Guns, Damage, Accuracy Rate Topic: -----

Improvement

#11 User is online   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 16 March 2015 - 05:59 PM

View PostFredrik, on 15 March 2015 - 11:17 PM, said:

You look at stats to see which areas you can improve on.

The problem with this is that there is much more into this (and other shooters/games) than you can tell from statistics. Like covering your team. how is the game supposed to know i am holding right the angle i need to at right the time i need to. and how is it supposed to know that i e.g. do the perfect movement (this includes walljumps and stuff in UrT) at the right time?

It can tell me my overall KD. but seriously: how to improve that? Do more kills. That is a) obvious, and b) probably wont get your KD way higher, since you average out at a KD at a point. Or at least the rate at which your KD rate imporves goes to zero.

View PostLexx, on 16 March 2015 - 02:55 AM, said:

Possibly levels of guns / health / damage etc could be introduced with methods of adminastration restrictions possibly... x

like CoD? if so. go play CoD. simple as that. UrT has everything available at any time, even without an account. and its a great feature.
If you meant something else, please explain further :)
Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

#12 User is offline   KarlMariaSeeberg Icon

Posted 17 March 2015 - 04:38 AM

View PostLexx, on 16 March 2015 - 03:19 PM, said:

I'd rather kill myself.

well, that's where ergotherapy might help ypu after all..

seriously though: get yourself killed a few more times :) and you'll might appreciate what urt is about, if you don't get the hang of it you might just leave and never come back but death is usually not involved in the process...
if you don't like uptown, you are basically hating urban terror.

#13 User is offline   LEXX Icon

• Account: lexx

Posted 17 March 2015 - 11:39 PM

View PostKarlMariaSeeberg, on 17 March 2015 - 04:38 AM, said:

well, that's where ergotherapy might help ypu after all..

seriously though: get yourself killed a few more times :) and you'll might appreciate what urt is

I notice there is no Medkit stats / health restored stats / healing stats either, maybe room for improvement.

View PostIye, on 16 March 2015 - 05:59 PM, said:

(and other shooters/games)

I enjoy playing Urban Terror and would love to see the HD version released and playable, coming out with better stuff, stats, guns, health, tracking etc

#14 User is online   Iye Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: iye

Posted 18 March 2015 - 03:03 PM

View PostLexx, on 17 March 2015 - 11:39 PM, said:

I notice there is no Medkit stats / health restored stats / healing stats either, maybe room for improvement.

Probably not within the 4.x era. simply because the UI scripting sucks.

View PostLexx, on 17 March 2015 - 11:39 PM, said:

I enjoy playing Urban Terror and would love to see the HD version released and playable, coming out with better stuff, stats, guns, health, tracking etc

It will. you didnt get my point though. (at least i think so.) screw stats. - i must admit i do rageuit quite often though. :wacko: :mad:
Sorry for my bad spelling - I am still asleep. :)

|=| Iye's UrT Addon |=| Firefox Personas |=| Maps |=|
http://www.mediafire...vk3a602hcfg.jpg

#15 User is offline   Fredrik Icon

•   verified donor   
  • Account: fredrik

Posted 18 March 2015 - 04:36 PM

Well luckily Frankie seems in on the idea of stats and how he imagined it is close to perfect.

View PostFrankie V, on 08 February 2015 - 07:34 AM, said:

Granted it takes a bit of imagination but if one has ever run their own site they know that there is a ton of data that can be gathered that actually means something. To put it into content as to the value of stats the game of baseball comes to mind that the game it's self is only of value in the moment but the moment the game is over the player collect their stats that goes with them from game to game or even from team to team.

You can tell if a player is good based on numbers that are of value in combination with one another.

You can tell if a player is reallllyyyy good even if they have a off day or even tell if they are an offensive or defensive player even if their batting average is in the tank.

Better still. Stats of worth could be pushed into the game directly by giving the player the ability to edit their player card to register the kind of player they are This way at a glance a player can tell how many offensive or defensive players are on a team and since its all in game the player can update if say there is to many defensive players stats.

The lots of good stuff can be done once you can push and pull in game but the big thing here is the stats stays with the player and better still the community can decided what stats are of value, just like a baseball player.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#17 User is offline   shoushou Icon

• Account: shoushou

Posted 19 March 2015 - 11:11 AM

Well, you can’t see a progression on stats, for the simple raison that every stats depends on the level of the opponent you are facing. But Urban Terror is not different that most of FPS game : the better you aim, the better player you are. Of course, it’s not the only part you can improve. But that’s without a doubt the most important, by far. There was a player at a time, Ralv, who was not able to do a proper circle/slide, but the guy is one of the Top10 players in the UrT history because he had a crazy aim. Once you know the movements basics, without necessary being good with it, the difference on players levels is based on their aim capacity, nothing else. Because at the end, killing your opponent is a must.

On the other hand, there is not really a way to see your own improvement if you don’t play any kind of competition.

That was to answer the first post. For the rest of the conversation, about stats in general :

I agree KD ratio isn’t something usefull. I mean, if we suppose you face people with the same skill every time you play, an improved KD ratio would mean that you get better. But a high KD ratio just mean you play better than your opponent when a low KD ratio mean your opponent play better. But as the level of opponent you face isn’t the same every time you play, a change in KD ratio doesn’t mean much. As exemple, I’ve been playing top competitions for about 2 years : my ratio in competition matchs is 0.85. When I warmup in randoms TDM servers, my ratio is between 3 and 5. Your ratio depends of your opponents, so it’s not really a sign of anything in your situation.

If you’re curious, I created some times ago a stats website about UrT competitions, directly inspired from HLTV CS:GO stats sections : http://shourt.fr/Base.php

#18 User is offline   Lochverstaerker Icon

•   QA member   

Posted 19 March 2015 - 06:50 PM

If you really wanted to track your overall improvement/skill, Urban Terror would have to have some kind of ladder + matchmaking system, so yeah, at the moment you have to rely on self-evaluation (or just don't care about improvement and just play for fun...).

This post has been edited by Lochverstaerker: 19 March 2015 - 06:51 PM

#19 User is offline   shoushou Icon

• Account: shoushou

Posted 20 March 2015 - 12:33 PM

Well, tracking improvement of your level can be done when you face players who are in the same spirit, who care about results as well. On the other hand, people have that tendency to care only about the higher level they play, if they care. A player who care about improvement but play only in publics servers will care about his performance in publics servers, when, at the same time, a player who do play online competition will care about his performance in online competitions and won't about his publics servers performances. If there were LAN competitions in CS, lan players won't care about online performance. That's how it is : people generally only care, if they do, on the highest level the play. Right now in UrT, the highest level you have is online competitions. Thus, if you want to evaluate/track your progress, competitions are the way to do it. There are also the fastest way to progress, because the stronger your opponent is, the fastest you progress, and the strongest opponent you can find are in competitions.

#20 User is offline   LEXX Icon

• Account: lexx

Posted 25 March 2015 - 07:38 PM

View PostYAY5637, on 16 March 2015 - 05:11 PM, said:

Why cant you improve?

Stat thiefs, spies, experience thieft, cheetahs, Bio-Logical weapons, etc.

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942