• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

making a skybox...wow Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   Shminkyboy Icon

•   former FS member   
    Mapper
  • Account: shminkyboy

Posted 16 March 2005 - 05:30 PM

add texure folder names to shaderlist.txt (not the path, just the foldername)

add shader file names to shaderlist.txt (without the .shader part)

#13 User is offline   codey (old) Icon

• Locationrepublic.stockholm.se

Posted 13 April 2005 - 09:36 AM

If you don't want the sky box to influence the colour of the light in the map at all then do not use an editor image and just put on the "shader missing" texture that is the same name as the skybox. This will still call the shader but won't influence the light's colour.

Even better is controlling the ambient light from the sky with this keyword in the skybox shader:

q3map_lightRGB 0.784 0.816 1

The values here yield the slightly blue ambience on Oildepot. They are in a 0 - 1 scale just like the Radiant lights or q3map_sun / q3map_sunExt.

With this you can still have a image on the skyboxes in Radiant instead of the shader image missing icon.

cheers

#14 User is offline   Shminkyboy Icon

•   former FS member   
    Mapper
  • Account: shminkyboy

Posted 14 April 2005 - 03:10 PM

or just use

q3map_lightImage textures/ut_mapname/color.tga

in your skybox shader, where the color.tga image is the color that you want the light to be when the -light phase happens and be done with it.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 Guest_luniaq

Posted 18 April 2005 - 03:37 PM

jepp tell me about it! :wink:

#17 User is offline   ZELLIS Icon

• Account: zellis
  • Main tag: FSK405|

Posted 23 April 2005 - 04:04 AM

hey guys... thanks for all the good info here, jut as an update my original post , i was having problems getting any sky box to work, well after alot of time learning the structure of the shader files, i figured out the sky_box pak i downloaded and was trying to access was not setup correctly for me. after tweeking the shader file to point to the correct image files all my problems were fixed. but it rased new questions for me. example: in radiant under textures, there a hundreds of brushes under different directories. for sake of argument, lets just say i find a brush i want to use but i want to edit the image slightly and the image is located in the path "LOADED: textures/jeffj/stonewall4". my question is how can i find the jeffj directory to find the stonewall4.tga? ive opened countless pk3 files in my q3ut directory looking for this jeffj, but nothing. any ideas?

thanks.

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942