Urban Terror HD Gametypes

which one is planned?

#11 User is offline   Swiiitan Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: swiiitan
  • Main tag: wG*

Posted 12 May 2014 - 03:42 PM

View PostSilverFoxZ, on 12 May 2014 - 03:11 PM, said:

If you want to add new life to bomb mode you should think of something bigger than just a little item, it doesnt add much tactical depth if you ask me.
I'm not saying that this feature is gonna solve everything, but it is a step in the right direction and it adds ALOT of tactical depth if you ask me.
Also as Dez said: Maps made into consideration of Bomb and not just bombspots randomly put into the map is also an important step to be made.

View PostSilverFoxZ, on 12 May 2014 - 03:11 PM, said:

Wich would make it even more frustrating if you would loose an important match just because your opponent had a lucky panick cut.

It would have been frustrating but then again it would be part of the game and there is many features in a game that can change the tide, you just need to learn to accept them or find a way to deal with them.

As i see it you get stuck on the idea of frustration and that it will destroy the competitiveness.
There is always ways around. For example: With private servers you should be able to disable it in the server settings if you dislike it so much, problem solved!
As i said in Counter strike this feature is mainly activated on Public servers only and not in Competitive games. So the same thing could be applied for UrT HD.
It's a feature that would be optional for the server owner/tournament holder.
It's there for those who want it instead of not existing at all because some dislike it.
Ingame: Swiiitan
Clan: **Saft

#12 User is offline   SilverFoxZ Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: silverfoxz

Posted 12 May 2014 - 03:55 PM

View PostJustMe..., on 12 May 2014 - 03:42 PM, said:

I'm not saying that this feature is gonna solve everything, but it is a step in the right direction and it adds ALOT of tactical depth if you ask me.

I dont see how it adds any tactical depth, mind explain how it would? As i see it it just makes you less dependent on your teammates, since you dont need as good cover while defusing, wich doesnt fit a game wich wants to be a team based game.

Also as Dez said: Maps made into consideration of Bomb and not just bombspots randomly put into the map is also an important step to be made.

Agree.

It's a feature that would be optional for the server owner/tournament holder.
It's there for those who want it instead of not existing at all because some dislike it.

Question is if its worth wasting time on it if only a some people would use it on their servers, and the time couldnt have been spent on important feautres. Maybe make a poll on how many even would want something like this.

This post has been edited by SilverFoxZ: 12 May 2014 - 03:56 PM

I raise komodo dragons in my spare time

#13 User is offline   Swiiitan Icon

•   QA member   

Posted 12 May 2014 - 04:26 PM

View PostSilverFoxZ, on 12 May 2014 - 03:55 PM, said:

I dont see how it adds any tactical depth, mind explain how it would? As i see it it just makes you less dependent on your teammates, since you dont need as good cover while defusing, wich doesnt fit a game wich wants to be a team based game.
Sure i can explain: Having a defusekit allows you to defuse the bomb faster.
And since the member who equips it loose another item, you want to keep this person alive, since he is the one who can make you win the rounds that otherwise would have been to late.
Just because you have a defusekit doesn't mean that you can bash in and start defusing while the defenders are still there, and still make it (not impossible but not likely).
And of course you still need good cover by your team, just not for as long. And it is THAT feature that you choose to use instead of another item.
Simply a defuse kit gives you more time to rethink you moves and get into the site in time to eliminate and defuse.

If you are against that then fine, we all have different opinions.

View PostSilverFoxZ, on 12 May 2014 - 03:55 PM, said:

Question is if its worth wasting time on it if only a some people would use it on their servers, and the time couldnt have been spent on important feautres. Maybe make a poll on how many even would want something like this.
Sure make a Poll if that would make you feel better, I've said what i wanted to say and it is my opinion. What Frozen Sand makes out of it depends on them, not me, Thanks.

#14 User is offline   Fredrik Icon

•   verified donor   
  • Account: fredrik

Posted 12 May 2014 - 11:12 PM

View PostJustMe..., on 12 May 2014 - 12:04 AM, said:

The wire system on another hand is random as you say, but it functions as a desperate last way out.
Cutting a wire gives a 25% success and 75% Failure, So the odds are against you.

I'm not too sure how odds work, but won't the success rate increase each time it fails? Like if i throw a dice aiming for the number 6 but i don't get it, the next time i throw the dice there will be a higher chance.

Since the failure rate is higher, we know that the first attempt is more likely to fail. If this is the case, the team that defuses the bomb last will have more success cutting the wire (if the first defusers had more fails, which they probably had).

So having a equal success/fail rate would be better, if what I'm saying is correct.

If a team has a good lead so they can risk losing some rounds, it's a nice way to possibly exceed the lead even further. And a team that is losing with little chance of coming back can take the risk but it may turn out even worse for them. I guess that's it's usage. Not sure if i want it or not.

This post has been edited by Fredrik: 12 May 2014 - 11:18 PM

#15 User is offline   SilverFoxZ Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: silverfoxz

Posted 12 May 2014 - 11:18 PM

View PostFredrik, on 12 May 2014 - 11:12 PM, said:

So having a equal success/fail rate would be better, if what I'm saying is correct.

Nah if something is random the odds are going to be the same everytime you "roll the dice" anew.
I raise komodo dragons in my spare time

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   Pez Icon

• Account: pez
  • Main tag: strayA#

Posted 14 May 2014 - 01:14 AM

View PostSilverFoxZ, on 12 May 2014 - 11:18 PM, said:

Nah if something is random the odds are going to be the same everytime you "roll the dice" anew.

exactly this ^ the colour of the wire changes each time so therefore it is like rolling a dice each time, you have the same chance of getting a 6 every time you do it.

I agree with silver that i wouldn't like the cut wire in competitive games, but also theres no reason why it can't be an option if people do like it.

are there currently any bomb designed maps other than dust_v2? and are there any FS or other map makers willing to work with us to create some good ones?

#17 User is offline   Warlord33 Icon

• Account: warlord33

Posted 14 May 2014 - 05:30 PM

D: your not including FTL? That is one of my fave gametypes!

And with the wire cutting thing, surely if you got wrong one it would just blow up?

If you are saying difusing it by cutting a wire is not fair, then maybe it just adds another 10 seconds? dunno.

#18 User is offline   Swiiitan Icon

•   QA member   

Posted 14 May 2014 - 08:10 PM

View PostWarlord33, on 14 May 2014 - 05:30 PM, said:

And with the wire cutting thing, surely if you got wrong one it would just blow up?

If you are saying difusing it by cutting a wire is not fair, then maybe it just adds another 10 seconds? dunno.

Yes if you cut the wrong wire then the bomb will blow up :)
Ehm the add of cutting wire is suppose to be a faster but less safer way/gambling way to defuse a bomb so your suggestion kinda kills the whole idea of it. (:

#19 User is offline   lyurh Icon

• Account: lyurh
  • Main tag:

Posted 15 June 2014 - 05:28 PM

My Idea : "4TEAMS" for HD, it will be great ^^

>> http://www.urbanterr...gestion-4teams/

#20 User is offline   Ikslorin Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: ikslorin

Posted 15 June 2014 - 06:26 PM

View PostFredrik, on 12 May 2014 - 11:12 PM, said:

I'm not too sure how odds work, but won't the success rate increase each time it fails? Like if i throw a dice aiming for the number 6 but i don't get it, the next time i throw the dice there will be a higher chance.

No, you always have a 1 in 4 chance to cut the right wire. After rolling the die more than once you just have had more tries.

You could just as much have after 16 tries
11 fails + 3 successes + 1 fail + 1 success

Another example is me going 1st vs. 2nd in Hearthstone, which should be 50/50:
[61,39] [110,90] [157,143]
You should note, that there's not enough difference between me going 1st or 2nd in the 2nd and 3rd datasample to statistically tell that Blizzard hates me.

So ...

The addition of such a massive dependancy on luck, which cannot be controlled by skill, is the reason why I am very much against this idea. As SFZ said, this feature would open the possibility for undeserved wins, and having it as only an option opens the question to how much it is worth the work.

View Postlyurh, on 15 June 2014 - 05:28 PM, said:

My Idea : "4TEAMS" for HD, it will be great ^^>> http://www.urbanterr...gestion-4teams/

3 or 4 teams? That on the other hand I could see being massively popular on pubs - maybe even used in the more silly competetive tournaments (Something similar to StarCraft II's ShoutCraft Clanwars). It would take a lot of work though - not only would the maps surely have to be changed appropriately, but also all the coding that is needed?

It should probably not take high priority?

This post has been edited by Ikslorin: 15 June 2014 - 06:36 PM

YouTube: youtube.com/ikslorin -|- Tweet, tweet: @ikslorin
Email: ikslorin[at]gmail[dot]com -|- Twitch: twitch.tv/ikslorin

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.urbanterror.info/members/donate/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942