• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Gosu pwns Newby Rate Topic: -----

#31 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations
  • Account: woekele

Posted 03 March 2005 - 11:40 AM

Well, sr8 should only be used by like 1 guy per team to give tactical cover/backup from far away, not for an individual who just wants to make many kills on his own. On pubs, it prolly could be of little use, since people use no teamplay there.

#32 Guest_Apollyon

Posted 03 March 2005 - 12:13 PM

[quote name='"woekele"]Well' date=' sr8 should only be used by like 1 guy per team to give tactical cover/backup from far away, not for an individual who just wants to make many kills on his own. On pubs, it prolly could be of little use, since people use no teamplay there.[/quote']

So where's the speed in that ? ( +the fact that sniping is totally gay then )

#33 User is offline   Blade (old) Icon

• LocationThe Netherlands.

Posted 03 March 2005 - 12:25 PM

[quote name='"woekele"]Well' date=' sr8 should only be used by like 1 guy per team to give tactical cover/backup from far away, not for an individual who just wants to make many kills on his own. On pubs, it prolly could be of little use, since people use no teamplay there.[/quote']

or so you say... If I were to make a clan existing of only snipers, just because we think it's fun. we SHOULD let only one snipe? hahaha c'mon...

I agree with apo, but would like to take it a step further, remove the movement penalty completely, it's not like everybody said it was anyway. ''omg now every n00b can kill you'' because your spray cannon will do more damage... thx

#34 User is offline   FragginNewby (old) Icon

• LocationKilladelphia, PA

Posted 03 March 2005 - 01:18 PM

lol... I don't think removing the movement penalty will do anything but ensure *everyone* carries the SR8 - it does inflict the greatest damage, after all. Hell, you'd see me running around with it constantly if there were no movement penalty... although, just to screw around with it, it would be sweet to try for a few maps... hahaha

#35 User is offline   Blade (old) Icon

Posted 03 March 2005 - 02:12 PM

[quote name='"Fraggin'Newby"]lol... I don't think removing the movement penalty will do anything but ensure *everyone* carries the SR8 - it does inflict the greatest damage' date=' after all. Hell, you'd see me running around with it constantly if there were no movement penalty... although, just to screw around with it, it would be sweet to try for a few maps... hahaha[/quote']

lol... then how come it was balanced in previous versions? because the auto's did huge damage, kthx.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#36 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations

Posted 03 March 2005 - 02:16 PM

Sr8 wasnt balanced in previous versions :o

And if you were to make a clan of snipers only, and all play sr8, you deserve to suck :)

And appolyon, I think you are right, the sr8'er himself won't be 'speedy', but the other players can rush earlier, cuz of the sr8'er covering them.

#37 User is offline   crazyyhedgehog Icon

Posted 05 March 2005 - 07:00 AM

leave damage as is in 3.7 and remove the moving penalty that's what i say... then the game is gonna be so much better and fair since all other weapons are much stronger!!!

~ teh hog

#38 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations

Posted 05 March 2005 - 10:52 AM

leave damage as is in 3.7 and remove the moving penalty that's what i say... then the game is gonna be so much better and fair since all other weapons are much stronger!!!

~ teh hog

Huh, how does leaving the damage as in 3.7 (non-gosu) make other weapons much stronger?

#39 User is offline   No|Leaf|Clover (old) Icon

• LocationNew York, USA

Posted 05 March 2005 - 02:25 PM

I think he means leave the SR8 damage identical to 3.7 while keeping all other weapons at gosu damage.

#40 User is offline   Blade (old) Icon

Posted 05 March 2005 - 02:31 PM

Sr8 wasnt balanced in previous versions :o

And if you were to make a clan of snipers only, and all play sr8, you deserve to suck :)

And appolyon, I think you are right, the sr8'er himself won't be 'speedy', but the other players can rush earlier, cuz of the sr8'er covering them.

2.3 ;x 2.4 ;x 2.5 ;x If I recall correctly m4 (lr300) was the way to go in those versions, or psg1/spas. not the sr8, only for some people. And if I was to make a clan of very skilled snipers, I deserve to suck? rofllllllll because some noobs can own you eZ with lr300 spammage? BS and everybody here knows it. 5 skilled sr8-ers >>>>>>>> 5 lr300 n00bs. How can you give cover to your team when they are running through doors/running around corners and passing gates? sr8 can only give cover to people that are in your sights... that means when the other team attacks :

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942