• You cannot reply to this topic

No HITS! -4.2.018 Rate Topic: -----

Fix the terrible hits please

#52 User is offline   DragonHeart Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: dragonheart

Posted 01 February 2014 - 06:57 AM

View PostFrankie V, on 01 February 2014 - 06:47 AM, said:

Check with the server operator and have them check to make sure that there is no 4.1 based asset pk3 files placed in the games directory.

Using 4.1 control and ini files can mess with server side hits in 4.2.

My 4.2 server was a complete from-scratch implementation and has no way of reading any assets from the old 4.1 server. There is no chance of foreign .pk3s (other than a limited number of maps) contaminating the server. If there is a problem it is elsewhere.

Men are like Pantyhose.
Some run... some cling... and some just don't fit right in the crotch! :D

Forever-Angels

#53 User is offline   vareul Icon

• Account: vareul

Posted 01 February 2014 - 09:07 AM

View PostDragonHeart, on 01 February 2014 - 06:57 AM, said:

My 4.2 server was a complete from-scratch implementation and has no way of reading any assets from the old 4.1 server. There is no chance of foreign .pk3s (other than a limited number of maps) contaminating the server. If there is a problem it is elsewhere.

Thats what i was thinking. I dont really think its FA's servers. I doubt that it is. Theres people from various servers and clans that have mentioned having this same issue.

I dont think i should hit every shot i take, nor do i think im a marksman level player. I just find it a bit odd that i miss so often in these very controlled shots.

#55 User is offline   vareul Icon

Posted 01 February 2014 - 06:23 PM

Whats the second half of the problem?

I dont mean this in any pushy or agitated way. I know what i encountered. I didnt count anything as odd if it wasnt in as controlled a test as i could get in an active CTF server. It might take me a half hour or more to run into someone whos camping a corner and doesnt kill me in a half second once im in line of sight. Only thing recording my gameplay would show is that my crosshair and rate of fire are certainly well controlled in those situations.

Theres a marked difference between missing a moving target because of ping or spread, and missing a stationary target while crouched, and firing in semi auto mode. My shots are rather tightly grouped in full auto mode, for the first 5-6 bullets, when shooting at a wall. Of course range effects the spread of burst fire, even more so for full auto. This issue might just be one born of the way the game handles traffic. Something about that doesnt seem right, though. I highly doubt that my average of 80 ping, would cause my stationary, crouched shots, to miss 5 out of 8 times, since the target was AFK in a corner. It took me a good 12 seconds to kill the person. They didnt even turn around.

Im aware that noones trying to hide anything, thats not what im saying. Im just saying that, logs aside, im having a real issue.

This post has been edited by vareul: 01 February 2014 - 06:26 PM

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#56 User is offline   DragonHeart Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: dragonheart

Posted 01 February 2014 - 11:51 PM

@ Frankie

I verified the md5sum of all .pk3 files and they were all correct, so if it is corrupt, it's corrupt upstream.
Additionally, I looked through all .pk3 files to verify that the player models are only present in zUrT42_0013.pk3 and this is indeed the case, so asset duplication doesn't appear to be the problem, at least from an end-user perspective.

Men are like Pantyhose.
Some run... some cling... and some just don't fit right in the crotch! :D

Forever-Angels

#58 User is offline   thelionroars Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: thelionroars

Posted 02 February 2014 - 02:19 AM

While reinstalling the server might be a very methodical way of troubleshooting, if it is a fresh install and the md5s have been checked, I'm very doubtful it is going to fix anything. You could try running through the server configs to check if anything is there that shouldn't be I suppose.

If I'm not mistaken I was the player in the crosshairs when vereul experienced this issue the other day. I think I ran out of bullets, reloaded and then finished him off while he shot me with all his weapons and didn't get a hit. It did seem very odd and that he should have hit me. I experienced something similar playing a 1v1 on a local server with another low-ping player a few days ago. I aimed at them and shot them before they'd seen me, and there were no hits at all when it seemed that I would have damaged them at the very least. On the same server a day or two earlier, up to ten players and no one mentioned any problems. I think there needs to be a consistent pattern across many servers and players to state outright that there is an issue, but I will say I have seen a couple of incidents that seemed odd lately.

#60 User is offline   vareul Icon

Posted 02 February 2014 - 03:48 AM

View Postthelionroars, on 02 February 2014 - 02:19 AM, said:

While reinstalling the server might be a very methodical way of troubleshooting, if it is a fresh install and the md5s have been checked, I'm very doubtful it is going to fix anything. You could try running through the server configs to check if anything is there that shouldn't be I suppose.

If I'm not mistaken I was the player in the crosshairs when vereul experienced this issue the other day. I think I ran out of bullets, reloaded and then finished him off while he shot me with all his weapons and didn't get a hit. It did seem very odd and that he should have hit me. I experienced something similar playing a 1v1 on a local server with another low-ping player a few days ago. I aimed at them and shot them before they'd seen me, and there were no hits at all when it seemed that I would have damaged them at the very least. On the same server a day or two earlier, up to ten players and no one mentioned any problems. I think there needs to be a consistent pattern across many servers and players to state outright that there is an issue, but I will say I have seen a couple of incidents that seemed odd lately.

You were one of them. However the issue i had against you included factors of movement and spread. Its possible that i legitimately missed after the 3rd or 4th bullet on full auto. I know that my crosshair was right on your chest when i fired the first two with a short hold of the trigger.

Frankie, i wasnt accusing anyone of hiding anything. i was trying to make it clear that i dont suspect anyone of wrongdoing. I know that noone is hiding things, and i want you to know that i know that. Figured it might help if you were at ease about the interaction between us. I am presenting a controversial issue, after all.

I am even more worried about whatever is going on now that i know the hitmesh is 1:1 with the player model. Im not really worried about KDR since i play FA CTF. Im worried about being able to slow someone whos running my teams flag, and im worried about killing people who rush my teams flag area. Basically, i play defense. I usually use burst fire mode, and fire a single burst when my crosshair is over the players chest. My issues have caused a severe lack of tactical capability.

TL:DR im not worried about how i look on the KDR rankings, im worried about how i actually perform in a CTF related setting.

This post has been edited by vareul: 02 February 2014 - 03:53 AM

• (9 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942