• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Auth in 4,2,0,15 Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   Drizzt Icon

• Account: drizzt

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:43 AM

I tried deleting the comments (/ / blahblahblah), and loading a old config (which worked in earlier versions on other servers).

Neither of these attempts worked.

#12 User is offline   Nitro Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: nitro
  • Main tag: |PWNY|

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:55 PM

ok so didnt get much sleep as i was making progress getting to the bottom of this.

In short a bug fix will be required in future versions of urban terror, however for the time being server admins need to make their server info strings as small as possible in order to not go over the limit which will prevent auth from working properly. You can see your serverinfo string by using the command " /rcon serverinfo "

Now as you can see here: http://www.urbanterr...5&submit=Search
I have 4 servers Authed - Public - and basic or higher accounts only.

and here I have been able to now add all my servers to my group: http://www.urbanterr...e/pwny/servers/

I achieved this by removing a few un-needed cvars from my serverinfo string by changing the following cvars to a null value such as:

set g_antilagvis ""
set g_maxGameClients ""
set dmflags ""
set sv_minPing ""
set sv_minRate ""
set bot_minplayers ""

There are more than can be disable but depend on what gametype your server runs.

set fraglimit "" // Depends on TDM/FFA
set capturelimit "" // Depends on CTF/CAH
set g_bombdefusetime "" // Depends on BOMB
set g_bombexplodetime "" // Depends on BOMB
set g_maxrounds "" // Depends on TS/BOMB
set g_stamina "" // Depends on JUMP
set sv_privateClients "" Depends if you want private slots

The more of these you set the more space you will have for other things like coloured hostnames (or longer hostnames) and the ability to use sv_dlURL cvar without going overlimit.

note of sv_dlURL - Try to use the smallest domain you can for example mines is set to "lilpwny.com/urt" I have stripped out the "http://www" to save more characters.

Hope this helps!
Lian Li pc-o11dw Der 8auer Edition · Gigabyte x570 Aorus Xtreme · AMD Ryzen 9 5950x 16-Core
32GB DDR4 3600MHz CL15 · 2TB Seagate FireCuda 530 NMVE · 16GB Radeon RX 6900XT Liquid Cooled

#13 User is offline   UnlessMe Icon

• Account: unlessme

Posted 29 September 2013 - 02:38 PM

Nitro, you could sleep last night. :laugh:

i set some values you said and something like sv_hostname, g_motd, sv_joinmessage... that were the longest.
i noticed authentication is done when server starts so you can manage these settings when it is on-line...
... unfortunately options vanish if server gets down.
at the moment it seems to work fine and i hope it continues so.
awaiting for next version will fix this.
thank you again! :smile:

#14 User is offline   Nitro Icon

•   QA member   

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:15 PM

no you cant manage these settings after the server starts as it will just stop the heartbeats later...

also modify the server.cfg and make it read only. then your settings wont change. also on linux the server reads/writes to a directory ".q3a" with all cvars - I emptied this directory and made it read only to stop any nasty surprises with random cvars being reset.
Lian Li pc-o11dw Der 8auer Edition · Gigabyte x570 Aorus Xtreme · AMD Ryzen 9 5950x 16-Core
32GB DDR4 3600MHz CL15 · 2TB Seagate FireCuda 530 NMVE · 16GB Radeon RX 6900XT Liquid Cooled

#15 User is offline   UnlessMe Icon

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:23 PM

currently run-time variables didn't change. if they will, i am going to unset all useless vars and waiting for next fix.
is it usual all group levels (friend, member, referee, rcon owner and head admin) can ban players on the server?
i guess only rcon owners and head admins could.
thank you.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   Nitro Icon

•   QA member   

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:39 PM

the problem also seems to extend to the client side aswell, players are constantly getting "badinfo" responses which causes auth to drop them.

for clients I have tested the following cvars like so to help combat the problem:

//---USELESS CVARS---//
// These cvars waste userinfostring space and can cause numerous connect problems
// with urban terror servers where the client gets kicked for "bad info".
seta model ""
seta headmodel ""
seta handicap ""
seta g_redTeam ""
seta g_blueTeam ""
seta team_model ""
seta team_headmodel ""
seta sex ""
seta cg_predictitems ""
seta teamtask ""
seta cl_anonymous ""
seta ut_timenudge ""

The biggest culprit I saw was funstuff (g_funred/g_funblue) both these cvars can contain multiple items of funstuff causing the infostring to be very large.
my advice is to not use funstuff if you are being kicked from servers for "BadInfo" or if you dont like funstuff anyways set the cvars like so:

seta funblue ""
seta funred ""

#17 User is offline   Drizzt Icon

• Account: drizzt

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:02 PM

View PostNitro, on 29 September 2013 - 01:55 PM, said:

ok so didnt get much sleep as i was making progress getting to the bottom of this.

In short a bug fix will be required in future versions of urban terror, however for the time being server admins need to make their server info strings as small as possible in order to not go over the limit which will prevent auth from working properly. You can see your serverinfo string by using the command " /rcon serverinfo "

Now as you can see here: http://www.urbanterr...5&submit=Search
I have 4 servers Authed - Public - and basic or higher accounts only.

and here I have been able to now add all my servers to my group: http://www.urbanterr...e/pwny/servers/

I achieved this by removing a few un-needed cvars from my serverinfo string by changing the following cvars to a null value such as:

set g_antilagvis ""
set g_maxGameClients ""
set dmflags ""
set sv_minPing ""
set sv_minRate ""
set bot_minplayers ""

There are more than can be disable but depend on what gametype your server runs.

set fraglimit "" // Depends on TDM/FFA
set capturelimit "" // Depends on CTF/CAH
set g_bombdefusetime "" // Depends on BOMB
set g_bombexplodetime "" // Depends on BOMB
set g_maxrounds "" // Depends on TS/BOMB
set g_stamina "" // Depends on JUMP
set sv_privateClients "" Depends if you want private slots

The more of these you set the more space you will have for other things like coloured hostnames (or longer hostnames) and the ability to use sv_dlURL cvar without going overlimit.

note of sv_dlURL - Try to use the smallest domain you can for example mines is set to "lilpwny.com/urt" I have stripped out the "http://www" to save more characters.

Hope this helps!

With this works!! :laugh:

-----------------------------------
auth: resolving authserver address 
auth: resolved 
InitAuth: \auth\-1\auth_status\notoriety\auth_cheaters\1\auth_tags\0\auth_notoriety\1\auth_groups\\auth_owners\3090\auth_verbosity\1
auth: sending heartbeat 
-----------------------------------

Thanks for your work! :smile:

#18 User is offline   UnlessMe Icon

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:35 PM

View Postunlessme, on 29 September 2013 - 06:23 PM, said:

is it usual all group levels (friend, member, referee, rcon owner and head admin) can ban players on the server?

:wink:

#19 User is offline   Nitro Icon

•   QA member   

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:56 PM

btw auth_verbosity 1 will not work because of client infostrings overlimit - until an update is done to reduce the client infostrings you will always have players being kicked for "BadInfo"

View Postunlessme, on 29 September 2013 - 06:23 PM, said:

currently run-time variables didn't change. if they will, i am going to unset all useless vars and waiting for next fix.
thank you.

I don't understand your question,

#20 User is offline   Runamok Icon

• Account: runamok
  • Main tag: -WAR-

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:07 AM

maybe FS could look into removing all the cvars that are "useless" from the client/server status/info, or even from the game entirely

This post has been edited by Runamok: 30 September 2013 - 02:08 AM

-WAR-Runamok`

cyrus: "Camping" is a non-issue for a player that uses his/her head.

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942