• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Syncmaster LDC screen Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   preat Icon

• Account: preat

Posted 16 October 2005 - 02:59 PM

Today i got a Syncmaster 172b.. I have never had an LCD monitor b4 and now i wonder one thing... what millisecond at highest for UrT? Anyone know?

#2 User is offline   HoboHumpinSlut (old) Icon

Posted 16 October 2005 - 03:10 PM

depends if you care about your eyes. i definitely wouldn't go for a monitor above 20ms though.

edit: ow, you already did. 25ms should do way better than the tft i played on for a long time though ;)

#3 User is offline   preat Icon

Posted 16 October 2005 - 04:32 PM

Yes, i have 25 ms now.. Anyone played with that? I played a little and i thought i looked nicer but that probably cause my old monitor was kind of theworstmonitoranditwasanoldreadyfortrashmonitor ;)

#4 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 16 October 2005 - 05:22 PM

I've *heard* 1000msecs(1 sec) divided by an lcd's rate is equivalent to a crt's hz, like for example, 1000msecs/8msecs(rate of some lcd) gives a crt equivalent of 125 hz or fps, but not sure if it's true.

#5 User is offline   preat Icon

Posted 16 October 2005 - 05:29 PM

ok fs.. dunno if i got what u mean :oops: BUT, i have played some now and it "feels" ok atm so i give it a try - Thx for input all

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

Posted 16 October 2005 - 05:52 PM

well i meant that your monitor is said to have an equivalent of 40hz crt refresh rate since 1000/25 = 40. however it seems that this isn't exactly equivalent since 'response time' isn't equal to the 'vertical refresh rate' of crts. 'information' provided on the screen may be equivalent but for one, lcds are certaintly less tiresome in 25msecs resonse than a crt of 40hz vertical refresh. bah.. anything 60hz or less on a crt and I can't stand it more than 10 minutes.

(edit: the basic difference is that in crts the picture has to be refreshed or the screen blanks, but in lcds the picture stays displayed until refreshed, the latter is obviously better as an idea)

#7 User is offline   preat Icon

Posted 16 October 2005 - 06:40 PM

fs: ok, got it better now - thx... I was told that LCD must have 12 ms at most, otherwise i cant play.. :?: Hum, well i will still give it try. Can a crt be "tired"? Can a crt respond less when it gets older?

#8 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

Posted 16 October 2005 - 07:28 PM

urt runs at sv_fps 20 which means the actual game information is exchanged between client and server in 20 frames per second. watching the game in effective 40 fps (which is what you'd prolly see in a 25msec response lcd monitor) isn't much different in gameplay than 999fps. the difference is mainly in smoothness. one could argue that smoother video makes them better players. it's probably not far from the truth.

#9 User is offline   preat Icon

Posted 16 October 2005 - 07:48 PM

urt runs at sv_fps 20 which means the actual game information is exchanged between client and server in 20 frames per second. watching the game in effective 40 fps (which is what you'd prolly see in a 25msec response lcd monitor) isn't much different in gameplay than 999fps. the difference is mainly in smoothness. one could argue that smoother video makes them better players. it's probably not far from the truth.

Well, isnt the fps i see on the "gamescreen" (drawfps) enough to say that my lcd works ok? 8 players 90 - 100 fps.. Or am i getting something wrong here?

#10 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

Posted 16 October 2005 - 07:52 PM

well the game usually tells you what kind of fps the graphics card is generating. the monitor may, or may not be able to show all the information of that fps. e.g. you can't see more information than 70fps on a 70hz crt or more than 100fps on a 10msec response time lcd.

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942