and so on, the usual fights we have you know) than being limited by the resources and using half the play time to find the good weapons to make a kill or two.

My first answer responds to this one I think.
To elaborate a bit, I'd say that we should be able to choose the order (ex: pick up the kind of weapon you want and then the order you have to accomplish will depend on it).

Add more useful but mostly different weapons that would give you different play styles. For example we have a HK that is not used the same way as a M4. G36 does certain things that a sniper can't. And so on.
But at the moment the latest weapon that contributes to this diversification is the MAC (and well, it's very subtle). To enlarge the horizons of Urban I think you should work more on the choice of new weapons. The COLT doesn't make such a difference in the game except its bigger bullets stock. We're having too much weapons from the same sort imo. Could we get something very different (as much different as a HK for example) ?

Answer #3 responds to this question I guess.
Create more weapons that request different ways of use. It might help to make this game type funnier (because ihmo I don't see the point of it with such a list of weapons we have actually...). Anyway it needs more weapons but surely not weapons that only make the difference by the number of bullet they have or the amount of damages they make.
I also think that the most played maps don't fit this idea. But some maps such as Raiders would be very cool for it.

5. Cookies or ice-cream?
Cookies are rubbish. Ice-cream isn't!
Psychologic People - Team Canada - Psychology in Urban Terror
ClanBase Writer and Referee - Ask me if issues

#17 User is offline   SilverFoxZ Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: silverfoxz

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:30 AM

Admins should be able to set the gun stages (like in BF3), also for gungame to be more than just a fun gamemode it needs good spawns (no people spawning behind each other etc.).

Ice cream.
I raise komodo dragons in my spare time

#18 User is offline   baex Icon

• Account: baex

Posted 16 July 2013 - 12:45 PM

CS:S Mostly - Hell yea - Custom Maps (mostly pretty small), a shitload of chaos and the feeling that you need to rape everybody with your usp. Even though they are on awp or smth :P

Beretta - Glock - DE - Colt
Mac11 - MP5k - Spaz - UMP
PSG1 - G36 - LR300/M4 (i wouldnt include both since they have same dmg afaik) - AK103 - SR8 - Negev - HK69
and finally - knife

Let the player choose for one item for the whole game. Helmet, Kevlar, ...
Might add some Items which you can disable by the server. Health Packs or smth like 50 % extra damage or endless stamina for 30 sec.. Yes i do enjoy quake alot, thanks for asking :D

Items and small maps. Will probably be made by the community though. I never enjoyed playing gungame on dust2.. On casa or turnpike it just seems strange. WE NEED LEGO MAPS AND ALL THAT SHIAT.

5. Ice Cream or Ice Cream?

I scream, You scream, everbody screams for ICE CREAM. Now try to get such an amazing sentence with the word cookies.

nty

This post has been edited by baeX: 16 July 2013 - 12:46 PM

View PostNounou, on 01 December 2012 - 12:33 AM, said:

Hey I love you baex, but also, consider that i'm drunk

#19 User is offline   BasementCat Icon

• Account: basementcat

Posted 16 July 2013 - 11:36 PM

Apart from what others have already said, I think the option to choose between team-based GG (e.g. TDM and CTF) and FFA GG would be nice. I've only tried TDM GG in CS:S and it was a lot of fun, because you weren't immediately obliterated if you fell behind in kills. Also it gave rise to some strategic gameplay where team mates would forfeit a kill in order to let someone else have it to improve the team's chances in future rounds.

#20 User is offline   Clear Icon

•   former FS member   
    Programmer
  • Account: clear
  • Main tag: 6th|

Posted 16 July 2013 - 11:36 PM

1. Have you played gungame before in another game (e.g. CS, COD, Xonotic etc)? Did you like it? What made it fun? I play it on CS:Source, and I like it. The fun part, I think, is the instant gratification; you kill someone, and you get the reward instantly. It's also a good warmup for when I want to play a normal game :D

2. If you had to choose the order of guns (including ALL guns, no HE) what would it be (pistol->secondaries->primares, other?)? pistol -> secondaries -> primaries -> knife (Similar to CS:S, the knife could 'steal' levels, i.e. the person you knifed loses a level)

3. How would you make a gungame gametype more fun? Team gungame

4. How would you make a gungame gametype more intense? It's pretty intense as it is, as long as the maps aren't too big.

5. Cookies or ice-cream? Ice cream.

This post has been edited by Clear: 18 July 2013 - 12:28 AM

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942