• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Auth in 4,2,0,15 Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   UnlessMe Icon

• Account: unlessme

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:56 AM

to ban a player from the web, you need to have a group connected to the server and a few users.
i mean, if you aren't on the list of the users (which include friend, member, referee, rcon owner and head admin) you can't ban any player.
now, if a group owner (he's probably the head admin) adds to the group friends and members i guess he doesn't want they can ban players like him.
so, why can all the levels ban players instead of, for example, only rcon owners and head admins?
thank you.

#22 User is offline   Nitro Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: nitro
  • Main tag: |PWNY|

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:36 AM

Ok I am sure thats not meant to happen and will look into it for you.
Lian Li pc-o11dw Der 8auer Edition · Gigabyte x570 Aorus Xtreme · AMD Ryzen 9 5950x 16-Core
32GB DDR4 3600MHz CL15 · 2TB Seagate FireCuda 530 NMVE · 16GB Radeon RX 6900XT Liquid Cooled

#23 User is offline   Nitro Icon

•   QA member   

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:55 AM

View PostRunamok, on 30 September 2013 - 02:07 AM, said:

maybe FS could look into removing all the cvars that are "useless" from the client/server status/info, or even from the game entirely

Thats the plan, there are still things in the client info strings not needed at all.. like .../model/sarge/headmodel/sarge/... thats valuable space right there and there is a ton of it. But its not a simple task so don't hold your breath :)
Lian Li pc-o11dw Der 8auer Edition · Gigabyte x570 Aorus Xtreme · AMD Ryzen 9 5950x 16-Core
32GB DDR4 3600MHz CL15 · 2TB Seagate FireCuda 530 NMVE · 16GB Radeon RX 6900XT Liquid Cooled

#24 User is offline   UnlessMe Icon

• Account: unlessme

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:41 PM

View PostNitro, on 01 October 2013 - 12:36 AM, said:

Ok I am sure thats not meant to happen and will look into it for you.

alright, thank you!

#25 User is offline   Wolfseye Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: wolfseye
  • Main tag: FCDE-

Posted 05 October 2013 - 09:48 AM

Well, I followed this discussion here today all to the end, because I feel I have the same problem, or ish...

Tried to setup a Server again here on my Home PC. Got the same auth messages than what this post was initially about. I changed things the way Nitro posted and I got rid of those issues. However still, after forwarding the right ports in my router (worked before a bit ago) I still can't see my Server in the Serverlist. Just doesn't show up and I really dont know what else I could have missed.

Playing and hosting UrT now for over 10 years (with longer breaks in between) and you'd think I still get it working. But here I am, not really seeing the problem.

My shortcut on the Ded. Server is:

"D:\Games\UrbanTerror42\Quake3-UrT-Ded.exe" +set fs_game q3ut4 +set dedicated 2 +exec server.cfg

So either I am just blind by now, which is possible starting upwards 40 :) or I did something wrong or something changed I do not know.
Any help is appreciated. ;)

Cheers

Wolfseye

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#26 User is offline   Nitro Icon

•   QA member   

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:36 AM

Did you disable any cvars like g_modversion or gamename? can you give me the name or IP of your server?

#27 User is offline   thelionroars Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: thelionroars

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:05 PM

Wolfseye, I had the same problems when the updater didn't replace the executables. Try deleting one of the zpaks that were updated this time (pretty sure 0018 was one) and running it again.

also, with port forwarding I've found I need:

+set net_ip <internal address>

my full parameter list is:

+set fs_game q3ut4 +set dedicated 2 +set net_ip 192.168.x.x +set net_port 27960 +set com_hunkmegs 256 +exec server.cfg

This post has been edited by thelionroars: 05 October 2013 - 01:14 PM

#28 User is offline   Wolfseye Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: wolfseye
  • Main tag: FCDE-

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:14 PM

View Postthelionroars, on 05 October 2013 - 01:05 PM, said:

Wolfseye, I had the same problems when the updater didn't replace the executables. Try deleting one of the zpaks that were updated this time (pretty sure 0018 was one) and running it again.

also, with port forwarding I've found I need:

+set net_ip <internal address>

my full parameter list is:

+set fs_game q3ut4 +set dedicated 2 +set net_ip 192.168.x.x +set net_port 27960 +set com_hunkmegs 256 +exec server.cfg

Actually, how I usually do that is download the full ZIP and unpack it. If I already have a previous install (which in this case was 2 or 3 versions old) I just unpack the new ZIP into the existing URT folder and overwrite the files. Afterwards I start the updater, which then usually says that its all checked and to the latest Version.

I dont use the updater to update from one version to another, because I find that really a lot slower than downloading from a good Mirror link.

I have not much time tonight but tomorrow I will check the things you said. ;)

@Nitro: No, I have not deleted any of those CVARS. Since that will be a Server running on my home Connection (with dynamic IP) it wouldnt help you if I give you the IP now, it will be different in 12 hours. Thats how it is with our provider. But when changing from DSL 6000 with not even 1 Mbit upload to 100 Mbit Fibre Optics and 12 Mbit upload, you dont really complain about more frequent IP changes. ;)

More later and thanks for you guys help.

Cheers

Wolfseye

#29 User is offline   louk Icon

• Account: louk
  • Main tag: :{Per}:

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:30 PM

Hi there, I'm also having this badinfo problem and it seems that b3 can't register their pbids(auth names). I read all you said here but couldn't find the solution. Any idea?

#30 User is offline   kalamazoo Icon

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:32 PM

I have put this in my cfg file:

seta auth_owners 817

and my server is still not seen on your website urbanterror.info

Am I doing something wrong?

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942