• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

List of good Suggestions Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#91 User is offline   Mookiii Icon

• Account: mookiii
  • Main tag: wG*

Posted 11 January 2015 - 08:03 AM

View PostBiddle, on 08 January 2015 - 12:41 PM, said:

..players will then have the possibility to do so any time they want, even when no admin is around. It's the same thing as being allowed to vote for the nextmap, cycle a map or kick a player.

That`s what i mean :biggrin:

Thanks for the Answers, playing some Years but never seen this Vote :blink:

BTW, the Idea with the Walk Button to climb up a Ladder slow and silently is great :ph34r:

This post has been edited by Mookiii: 11 January 2015 - 08:08 AM

#92 User is offline   mathieu Icon

• Account: mathieu
  • Main tag: [KzH]

Posted 15 January 2015 - 06:02 PM

something cool i saw long ago and only remembered it was there, some details when a server is full

http://imgur.com/GxZKIrN

Maybe it'd be cool :D

#93 User is offline   killspree Icon

• Account: killspree
  • Main tag: ds`

Posted 23 January 2015 - 04:46 PM

View Postthelionroars, on 15 September 2014 - 02:48 AM, said:

• Update the default control settings. e for sprint and c for crouch stand out for me in particular as being a hard configuration for new players. There should also be a default bind for dropping the flag in ctf.
  • Bring back the demo that shows the movements. It's sad to see someone review the game over a few minutes and never see what makes urban terror unique.

i do think c for crouch is totaly unusable i alway's use q for crouch e for sprint rest i leave standard i gues you guy's do this on purpose so you can pwn noobs more efective because you prob think wasd is for sheep only would be nice if you guy's keep in mind that the Noob is your life line since most players are noob on a daily basis i think q is a more logical crouch button because have you ever trierd holding forward and e and then tried a few walljumps then sliding whit c as crouch this is nearly impossible to do.

also it would be nice if there would be a system hardware detection in the game that detects your best hardware settings because how it stands the noob players has the worst possible set iup from the get go.

#94 User is offline   OlGood Icon

• Account: olgood

Posted 23 January 2015 - 07:13 PM

View Postmathieu, on 15 January 2015 - 06:02 PM, said:

something cool i saw long ago and only remembered it was there, some details when a server is full

!totallyguessing!
I might be wrong, but I think that as it is, you don't receive that timer information until you are connected. Wild guess: The info would have to be added to the things sent to you by the Masterserver; but still, I'd like to see that.

#95 User is offline   Biddle Icon

• Account: biddle
  • Main tag: fr.

Posted 23 January 2015 - 08:05 PM

View Postmathieu, on 15 January 2015 - 06:02 PM, said:

We'll see what can be done for 4.3 :)

View Postkillspree, on 23 January 2015 - 04:46 PM, said:

i do think c for crouch is totaly unusable i alway's use q for crouch e for sprint rest i leave standard i gues you guy's do this on purpose so you can pwn noobs more efective because you prob think wasd is for sheep only would be nice if you guy's keep in mind that the Noob is your life line since most players are noob on a daily basis i think q is a more logical crouch button because have you ever trierd holding forward and e and then tried a few walljumps then sliding whit c as crouch this is nearly impossible to do.

also it would be nice if there would be a system hardware detection in the game that detects your best hardware settings because how it stands the noob players has the worst possible set iup from the get go.

We are going to be reviewing the default settings for 4.3. However the e for sprint and c for crouch are there since the very start of urt (kill me if I'm wrong :p) and I got to say a lot of the players are used to that key combination. To be honnest if I am even myself able to walljump and chain with a powerslide with these keys every other player should be able to do it! The keys might not be in the line with nowadays trends and might not be ideal for new players, so we'll give it a look.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#97 User is offline   Biddle Icon

• Account: biddle
  • Main tag: fr.

Posted 23 January 2015 - 09:53 PM

View PostBladeKiller, on 23 January 2015 - 09:29 PM, said:

I've never understood the default WASD. I'm a touch typist so to me the logical one is SDFC. I find it easier to press the C for reverse than the W for forward so have always reconfigured my keys. I use the space bar for crouch and my right mouse button for jump. E is my use key (E for Enter). The defaults weren't based on me. LOL

OMG, and thank god they wern't haha!

#98 User is offline   karnute Icon

•   community dev   
  • Account: karnute

Posted 24 January 2015 - 12:53 AM

View PostBladeKiller, on 23 January 2015 - 09:29 PM, said:

I've never understood the default WASD. I'm a touch typist so to me the logical one is SDFC. I find it easier to press the C for reverse than the W for forward so have always reconfigured my keys. I use the space bar for crouch and my right mouse button for jump. E is my use key (E for Enter). The defaults weren't based on me. LOL

Uhm, I suppose it depends on the layout of your keyboard and the lateral displacement of the first and second rows of letters in it, and of course on which fingers are used for each movement.
In WASD, forward (W) and backward (S) are pressed with the middle finger (the longest), but in SDFC are you using F=forward and C=backward and both pressed with index finger? or else I cannot imagine how it could be otherwise...

By the way, I am curious of other ways to arrange keys in UrT. Maybe it could be interesting a survey about which letters and with which fingers do people play, at least for the principal actions (forward, backward, left, right, jump, crouch, sprint, fire, zoom, use/doors, medic, reload, ...).

#99 User is offline   beautifulNihilist Icon

•   verified user   

Posted 24 January 2015 - 07:16 AM

I use ESDF

Giving Q,A,Z, left ALT, and a remapped left windows button (scroll lock) to my 4th and 5th digits is important.
My pinky has only 2 options at WASD and 6 including X at ESDF. You'd be surprised what I can accomplish with my pinky.

#100 User is offline   Fredrik Icon

•   verified donor   
  • Account: fredrik

Posted 24 January 2015 - 08:43 AM

I find crouch jumping difficult with C and space, crouch jumping is used to lower the model to get through doors/not hit roof.

E as sprint makes it hard to hold down R to reaload spas when circle jumping. Also pressing D (right strafe) for wall jumps without having to turn or slightly changing the direction when circle jumping.

• ctrl and E = crouch. E when crouch jumping, ctrl for power slides.
  • sprint = shift
  • drop flag = G
  • drop weapon = TAB (show scores = HOME, checking scores is useless and can be a distraction)
  • drop kevlar = F
  • drop medkit = V
  • use item = T
  • open doors = scroll UP and alt
  • Walk/run toggle = X
  • reload = R and mouse5
  • weapon mode = B
  • healing = Q
  • minimap toggle = unbinded (why would you turn off the minimap?)

I don't know how ideal this is for others, it is what works for me.

• (17 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942