• Account: rastablaster

Posted 24 January 2016 - 07:22 PM

Great job Zenity. Wall running looks very promising :biggrin:

#33 User is offline   beautifulNihilist Icon

•   verified user   

Posted 24 January 2016 - 07:57 PM

Solitary's concern was my main:
STAMINA USE.
As far as I feel right now we can add a thousand "easier" ways to do complicated tasks, but their stamina costs should be much greater to balance. You can only take the easy road so far.
It was the bunnyhopping and wallrunning endlessly as well as the overall bottomless stamina that was bothering me.

From the video it looked quite a bit like the wallrunning was the scripted style we are trying to avoid. I was not seeing the Quake physics and I'd have to really play with it to form an opinion.
Nounou definitely took most of that concern away.

Zenity really seems to value and grasp the same passion I have for Urban Terror, and I get excited every time there's a post now.

When you said
"I appreciate the irony that Urban Terror on Unreal Engine could well become more Quake-like than it ever was on the actual Quake engine."
This is exactly what I want to hear.

#34 User is offline   commander Icon

• Account: commander

Posted 24 January 2016 - 08:42 PM

Im against wallrunning

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#36 User is offline   commander Icon

• Account: commander

Posted 24 January 2016 - 08:50 PM

Well, this could work. We see how its balancing is :)
So far very good job ! I'm still hyped for UrT HD O.o *_*

#37 User is offline   Seycara Icon

• Account: seycara

Posted 24 January 2016 - 09:16 PM

Vaulting and wall jumping will definitely be welcome game changers. And I agree with what everyone has said so far, these special movements should have associated stamina consumption.

#38 User is offline   docDude Icon

• Account: docdude
  • Main tag: =jF=

Posted 25 January 2016 - 12:53 PM

First of all I'm pleasantly surprised. Music was horrible, though.

On topic:

• I have no idea what vaulting is supposed to be. ELI5 please.
  • Ramps. Can you surf them like in CS? I'm sure there's a implementation for CS surf mechanics for Unreal HD? I'd rather surf than have weird-ass icy jumping tbh.
  • The QW/CPM-like air control is cool. But I feel like - if anything - this should a be different rule set. (Compare VQ3 vs. CPMA)
  • Wall running. This one seems controversial. While I played the latest CoDs and Titanfall, my first reaction was "suddenly Mirror's Edge". And while I like Mirror's Edge, I'm really on the fence when it comes to an UrT version of WRing. I obviously haven't played HD yet... but I think that it would feel rather clunky in combination with especially wall jumping. Like entering a wall run on accident instead of just wall jumping. Those kinda things.

Also: The Casa part. While I can believe that the proportions are mathematically correctly transferred from Quake UrT, it looks like they're broken. Same with the wall jumps on Turnpike in one of your previous videos. Maps seem too small... and I don't think that that's because of the FOV.

Anyways: Great work so far. This is the first time I'm actually looking forward to playing UrT HD. Keep up the good work, fam

This post has been edited by docDude: 25 January 2016 - 01:05 PM

My ambition is handicapped by my laziness.

#39 User is offline   KarlMariaSeeberg Icon

Posted 25 January 2016 - 01:15 PM

good to see urt style movement, bunny hopping kind of looks weird though and i really am against adding wallruns, kind of dumbs down the parcour part.

mastering walljumps was part of the high skill ceiling, wallrunning seems to work too seamlessly as far as i can tell based on the video.

why not stick to walljumps?
if you don't like uptown, you are basically hating urban terror.

#40 User is offline   rYuuJiN Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: ryuujin

Posted 25 January 2016 - 01:41 PM

I'm HYPED.
a thing of beauty is a joy

• (10 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942