Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What is hapenning? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   seeth Icon

• Account: seeth

Posted 04 January 2015 - 02:44 AM

Okay so I actually didn't want to make this thread since it's not so much good publicity and this has probably been said so many times you're probably sick of hearing this, but there is actual real concern from my part regarding this game.
It's pretty obvious that in the past couple of years the number of players was about 2,3 or 4 times larger than it is now. I remember using that little option on the menu that enables you to find friends, and I remember it took a while to search because it was searching through about 900 or so people. Nowadays if you do the same thing, you'd be surprised the number is about 1/10 of what it used to be.
I do respect you guys though. You have been up and running for the past, what, 13 years or so? What's even more amazing is how this is all absolutely non profit. You guys clearly shared a dream of making this game successful and you've done it in the past and I seriously hope this is just a bad phase and one day it will come back to being what it was but I am honestly really worried. Urban Terror is probably the game I have spent the most time playing. For a comparison, I have played FIFA 14 for the past year before FIFA 15 came out and in total I played for about 350-ish hours. I cannot even begin to imagine the thousands of hours I have spent in this game. Hours well spent they were, though and I really hope that you recover from this position. It would make me proud to see this game as it was once before.

As I have stated, you probably don't like hearing this but I just couldn't help it. Was something I needed to get off my chest. Also, regarding the UrT HD development. I know you guys are messing around with a new engine and as far as I know that is going to limit how you can freely play around with things like for example, walljumps and stuff. I'm worried that it won't be the same as it is now. The movement in this game is probably what made me play this in the first place. I will never have as much fun jumping around in a game as I have had and will continue to have with this one. So I hope, and deep down I know that you will do your best to bring the crowd what it desires, as you have done so far. Just wanted to remind you of how important it is to remain true to your roots.

Long thread and this probably made very few sense but I felt like I needed to say this. Also, don't give up on this game.

Take care.

#2 User is offline   Fragtag Icon

• Account: fragtag

Posted 04 January 2015 - 11:39 AM

TLDR

#5 User is offline   OlGood Icon

• Account: olgood

Posted 05 January 2015 - 03:57 PM

Could you please explain what you mean by faster? Do you mean technically faster movements, action? Faster engine/processing? Or something more figurative I didn't get?

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   seeth Icon

• Account: seeth

Posted 05 January 2015 - 09:04 PM

View PostFragtag, on 04 January 2015 - 11:39 AM, said:

TLDR

Are you just simply dumb or do you not understand that I was actually expecting serious answers? Your post was worthless, I think you'd look better by not even posting at all.

View PostMr.Yeah, on 04 January 2015 - 03:08 PM, said:

Oh look, it's a dev blog!
http://www.urbanterr...sics-walljumps/

Oh look, it's an official statement!
[/size]

I am aware that the team will be doing its best to replicate the game in HD. That was not the point of this topic, i was just trying to remind you how important it is to make sure that the HD version has the same feel to it, or atleast a feel that is pretty similar. Out of all that I said it's surprising how this was the only thing you managed to talk about.

View PostFrankie V, on 05 January 2015 - 07:45 AM, said:

Well not so much messing around as we are opening a bunch of boxes and figuring out how all the parts goes together. My impression is yes HD is going to be different as change by definition means different but if an opinion matters HD is going to be faster and more linear in game play as every time I go back to playing UrT/idtech3 I feel like I'm playing in mud. No question HD will be faster but still outstanding as a question is should we slow it down to UrT/idtech3 speed?

As an opportunity though feel free, maybe stealing from another game, what you think it sould be like and I'll be more than happy to tell you if it can be done or not.

I like the sound of that to be honest. One of the reasons I don't play games like Counter Strike is because that game is just so slow it gets boring. Atleast for me though. I do think that the way you move in this game is pretty original so I'm happy to hear that you will be doing your best to replicate this game in the next version. Regarding your question if you should make it faster or slower, well it depends on how fast you're talking. Maybe a public beta for people to test it out would help at some point in the future. But I did remember seeing a video on youtube of the HD version and it seemed like sprinting was a little bit too fast. Everything else seemed normal though
As for suggestions, well, I think that the game itself as it is right now is really good and I would play it for as long as I need to without getting bored. Obviously the fact that you're working on implementing better graphics is exciting though, so I'm looking forward to that. One thing that I always thought of was having a friends list ingame itself, so you could chat and invite people into servers etc? It's probably not a good idea and not even needed but I still think it would be pretty interesting. I do remember playing a game from Ubisoft which was free, called Ghost Recon Online, it was a few years back, but it was such a user friendly game and so aesthetically pleasing (regarding the way that menus worked and so on) and that itself made the game that much more fun. I also remember you could create clans ingame and invite people into that clan without even having to rely on going to a website to do it. Again, I don't know if it's a good idea but it's something I always thought about, but then again, it's probably something that isn't really needed since we have other means to do all that stuff, for instances, using Urban Zone's website or even this one. Regarding the game itself, I think aesthetics play a huge role in attracting new people, but I trust that you already know what to do in that department.

This post has been edited by seeth: 05 January 2015 - 09:09 PM

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.urbanterror.info/members/donate/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942