• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

List of good Suggestions Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#71 User is offline   tupp Icon

• Account: tupp

Posted 12 December 2014 - 04:17 AM

Hm kicking grenades seems like a small thing that nobody really needs/will use. And I'm trying to think of a good reason for this idea but I can't. It's like when someone suggests that bullets travel through players and hit anyone standing behind them. Sure it could work, but it will almost never be useful enough to care about.

Anyway, here's what I could come up with:

1. People usually cook grenades anyway so kicking them is going to be unlikely.
2. Shooting a grenade will probably be near impossible, and therefore, will only happen when people don't intend to even hit the grenade.
3. Think of it like a curb stomp. You only curb stomp someone when you absolutely know you can do it without a lemming, and this nearly never happens. Same thing with kicking a grenade, if you miss, you get blown up.
4. I don't agree that it would unbalance the game, I feel it would add an extremely unnecessary aspect to the game,
5. Gotta agree with the fact that guns ARE NOT made for the sole purpose of maiming and hurting, they are made for KILLING people. Just like grenades.

I heard once about 'killing your darlings' e.g. an idea that you think is good, but everyone else thinks is bad. Sometimes you just have to 'kill' it and accept that it's not gonna work :)

#72 User is offline   OlGood Icon

• Account: olgood

Posted 12 December 2014 - 07:08 AM

I want to see more of that kind of thinking...
Thanks for that guys, FINALLY raising the bar.

Unfortunately you're right, I can't think of any way of doing it that would work properly...

This post has been edited by OlGood: 12 December 2014 - 07:08 AM

#73 User is offline   Biddle Icon

• Account: biddle
  • Main tag: fr.

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:21 AM

View Posttupp, on 12 December 2014 - 04:17 AM, said:

3. Think of it like a curb stomp. You only curb stomp someone when you absolutely know you can do it without a lemming, and this nearly never happens. Same thing with kicking a grenade, if you miss, you get blown up.

Well some people like to take the risks :)

#74 User is offline   cryonics Icon

• Account: cryonics
  • Main tag: Forge|

Posted 12 December 2014 - 07:44 PM

It would be really nice and usefull if you

• Add a "Search Server" function on Serverlist.
  • Add a "Search Server" function on Favourites.

#75 User is offline   OlGood Icon

• Account: olgood

Posted 13 December 2014 - 04:36 PM

Maybe a Search field that would be looking at the server name, map, mode, player number, etc...
That way you could type "Huh Server" OR "kingpin" OR "Team Survivor" OR "/24" if you ever happen to be looking for a 24 slots server.
That is something I always missed in games, a search field where I could REALLY search for what I wanted at that moment... let's do that thing better than others, and not just the server name.

This post has been edited by OlGood: 13 December 2014 - 04:37 PM

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#76 User is offline   tupp Icon

• Account: tupp

Posted 14 December 2014 - 02:31 AM

I suggested this before but it's gone unnoticed - Take away fall damage when falling on to climbable surfaces.

This could add to the game by allowing more cool jumps to become possible, but I'm not sure how everyone feels about it.

Also, maybe when someone kills someone with throwing knife, have big text pop up with some humiliation thing :D

#77 User is offline   KarlMariaSeeberg Icon

Posted 14 December 2014 - 12:33 PM

View Posttupp, on 14 December 2014 - 02:31 AM, said:

I suggested this before but it's gone unnoticed - Take away fall damage when falling on to climbable surfaces.

This could add to the game by allowing more cool jumps to become possible, but I'm not sure how everyone feels about it.

i do like jumping but am against this idea ...

when it comes to ladders though: why not make it possible to use ladders without making a sound, i noticed people trying to achive that by going up the ladder bit by bit, which means pressing your forward button multiple times, this obviously does not work, you can not avoid the distinct sound.

the possibilty to climb ladders siliently might be a new strategic option...
you should not be able to just press forward and get the advantage of a silent climb, the downside has to be that this would be a stop and go thing, tap the button to slowly move upward ...
if you don't like uptown, you are basically hating urban terror.

#78 User is offline   Biddle Icon

• Account: biddle
  • Main tag: fr.

Posted 14 December 2014 - 03:32 PM

View Postcryonics, on 12 December 2014 - 07:44 PM, said:

It would be really nice and usefull if you

• Add a "Search Server" function on Serverlist.
  • Add a "Search Server" function on Favourites.

This is done, working, and should be implemented in the next release.

Also, maybe when someone kills someone with throwing knife, have big text pop up with some humiliation thing :D

Concerning the no fall damage on ladders, that would change the gameplay quite a bit. I personnally do not feel it's the right thing to make it easier for people to jump. Nevertheless, I've added it to the suggestion list, if one feels like proposing a CVAR to have such an option, why not...

Now, that idea can be nice :)

#79 User is offline   German Noob Icon

• Account: germannoob

Posted 14 December 2014 - 03:43 PM

View PostKarlMariaSeeberg, on 14 December 2014 - 12:33 PM, said:

the possibilty to climb ladders siliently might be a new strategic option...
you should not be able to just press forward and get the advantage of a silent climb, the downside has to be that this would be a stop and go thing, tap the button to slowly move upward ...

That would be very cool. I think of all the times when I fell of laundromat in uptown, left with 1 HP, trying to get back up without making a sound. :/

Sneaking up a ladder can be a good addition. I think it would be easy to implement if it wsa just something like 'hold sneak/walk while climbing' but it has to be very slow in order to make it fair :)

Greetings,
Noob

#80 User is offline   KarlMariaSeeberg Icon

Posted 14 December 2014 - 04:35 PM

View PostGerman Noob, on 14 December 2014 - 03:43 PM, said:

That would be very cool. I think of all the times when I fell of laundromat in uptown, left with 1 HP, trying to get back up without making a sound. :/

Sneaking up a ladder can be a good addition. I think it would be easy to implement if it wsa just something like 'hold sneak/walk while climbing' but it has to be very slow in order to make it fair :)

Greetings,
Noob

good to see you like the idea,

if the implemantation of this idea changes the game too much then an alternative would be to turn down the volume of the climbing when it's done slowly/ with walk key pressed
if you don't like uptown, you are basically hating urban terror.

• (17 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942