Urban Terror Forums: [Solved]No servers from master server list? - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (5 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[Solved]No servers from master server list? Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

Problem, server, master

#31 User is offline   Magister Icon

• Account: magister

Posted 03 December 2016 - 10:39 PM

View PostVitao84, on 02 December 2016 - 10:49 PM, said:

anymore suggestions of tests so I can try?

Hey Vitao84, I just read back through this thread and I didn't see a mention of the secondary list server. I use an autoexec.cfg and this is the line to set it:

seta cl_master "master2.urbanterror.info" 

I think you can just type that in the ~ drop down console and that works also.

This post has been edited by Magister: 03 December 2016 - 10:40 PM

#32 User is offline   Vitao84 Icon

• Account: vitao84

Posted 04 December 2016 - 01:59 AM

View PostMagister, on 03 December 2016 - 10:39 PM, said:

Hey Vitao84, I just read back through this thread and I didn't see a mention of the secondary list server. I use an autoexec.cfg and this is the line to set it:

seta cl_master "master2.urbanterror.info" 

I think you can just type that in the ~ drop down console and that works also.

Already tried that and the same problem.. In fact, I did tried with all the servers possible to master server and the same problem every single test.

:(

Im considering to stop playing urt.. :(

#33 User is offline   Magister Icon

Posted 04 December 2016 - 02:32 AM

Well I have a couple suggestions and there is a reason for this behavior so we can solve it.

After you verified that the problem was reproducible with a true clean re-install, I was having the same idea as Iye which is that the next step is to basically try another computer environment in your network or try taking your computer to another network location. And I see that you did this but I want to suggest it's possible that your friend could not see the list for another reason, since that is not uncommon for newcomers to set an incorrect filter or make another mistake that causes the list to fail to populate. So, at the least you would be able to have more certainty if you could personally verify a clean proper install to a system outside your network, and potentially you could actually disprove your prior conclusion that it didn't change the reproducibility of the problem.

Another idea is to also consider trying with a different operating system as a temporary test. For example you could boot linux mint from a usb thumb drive, mount the hard drive that has Urban Terror (probably the "C" volume in Windows), and run the linux executable. If the master list does not show up, at least you know the problem is not something with the Windows environment.

This post has been edited by Magister: 04 December 2016 - 02:34 AM

#34 User is offline   Vitao84 Icon

Posted 04 December 2016 - 02:38 AM

View PostMagister, on 04 December 2016 - 02:32 AM, said:

Well I have a couple suggestions and there is a reason for this behavior so we can solve it.

After you verified that the problem was reproducible with a true clean re-install, I was having the same idea as Iye which is that the next step is to basically try another computer environment in your network or try taking your computer to another network location. And I see that you did this but I want to suggest it's possible that your friend could not see the list for another reason, since that is not uncommon for newcomers to set an incorrect filter or make another mistake that causes the list to fail to populate. So, at the least you would be able to have more certainty if you could personally verify a clean proper install to a system outside your network, and potentially you could actually disprove your prior conclusion that it didn't change the reproducibility of the problem.

Another idea is to also consider trying with a different operating system as a temporary test. For example you could boot linux mint from a usb thumb drive, mount the hard drive that has Urban Terror (probably the "C" volume in Windows), and run the linux executable. If the master list does not show up, at least you know the problem is not something with the Windows environment.

About the friend thing (in my case, my neighbor), I checked with him the sets for the initial gui of the game. All configured right and still the same problem. The same problem in my machine in another internet connection / ISP (did this try some minutes ago but I did this test with wireless network / my neighbor wifi network, and he has other company providing his internet).

Tried with my Ubuntu 16.04.1 (I have dual boot here) and still the same problem. Did this test, in ubuntu, with the wifi connection too and the same problem.

:(

#35 User is offline   Magister Icon

Posted 04 December 2016 - 02:44 AM

Hm, could it be regional since your neighbor also has this problem? Can you connect through a vpn to another country like the United States, Canada, France?

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#36 User is offline   Vitao84 Icon

Posted 04 December 2016 - 03:20 AM

View PostMagister, on 04 December 2016 - 02:44 AM, said:

Hm, could it be regional since your neighbor also has this problem? Can you connect through a vpn to another country like the United States, Canada, France?

I cant. I dont have an free vpn service to try it out, but this kind of test FS could perform, right?

Just got an whatsapp from another friend relating his situation and he claim that he can update the serer list. He is from Brazil too, same state but another city. The same ISP as myself, but connected from another city. I dont if this can be related in any way..

#37 User is offline   Magister Icon

Posted 04 December 2016 - 03:40 AM

For the friends/neighbors with a different ISP that also could not get server lists, do you know if they use the same type of modem/router as you? And, for the whatsapp friend who can get a server list, does he have a same or different modem/router as you? I am only wondering if maybe it is a common firewall configuration or other common network configuration between the cases that cannot receive a server list.

This is such an investigation; I'm surprised :)

This post has been edited by Magister: 04 December 2016 - 03:42 AM

#38 User is offline   Vitao84 Icon

Posted 04 December 2016 - 04:30 AM

View PostMagister, on 04 December 2016 - 03:40 AM, said:

For the friends/neighbors with a different ISP that also could not get server lists, do you know if they use the same type of modem/router as you? And, for the whatsapp friend who can get a server list, does he have a same or different modem/router as you? I am only wondering if maybe it is a common firewall configuration or other common network configuration between the cases that cannot receive a server list.

This is such an investigation; I'm surprised :)

I dont know the model of router used by them but I guess atleast one is different then mine. I dont think its related to firewall or somethng like it, as stated before. There is no firewall configured (well, its off for now atleast) on router side, on modem side and on my computer side.

Maybe somekind of ban from FS on my ip range? I dont know what else could be. Im lost..

The thing is: Everything was working until it was not and nothing changed on router/modem/os/firewall/configuration/updates/gameconfigs/pc config/ hardware components/network cables/etc..

#39 User is offline   Magister Icon

Posted 04 December 2016 - 05:08 AM

View PostVitao84, on 04 December 2016 - 04:30 AM, said:

The thing is: Everything was working until it was not and nothing changed on router/modem/os/firewall/configuration/updates/gameconfigs/pc config/ hardware components/network cables/etc..

Why not give your home computer system a free openvpn connection to a totally different region? Since it seems everything else has been excluded, isn't this a logical way to continue testing?
Maybe someone can suggest a free vpn service...I did a simple search and this was the first result for 'free openvpn': https://www.vpnbook.com/

#40 User is offline   Vitao84 Icon

Posted 04 December 2016 - 03:48 PM

I checked the site...

Well, sorry but Ill not install any kind of VPN on my computer.

Lets wait for FS to bring some informations about this problem, or any other forms of testing..

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942