• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

ut_sanc sky

#21 User is offline   Roadkill (old) Icon

• Locationroyal.stockholm.se

Posted 05 April 2004 - 11:18 AM

I wonder if people flame Adobe when they release their upgrades for Photoshop which is filled with bugs? Or Microsoft? Or any softwaredeveloper? No, you bide your time and wait for a patch/fix. Shit happens in SW-development whether it is a game, application or OS. Calm the f**k down. Speaking to noone in general, I'm just so bored to read all the whining after every release. It has been stated soooo many times before, don't like it, don't play it. No need to flame SID.

No! I am not kissing their fleshy buttockses, I am aware of the flaws that followed in this release, but they are aware of them and are working on them, so. Just wait and play the game til the patch arrives. :)

#22 User is offline   L3mMinG (old) Icon

Posted 05 April 2004 - 02:36 PM

Well it's certainly true that nobody would think of reinstalling urt every month cause it would seize working, yet with windows I see lots of people spamming their self-interesting re-install of a load of crap but 1 skybox is bugged and they flame away :)

I don't know about qa for this game, most people I hear have been in the team are veterans in urt, dunno if their opinions are that objective since they play the game in some kind of routinous way.

Sanc actually looks damn cool as far as lighting is concerned.

#23 User is offline   LORD OF DOOM (old) Icon

Posted 06 April 2004 - 04:45 PM

It's rather funny since most gamers turn the sky off anyway so normally they wouldn't even know unless they purposely turned it back on just to check. I didn't know sanc was using the old casa skybox and I commented out the shader because it was interfering with the new sky in casa.

Shit happens blade :) we forgive u and we hope a fix will be released soon cause sanc is our fav. BM mode map and we want to continue using it for that. btw most in UTZ use the skybox also during wars afaik.

#25 User is offline   don Icon

• Account: don
  • Main tag: GlaD-

Posted 10 April 2004 - 07:20 AM

editted.

#26 User is offline   Aarsbuds0r (old) Icon

• LocationNetherlands, The

Posted 12 April 2004 - 11:24 PM

Who cares who's fault it is, important thing is, its gonna be fixed.

#27 Guest_sir_redemption

Posted 18 April 2004 - 06:37 PM

Shut up dondon, go wash my car bitch.

Roadkill is exactly right, Take some time to go find a microsoft forum and read the complaints they get! LOL. The idea behind all this, is to hopefully find a medium ground between the client/consumer, that being us, and the developer/producer, SID. It will never happen, but maybe people would start to realize, on both sides of this, that constructive criticism is encouraged, and negative fulminatory comments that come out of some of the members of this community should just be ignored.

That being said, I keep encouraging SID to help with their relations with this community, and hopefully bring back the QA team of the 2.6a to 3.0 period, which I thought was fairly successful. Also, if there is a chance I could get on the QA team, I would love to participate and offer my knowledge of the game to help each release.

#28 User is offline   Hybridesque (old) Icon

• LocationBradford, UK

Posted 21 April 2004 - 12:26 PM

[quote name='"No|Leaf|Clover"]Actually' date=' blade, the sky seems to be some sort of solid, as if the whole map was indoors. As a result, turning off the sky does nothing.[/quote']

That's just the skybrushes, structural brushes textured on the inside with the skybox shader. Sanc was built as a caulk-hull map, which is the best method of building a map, for it's efficiency and superior VIS qualities (better VIS, higher FPS).

Wierd thing is how the skybrushes are lightmapped, which is usually not the case (normally the skybox shaders are set to be not lightmapped) and hence the orange bits or darkness here and indeed there.

Hybridesque.

#29 User is offline   Oswald (old) Icon

• LocationWishin' I was in SoCal

Posted 21 April 2004 - 06:01 PM

[quote name='"sir_redemption"]That being said' date=' I keep encouraging SID to help with their relations with this community[/quote']

What's that supposed to mean? We still have very good relations with our communty and we even have gamers who want to QA around.

#30 User is offline   Bar-B-Q (old) Icon

Posted 21 April 2004 - 11:54 PM

Explain yourself, Absurd Redemption, or I'll kick you in the coochie!!!

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.urbanterror.info/members/donate/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942