Urban Terror Forums: ggs to some, you are llamas to others... - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

ggs to some, you are llamas to others... Rate Topic: -----

#1 Guest_Killah Philah

Posted 26 April 2004 - 08:07 PM

Normally, playin UrT, is so much fun. I play on Hottie's 6th Floor, on the FSK405, and on TexasUT.com servers a lot. Sometimes I feel the desire to join other servers and play, most of the time this is because the aforementioned servers are full. I have a lot of fun on these servers, usually there are good (not meaning skill necesarily) people, fun games, and generally a fun time.

However, there is always a few times that are less than desireable, and this, in no way, reflects on the above mentioned servers. On other servers (which will remain nameless) clans will team up on pub ppl. I suppose if you want to practice some strats, or something like that, maybe this could be useful (ganging up on pubs), but for the most part, it is just plain lame and shows that your clan is pretty weak and your members pretty lame.

I bring this up beause I was on a server a few weeks ago, some clan server, and all the clan members were on the same team, and everyone on the other team was a mix of pubbers and maybe a couple of different clan ppl. Well, the clan team won the map by like 2 caps, and then they decided to brag about how they just owned the other team. All I can say is ROFL. Obviously this clan can't win matches, and therefore must boost their ego by playing against a bunch of people who do not have voice communication, do not play together, and are not organized at all. GG you lame fucks. If they were "praciticing" you would think they might shuffle teams or let ppl know, instead, even when teams were unbalanced, they remained on the same team, bragging about how they owned....well the second point is that they owned a bunch of pubbers by a whole 2 caps....ROFL even more.

Like I said, clans and servers will remain nameless. I just want all the non-clan ppl out there to know that not every clan acts like that. Don't let some llamas with big egos and low self esteem ruin your fun. I left that server and doubt I was missed, and certainly I won't miss it.

I just hope some new ppl don't stumble into these kinds of servers and get a bad impression of clanning and Urt.

#2 User is offline   audioaxes (old) Icon

Posted 26 April 2004 - 08:32 PM

um, sorry to say but i've seen players of one of the servers you mentioned as one that does NOT do that stack up on teams quite often

for the rare times players in my clan actually pub together we usually dont purposely stack teams

i do admit that if there was just one NN member already on the server, ill try to join that team IF the teams and score are even as i like to have someone playing backing me up that isnt just gonna camp around or look like a blind idiot

if somehow we autojoined and found several of ourselves on the same team and there is a slaughter, we usually, [atleast i], try to make the teams even skill-wise for next round

#3 Guest_Killah Philah

Posted 26 April 2004 - 08:36 PM

I will edit my post be more clear that the servers I mention are NOT the ones I criticize. I really like 6th, FSK, and texasUT servers and have not expirienced this on those servers, I thought I would mention them as some of the best servers I play on so people know where to go to have a good UrT time.

PIT Pub is always fun too!!!!!

#4 User is offline   audioaxes (old) Icon

Posted 26 April 2004 - 08:42 PM

ya i understood that from you initial post, and still i see one of those servers stack with their members quite a bit

#5 User is offline   Mort The Insane (old) Icon

• LocationVancouver, B.C., Canada

Posted 26 April 2004 - 09:12 PM

Although sometimes clan members will all join on team on the servers PhillyB mentioned, there are generally enough people in the server to keep that from completely disrupting the teams.

#6 User is offline   Kr0m Icon

•   former FS member   
    Lead Forums Administrator
  • Account: kr0m

Posted 26 April 2004 - 10:19 PM

Nice post Killah Philah.

#7 User is offline   War Spaghetti (old) Icon

• LocationPennyvania

Posted 26 April 2004 - 10:27 PM

Fvck clans. "I quit, No Techno." -vital

#8 User is offline   VisionThing (old) Icon

Posted 27 April 2004 - 01:30 AM

Although it is rather amusing when they stack on a team and then get owned by pubbers

#9 User is offline   Oswald (old) Icon

• LocationWishin' I was in SoCal

Posted 27 April 2004 - 05:34 AM

shuffleteams...problem solved

#10 User is offline   mrp (old) Icon

• Locationuk

Posted 27 April 2004 - 02:37 PM

Although it is rather amusing when they stack on a team and then get owned by pubbers

y4 ... we seen this happen before ... a nub clan stacks on the same team and then sticks together, but suck so hard they get pwnt anyhow ... Although last time i saw that i guess they didn't realise that the nondescript pubbers on the other side were mainly from the uk team ;x .

Unfortunately this kinda stuff happens with all games on the internet .. especially when there are a great deal of clanservers.. playin ET for instance you would constantly have to deal with 4 of the same clan all joinin the same team .. no matter how horrible this made the teams .. or when subsequently ppl from our team left cause theres no point playing against tp with no tp, they dont ever offer to even the teams up again.

Btw shuffle team voting in ET is the most annoying thing .. noobs get owned for 2 mins then repeatedly spam shuffle team :|

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942