Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

UrT won't start on Steam Deck Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Tonyrulez Icon

• Account: tonyrulez

Posted 13 January 2024 - 08:19 PM

Installed Urban Terror on Steam Deck by downloading the whole game via torrent and checked with automatic updater. When starting the game, it stops with the following:

./Quake3-UrT.x86_64: error while loading shared libraries: libSDL-1.2.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Searching with pacman, sdl2 2.26.5-2 is already installed. What should I install?

#3 User is offline   Tonyrulez Icon

Posted 13 January 2024 - 10:44 PM

View Postisopropanol, on 13 January 2024 - 10:19 PM, said:

try:
sudo apt install libsdl1.2debian

Steam Deck uses Arch and stock repo and AUR has no package named libsdl1.2

#5 User is offline   Ahemlockslie Icon

Posted 14 January 2024 - 01:36 PM

I managed to find something that may help. I googled "Steam Deck libSDL-1.2.so.0" and found a Reddit thread suggesting you run "pacman -S lib32-sdl12-compat". Checking the Arch repos verifies that this package should indeed include the file libSDL-1.2.so.0, so it should hopefully sort things out.

You can see the thread I found here: https://www.reddit.c..._on_steam_deck/

And you can see the file list for the package here: https://archlinux.or...2-compat/files/

This post has been edited by Ahemlockslie: 14 January 2024 - 01:37 PM

#6 User is offline   Tonyrulez Icon

Posted 14 January 2024 - 02:13 PM

View PostNeon, on 14 January 2024 - 11:03 AM, said:

There was a guy on our Discord who has it working, he made a YouTube video but is does not show how he installed it.
You could try contacting him via Discord or via YouTube to see if he can provide install instruction help regarding the error you have.
He goes by the name Sputnikski

Thanks, got a quick reply and he is running the Windows executable using Proton 3.7-8. Tried the same and runs flawlessly at 60fps. Since a custom package I install via pacman might get deleted with a SteamOS update, I'm going to stick to this method.

This post has been edited by Tonyrulez: 14 January 2024 - 02:13 PM

#7 User is offline   Ahemlockslie Icon

Posted 14 January 2024 - 02:38 PM

Steam Deck will remove manually installed packages during updates?

EDIT: Verified this myself. The base system is essentially reverted on update, except to the new standard. Changes in a user's home persist, but making that work may complicate things, e.g. needing to update an environment variable so it knows to look for that new library file in the new non-system location, which means tweaking a configuration file in addition to whatever else.

This post has been edited by Ahemlockslie: 14 January 2024 - 04:52 PM

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942