Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Map not found Rate Topic: -----

A very nooby question!

#1 User is offline   tupp Icon

• Account: tupp

Posted 02 September 2014 - 11:29 PM

So I wanted to try making my own map, so I went and found this tutorial and even though it's for linux, and it's probably outdated, I figured enough out to make and compile a map. I used 7zip to stick the necessary files into a .pk3 but when I try to run the map in urt using the /map command, it says "map not found"

I downloaded the example map from the tutorial and checked in in 7zip and the files looked identical. urt can play the example map just fine with /map but not my map!

Is there a certain way to make these .pk3 files? Because whatever I'm doing I guess it's wrong.

EDIT:

I've also set it to run urban terror right after the map finishes compiling, but the same issue occurs. There aren't any map leaks that would cause it to not work. Please help!

"Failed to execute the following command: C:\Users\Tupp\Desktop\UrbanTerror42 - Dev\quake3.exe+set sv_pure 0 +set fs_game q3ut4 +devmap ut4_tutorial1"

This post has been edited by tupp: 03 September 2014 - 02:59 AM

#4 User is offline   tupp Icon

• Account: tupp

Posted 05 September 2014 - 01:01 AM

Thanks, this helps and it works, I wasn't putting my .map files in the right folder so now it works. I am going to install a fresh version of urt just to mess around with mapping because I think the copy of my "gaming" version is too messy lol.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942