• +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bullet Penetration

#1 User is offline   Pez Icon

• Account: pez
  • Main tag: strayA#

Posted 12 May 2014 - 01:51 PM

Has there been much thought into bullets being able to penetrate wood or other less dense objects? Just a suggestion and was interested in the rest of the communities view... damage would be reduced of course

#2 User is offline   TehReaper Icon

• Account: tehreaper

Posted 12 May 2014 - 04:49 PM

View PostPez, on 12 May 2014 - 01:51 PM, said:

Has there been much thought into bullets being able to penetrate wood or other less dense objects? Just a suggestion and was interested in the rest of the communities view... damage would be reduced of course

I think that's a great idea. I've always wished that bullets would penetrate enemies into others behind them as well. Maybe have it to where if they're not wearing kevlar people behind them can get hit with much lower damage when one of the more powerful rifles are being used?

#3 User is offline   tupp Icon

• Account: tupp

Posted 13 May 2014 - 03:22 AM

I've thought about it, and the only application this would have is getting a lucky double hit once or twice a week. Unless you play that server with a whole cloud of bots that roams the map in a huge pack :)

#4 User is offline   rayne2 Icon

• Account: rayne2

Posted 13 May 2014 - 01:28 PM

Bullets going through thin walls- yes
Bullets going through enemies- noobish demand to be honest

#5 User is offline   TehReaper Icon

Posted 13 May 2014 - 03:57 PM

View Postrayne2, on 13 May 2014 - 01:28 PM, said:

Bullets going through thin walls- yes
Bullets going through enemies- noobish demand to be honest

The reason I say that about enemies, is that whenever I'm facing multiple opponents I always try to maneuver to keep them lined up so that only one of them can shoot at me. I always can't help but think that when the other person is standing right behind the person I'm shooting at that they should be taking some damage too. I think allowing some damage to pass through adds another level of skill to both sides honestly. You get rewarded for maneuvering your opponents into such a position, and your opponents also can't just hide behind their teammate while their teammate is getting shot. It requires a greater level of awareness on both sides. Not sure how that's noobish at all.

This post has been edited by TehReaper: 13 May 2014 - 04:01 PM

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   rayne2 Icon

• Account: rayne2

Posted 14 May 2014 - 03:05 AM

It's noobish cause people will just spam guns like negev and bullets will cause damage to players behind them.

When I'm facing multiple opponents my aim and movement determine the outcome. Now i haven't played the game as actively in i think almost 3 years now so I'm quite rusty.
Few days ago i jumped in some CTF server and found myself in a situation where i was put against 3 opponents.

I did a power slide towards the one on the left, took him out, switched to the other guy, took him out and quickly swapped to DE to get the third guy.

And even though they were total noobs that should have taken me down with ease during the powerslide it was really great i came out of that fight with almost 50% health.

If I'm able to shoot through my enemy, it's just boring run and spam the living shit out of everything.

So yeah it is a noobish request. Especially if the trajectory if the bullet remains unaltered after exiting the body.

The bullet doesn't just goes through in a straight line you know. It changes path and loses a lot of the power it had. If it goes through in a straight line is taking the "fun over realism" motto and changing it to "in this game shit you wont believe happens".

So you'd end up with weak bullets flying out of your enemy in completely random directions.
So in the end you wouldn't hit anyway.

Now if you suggested ricocheting bullets, that bounce off of certain surfaces, that would be different.

This post has been edited by rayne2: 14 May 2014 - 03:07 AM

#7 User is offline   YAY5637 Icon

• Account: yay5637
  • Main tag: <PWC>

Posted 14 May 2014 - 08:59 AM

It's noobish cause people will just spam guns like negev and bullets will cause damage to players behind them.

If I'm able to shoot through my enemy, it's just boring run and spam the living shit out of everything.

But a lot less damage and "negev-a lot=0"
And i dont know how it favours spamming, if you dont hit your target you cant hit the person behind your target..

In my opinion it just gives a bigger point to (team-) positioning.
I guess its a rare occurance that you hit someone through someone else

#8 User is offline   TehReaper Icon

Posted 14 May 2014 - 01:21 PM

View PostYAY5637, on 14 May 2014 - 08:59 AM, said:

And i dont know how it favours spamming, if you dont hit your target you cant hit the person behind your target..

Precisely. That makes zero sense whatsoever. If running around spamming everywhere doesn't help you now, which it doesn't, it wouldn't be any different if you could shoot through enemies.

#9 User is offline   SilverFoxZ Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: silverfoxz

Posted 14 May 2014 - 02:05 PM

I like using teammates as meatshields tho :/
I raise komodo dragons in my spare time

#10 User is offline   Pez Icon

• Account: pez
  • Main tag: strayA#

Posted 15 May 2014 - 12:55 AM

View PostTehReaper, on 14 May 2014 - 01:21 PM, said:

Precisely. That makes zero sense whatsoever. If running around spamming everywhere doesn't help you now, which it doesn't, it wouldn't be any different if you could shoot through enemies.

exactly. having bullet penetration of players was one part i wasn't sure about, but through wood and other thin objects seems a no brainer to me.
The damage would be at least reduced by 50%, therefore spraying a negev that does little damage anyway would be far from overpowered. The penetration of players is more for the damage by snipers, where in practice the high velocity rounds are actually likely to come out of the body at a relatively normal tragetery and velocity high enough to wound the next player in line. I fail to see how it promotes noobiness, it would just mean people can't be used a meatshields anymore weather thats a positive or a negative i am unsure.

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942