Urban Terror Forums: Antiwarp tweaking (27, this should be good) - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Antiwarp tweaking (27, this should be good)

#21 User is offline   L3mMinG (old) Icon

Posted 15 May 2004 - 08:58 PM

Well so it should be, but unfortunately with antiwarp you can't walk sideways at any reasonable rate, and sneaking slowly get near impossible sometimes. This all with ping around 40 while some sr8 campershmuck is happily peek-a-boo'ing everyone with ping 180 and no antiwarp problems as well. If you call this fair be my guest but it's messed up :/

I know cause when I play on usa servers at night with ping 180 it seems I can't miss with sr8 and I only rarely get a black marker on the netgraph as opposed to europe where it's &(%#(&%@

#22 User is offline   Blade (old) Icon

• LocationThe Netherlands.

Posted 15 May 2004 - 10:36 PM

[quote name='"Aarsbuds0r"]Well if you get problems with antiwarp you apparently warped' date=' even if only for a small time. Or am I wrong?? :?:[/quote']

yes you are :)

#23 User is offline   L3mMinG (old) Icon

Posted 18 May 2004 - 10:46 PM

Well the problem with antiwarp for us belgian players is obviously hardware related. Recently got my old cable modem replaced by a new one using the docsis protocol (as opposed to older CDLP), and I can play even in peak hours on servers without seeing nearly any black stripes on the lagometer. Guess the motorola cybersurfer modem is outdated now.

btw, did you change something to antiwarp code at all ? since 3.5 I seemed to be less hindered by it with my old modem.

#24 User is offline   Aarsbuds0r (old) Icon

• LocationNetherlands, The

Posted 18 May 2004 - 10:48 PM

Ye, they started using doubles instead of floats. Dunno if that is causing the improvement.

#25 User is offline   L3mMinG (old) Icon

Posted 19 May 2004 - 03:52 AM

Yea I wondered about those. They said that caused the hit detection to work better or something.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement
  • (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.frozensand.com/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942