Urban Terror Forums: So should Mr. Sentry be more than just Mr. Sentry? - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

So should Mr. Sentry be more than just Mr. Sentry?

#11 User is online   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 18 June 2014 - 09:26 PM

View PostTehReaper, on 18 June 2014 - 03:52 PM, said:

[..]As to your question, no, absolutely not.

Well. i think you are only referring to the default sentries. (hopefully, because i want controllable sentries as ents for 3rd party mapping) Since i doubt that any mapper would spam his map with controllable sentries. Since obviously no one would really like to play this.
Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

#12 User is offline   codemadeflesh Icon

•   mapper   

Posted 18 June 2014 - 11:45 PM

View PostFrankie V, on 17 June 2014 - 03:40 PM, said:

Well the ideal is to just make useful and functional stuff as a map entity and leave it up to the 3rd party map maker to decided how such items best fit in their maps design. The bad news is map makers will not have access to blueprints so anything to be added by third party will need to be restricted to predefined entities much like in GDK.

We are the equipment manufacture and if someone wants to use a bat to hit a ball or beat someone over the head with it then we would have to make it available. ;)

I did a beta map long ago called Honeyride for a 'evil boss lair' competition. NulL helped me hack Mr Sentry into a mid map death trap where from each flag postion a door could be triggered to open and inside a Mr Sentry aiming straight out from a very narrow room killing the other team but also the own team's FC. I thought it was hilarious but most players seemed to hate it.

#14 User is offline   SilverFoxZ Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: silverfoxz

Posted 19 June 2014 - 01:14 PM

Yeah why not give mappers the option to play around with stuff like remote Mr.Sentrys etc.
I raise komodo dragons in my spare time

#15 User is offline   KarlMariaSeeberg Icon

Posted 19 June 2014 - 01:32 PM

View PostFredrik, on 18 June 2014 - 12:11 AM, said:

and katana. double god ~

+1
if you don't like uptown, you are basically hating urban terror.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   tupp Icon

• Account: tupp

Posted 20 June 2014 - 06:37 AM

I think that mr.sentry shouldn't shoot at flag carriers. As soon as the "spawn area" is entered, anyone carrying a flag should have it instantly drop so that they can't bring it into the spawn area.

#17 User is offline   Pez Icon

• Account: pez
  • Main tag: strayA#

Posted 20 June 2014 - 01:20 PM

this is just my opinion, but i believe anything done to enhance Mr.Sentry is a waste of time that could be used on more important things that actually effect gameplay

#18 User is offline   TehReaper Icon

• Account: tehreaper

Posted 20 June 2014 - 06:38 PM

View PostPez, on 20 June 2014 - 01:20 PM, said:

this is just my opinion, but i believe anything done to enhance Mr.Sentry is a waste of time that could be used on more important things that actually effect gameplay

Exactly, this is something completely frivolous that can always be added in a later revision. First make sure that people actually like the game itself, and that it is able to accumulate a player base before even thinking about things like this.

#20 User is offline   iynque Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: iynque
  • Main tag:

Posted 21 June 2014 - 08:35 PM

I think you should make it an option for map makers. Anyone who doesn't like it is free to avoid playing those maps. Any server admins are free not to use those maps in the rotation. …so basically nothing will have changed; you're already free to avoid maps you don't like. 😛
|FA|iynque 😈 Fallin-Angels

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942