Urban Terror Forums: [Feature Request] Jump Map Objectives - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[Feature Request] Jump Map Objectives

#1 User is offline   KroniK Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: kronik

Posted 28 January 2015 - 08:36 AM

Hey,

Yet another idea I had which I just HAD to put into a post.

I think this was sort of already an Idea from the old HD alpha build with the old engine, but I would really like to see objectives added to the jump mode.

For those of us who can fly through a jump map, a timer for timed runs and a way to view our best runs is an awesome implementation and I really enjoy that it was added to UrT 4.2

However, with the new awesome capabilities of the UE4 engine, I would like to see the ability to add collectable objectives to a jump map.

Now here is how I currently see this working in my head:

The new UrT HD would have the equivalent of a new "Entity" for objectives. This entity would allow the map maker to choose a NAME, and an ICON for this entity. Now this entity would be a collectable by UrT players, and would be able to be seen on the "Stats" screen I described in another post. This would allow map makers to create hard to reach places and allow users to get some form of achievement for being able to get to a certain place in the map. I would probably want this entity to have a fixed model of some sort that way map makers don't make invisible objectives which are impossible to find.

Anyway, I wanted to express this idea of giving jumpers objectives to collect on each map. I think it would help allow players to feel accomplished for getting to the hard to reach platforms and allow them to brag to their friends etc. However this would be pretty useless without having some way to view all the objectives collected from each map. So for this to work out properly, there would definitely need to be some sort of "Stats" screen involved.

#2 User is offline   AnonDafb Icon

• Account: anondafb
  • Main tag: <

Posted 28 January 2015 - 05:35 PM

View PostKroniK, on 28 January 2015 - 08:36 AM, said:

This would allow map makers to create hard to reach places and allow users to get some form of achievement for being able to get to a certain place in the map.

Yeah it's good, but that idea than I copy in the quote, don't like me much. I thing it's exaggerated...only the maps finished like in urtjumpers and best times, for the menu "Statistics".

This post has been edited by AnonDafb: 28 January 2015 - 05:35 PM

#3 User is offline   klabauterman Icon

• Account: klabauterman
  • Main tag: aI|

Posted 28 January 2015 - 06:00 PM

It actually was implemented in the Alpha (get it here from Urban Zone)

Tohunga has such entities. Use g_gametype 9 to see - Delirium distributed a good deal of collectable thingies in high up places...

#5 User is offline   KroniK Icon

•   QA member   

Posted 29 January 2015 - 12:49 AM

View PostBladeKiller, on 28 January 2015 - 07:42 PM, said:

We still like this idea for jump mode. We also like the idea of a jump mode with shootable targets.

Jump mode with shoot-able targets is already a thing. ut4_simoncedicy is a great example of this. However most don't like this map, and I'm not totally sure why.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   KroniK Icon

•   QA member   

Posted 29 January 2015 - 12:52 AM

View PostAnonDafb, on 28 January 2015 - 05:35 PM, said:

Yeah it's good, but that idea than I copy in the quote, don't like me much. I thing it's exaggerated...only the maps finished like in urtjumpers and best times, for the menu "Statistics".

This would be stored on the local machine, and would allow any map maker to create objectives. The stats screen would have to be tied to the currently downloaded jump maps. As a programmer I know that this type of thing would not be extremely difficult to pull off.

#7 User is offline   AnonDafb Icon

Posted 29 January 2015 - 02:50 AM

View PostKroniK, on 29 January 2015 - 12:52 AM, said:

This would be stored on the local machine, and would allow any map maker to create objectives. The stats screen would have to be tied to the currently downloaded jump maps. As a programmer I know that this type of thing would not be extremely difficult to pull off.

Ye, ik than is possible make that. but the idea of "This would allow map makers to create hard to reach places and allow users to get some form of achievement for being able to get to a certain place in the map". don't like much :P...but the other idea is good of the stats for headshots and the new menu "Statistics" (y) ;)

#8 User is offline   KroniK Icon

•   QA member   

Posted 29 January 2015 - 03:01 AM

View PostAnonDafb, on 29 January 2015 - 02:50 AM, said:

Ye, ik than is possible make that. but the idea of "This would allow map makers to create hard to reach places and allow users to get some form of achievement for being able to get to a certain place in the map". don't like much :P...but the other idea is good of the stats for headshots and the new menu "Statistics" (y) ;)

Are you a jumper?? What makes this a bad Idea for jump maps? Do you just not want map makers to make things difficult? I don't understand why you have a problem with this.

#9 User is offline   AnonDafb Icon

Posted 29 January 2015 - 03:13 AM

View PostKroniK, on 29 January 2015 - 03:01 AM, said:

Are you a jumper?? What makes this a bad Idea for jump maps? Do you just not want map makers to make things difficult? I don't understand why you have a problem with this.

I don't have problem with this :v
I only say than don't like me much that idea...but if we go to work for make that, I don't have no one problem with that ;)...and I know than the mappers can do it easy :D

This post has been edited by AnonDafb: 29 January 2015 - 03:15 AM

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942