Advertisement
  • (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Sup mappers, I'm just curious. Rate Topic: -----

#11 Guest_KanNabiS

Posted 17 July 2005 - 01:08 PM

YES! Exactly NVS I loved Pointblank only it was just too fricken big! I think that map would naturally accept vehicles as if they were always there! Sands as is right now I think may even be a tad bit too small. So a Sands2 may be in order! :P Wish someone would pick that ball up and run with it.

#12 User is offline   NulL Icon

•   former FS member   
    Level Designer
  • Account: null

Posted 17 July 2005 - 05:26 PM

:shock:

#13 Guest_KanNabiS

Posted 17 July 2005 - 11:04 PM

*nudge nudge Null. :P :twisted: :D/

#14 User is offline   MidgetKiller (old) Icon

• LocationBC, Canada

Posted 18 July 2005 - 01:09 AM

/me dusts off ut_Pointblank

Dude, I was just going to say you should crack that map open again.

And what you guys need to remember, dunno if it was mentioned or not, but the map has to support vehicles. You can't just hack a jeep into uptown or something.

I guess it'll be similar to how BF1942 does it, in the sense that you have vehicle spawn points. We'll just have to see. But as for the map development, it shouldn't change much. Plan it out on paper first, play it out in your head, then start construction. And for christs' sake... beta test the maps for more than a night before releasing it. A public beta is welcome, you'd probably get far more feed back than you would on a private beta. Make the adjustments, then release a 2nd beta or final.

#15 User is offline   Wily Duck Icon

•   mapper   
  • Account: wilyduck

Posted 22 July 2005 - 05:01 AM

pointblank! that map was sweet.... do it!!!!!

wonder what the full vehicle capabilities are. Urban Mech assault anyone? Wait, that's quake4. UrT MX better be crazy fast and fun.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 Guest_KanNabiS

Posted 22 July 2005 - 08:49 PM

I think of it this way. To compromise Urts fast gameplay as it is now would be silly. Sooo... This means as fast as you can strafe jump... like say on ut_village2 without a vest, how u can just fly strafe jumping laps around the map... well the vehicles will hopefully go quite a bit faster than that. However on a huge map it won't feel so fast unless you are sprinting along on foot and a jeep flies by, lol.

And obviously vehicles won't be on any maps we currently play, just too small.

*thought. I notice on ut_Turnpike there is a shitload of map that isn't used (fenced off or incomplete) I wonder if they map do another version where the map is huge to accomadate vehicles? Maybe not, just a thought.

#17 User is offline   blackrayne (old) Icon

Posted 22 July 2005 - 11:07 PM

orr...................................................someone could make one:)

#18 Guest_KanNabiS

Posted 22 July 2005 - 11:09 PM

"Eeexxcellent" :twisted: :P

#19 User is offline   Wily Duck Icon

•   mapper   
  • Account: wilyduck

Posted 23 July 2005 - 03:12 AM

Turnpike and campus are good examples of completely filling the environment with visible architecture. One issue you'll find SID/FS maps is there is contiguous map for all visible points. Oswald is really stringent on making sure SID/FS level designers don't cheap out and leave the map hanging at the skybox. That can be kind of tough... I'm making an attempt to follow that example with the next version of superman. blah blah blah :P

#20 User is offline   Shminkyboy Icon

•   former FS member   
    Mapper
  • Account: shminkyboy

Posted 23 July 2005 - 07:15 AM

I think of it this way. To compromise Urts fast gameplay as it is now would be silly. Sooo... This means as fast as you can strafe jump... like say on ut_village2 without a vest, how u can just fly strafe jumping laps around the map... well the vehicles will hopefully go quite a bit faster than that. However on a huge map it won't feel so fast unless you are sprinting along on foot and a jeep flies by, lol.

And obviously vehicles won't be on any maps we currently play, just too small.

*thought. I notice on ut_Turnpike there is a shitload of map that isn't used (fenced off or incomplete) I wonder if they map do another version where the map is huge to accomadate vehicles? Maybe not, just a thought.

Chances are it won't matter

Vehicles very likeley won't have a 'stamina' restriction like players do.

also, mappers tend to add stuff to the map to avoid "maps that end at the skybox", thats what those "shitload of map that isn't used (fenced off or incomplete)" does, is make the map so it doesn't seem so 'artificial' =)

chances of turnpike(or anything else) being modified for it are also slim imo, I can't see it happening, it just wouldn't make any sense.

The maps were built in the game they were built for, with the features available at the time... Let's face it, shoehorning stuff into maps just doesn't work, building a map that supports the game features however, does... I mean, hell.. look at a commercial games, they NEVER seem to build maps for those that don't match the feature set (at least any game that does well in the commercial market) ;)

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.urbanterror.info/members/donate/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942