ut4_iran3_u1 Rate Topic: -----

Final Update

#1 User is offline   xandaxs Icon

•   mapper   
  • Account: xandaxs
  • Main tag: CMM|

Posted 03 January 2014 - 10:43 PM

Hello folks.

After a while, I reached the conclusion it was finally time for me to release ut4_iran3. There are a lot of things I had planned on doing that I gave up on, but it was time I let go of this map.

Download:
CMM: Mirror #1
Dropbox: Mirror #2

Screens:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Story:
During the yer of 2013, UZ innovated a lot in their competition. One of the popular events they created was the "knock out". This map was in need some some extra spawns to be able to be played on a knock out even, and, failing to contact the original map maker, eya asked me to update the map. Needless it is to say I got carried away and started updating more stuff...

Changelog iran3 to iran3_rc1:
- Major clean up on the map
- Some texture changes / texture improvements
- Replaced barrels with models
- Added some other models throughout the map
- Better sky and better lighting
- Slight layout modification

Changelog iran3_rc1 to iran3_u1:
- Name change so people won't confuse rc1 for a past version of the final iran. (u stands for updated)
- All textures and shaders should now work even if you have the original iran3 map in your q3ut4
- Better and more careful packaging (I apologize for the last release's packaging, wasn't at my best at the time)
- Added Bomb spots
- Added CAH Flags
- Fixed spawns throughout the map
- Added location names
- Better lighting throughout the map
- Fixed a couple textures

Special Thanks:
- vulture for giving me his optimized version of q3map2 and helping out with a couple errors.
- NulL for helping out with a couple shaders
- UZF Clan for testing, providing feedback on the map and run it on their servers.

Hope you guys enjoy it. It's a fun map to play :)

This post has been edited by xandaxs: 09 January 2014 - 04:14 PM

#3 User is offline   Doe.TwainColts Icon

Posted 04 January 2014 - 09:51 AM

View Postxandaxs, on 03 January 2014 - 10:43 PM, said:

Hello folks.
After a while, I reached the conclusion it was finally time for me to release ut4_iran3.

Nice rework.

But,

to release ut4_iran3

Negative, ut4_iran3 already exists.
Check urt dot li or urtrepo dot fr

To me it should be iran4 or iran3fix or other.

Plus, btw fyi,
with both ut4_iran3 and ut4_iran3_rc1 in q3ut4
I miss sky textures in ut4_iran3.

#4 User is offline   NulL Icon

•   former FS member   
    Level Designer
  • Account: null

Posted 04 January 2014 - 10:29 AM

Levelshot texture is not power of 2 resolution; its 1280x1024, make it 1024x1024.
MD3 models don't need to be included in the pk3 (oak)
The map doesn't appear in the start sever menu because the .area file has the wrong name (ut4_iran_rc1 not ut4_iran3_rc1)
The word "Iran" in the minimap is upside down
textures/iran/env/light.jpg: is this used in the map? could probably be deleted.

Go-on put some detail into the map, seeing a map made with just 3 textures on massive brushes isn't very impressive. Its not 1997 anymore.

#5 User is offline   xandaxs Icon

•   mapper   
  • Account: xandaxs
  • Main tag: CMM|

Posted 09 January 2014 - 03:02 PM

Map updated, check first post.

Changelog iran3_rc1 to iran3_u1:
- Name change so people won't confuse rc1 for a past version of the final iran. (u stands for updated)
- All textures and shaders should now work even if you have the original iran3 map in your q3ut4
- Better and more careful packaging (I apologize for the last release's packaging, wasn't at my best at the time)
- Added Bomb spots
- Added CAH Flags
- Fixed spawns throughout the map
- Added location names
- Better lighting throughout the map
- Fixed a couple textures

@NulL: This isn't my map to change. I only updated it like I did because of a request by eya. I was only going to add the spawns she asked me to add. but there were so many damaged things in the map that it took me a while to fix them all. This update should be final, unless there's some major bug that needs fixing.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Fleuv Icon

• Account: fleuv
  • Main tag: f8`

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:36 PM

Hahaha NulL so typical of you, that reply of you. never give a compliment or something just staight to the point tell him what he did wrong hehehe!

However it's true what he says especially 'Its not 1997 anymore' hahahaha! The map is bad, i think it doesn't need an update.
~ Cheers

xF.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942