Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

UrT Lan tournament Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   shoushou Icon

• Account: shoushou

Posted 28 November 2014 - 09:25 PM

Hi people,

The game might not be in best shape for my proposition, but that's an opportunity we just recieve and I come to you in order to know if anybody as both the will and the possibility to make it.

Just a bit of background first : one year ago, fk team joined aera eSport structure. A month ago, that structure won the Shootmania ESWC tournament, and gained visibility from some others eSports structure. We were contacted by a Lan organisator team that noticed aera had a UrT squad. As they were interested to have some minor tournament on the side of their lan, I was asked to details in order to know if that project was doable. And I meet this guy this weekend. By that time, I have to know how many teams I can resonably have for such a tournament.

So here are the details (some of them are approximatives) :
- The date is not known yet, but it will be during a weekend, probably early 2015. The localisation is Velizy, it's near Paris (about 30 minutes from Paris by car, 45 minutes in groups transports).
- Like most of the LAN, it's a BYOC (Bring your own computer), so yeah, people must bring their computer.
- It's a tournament LAN, meaning you can go with 2 friends and play, you must signup with a team of at least 5 players. I don't have any infos about the price, but like all the lan of that shape, it should be between 20-40 euros per person.
- There will be some cashprize, the amount will depend of the number of teams.
- Cheaters will be allowed to participate. Not like i like that, but it was a question I was asked on urt.fr forums. Players banned from competitions websites or urt.info get legit operation will be allowed to participate. Cheats won't be allowed on LAN ofc.

As I said, I know the game is dying, and this LAN would have been way better if it was organized 2 years ago. That being said, that might be the only opportuny we'll had to have a urt tournament on lan. And more than that, if we leave a good impression to the lan organizers, we can also imagine some others tournament when the UrT HD game will be out. That's just an opportunity that was unexpected, and it will be the only one we'll have.

So, what do I expect from you ? Of course, I can't expect anyone to say « Yeah, I'm gonna come from sure » without giving any date. What I expect is teams leaders talking to their players and ask them not only if they want to come, but also if they CAN come (meaning transport the PC, havin money for it and stuff). The last urt.fr was cancelled because people signed up and cancelled at the last moment, I can't let that happen with the credibility on my organisation on the line. So please, do it properly, ask your players, ask them now and fast, and come back to me to know if you want to go.

I'm meeting the lan organisers this weekend, I need to know a realistic numbers of teams that will participate before that moment.

Shoushou

#2 User is offline   shoushou Icon

• Account: shoushou

Posted 07 December 2014 - 12:29 PM

Got some news :
The Lan will take place in late February or at the beginning of March.
The entrance price should be at max 20 euros by player, or 5 euros for non-playing persons who would like to live the hype.

#3 User is offline   Biddle Icon

• Account: biddle
  • Main tag: fr.

Posted 07 December 2014 - 01:48 PM

Great! Keep us tuned when you get the final infos!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942