• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Live Abortion On Air Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Oswald (old) Icon

• LocationWishin' I was in SoCal

Posted 30 April 2004 - 09:57 AM

Glenn Beck is going to be airing a live abortion over the radio on Friday from 7-8am EST. Needless to say both pro lifers and pro choice are up in arms and wanting the FCC to do something. And Glenn is doing to support pro adoption. My question to you, would you tune in? He is not doing it for ratings (*cough* Stern *cough*) and actually thinks it will be the lowest rated show ever. He is aware affiliates will not air his show on Friday and some will pull his show. He will loose listeners. Your thoughts...

#2 User is offline   illogical Icon

•   verified user   
    Retired Master Server Administrator
  • Account: illogical
  • Main tag: 6th|

Posted 30 April 2004 - 08:55 AM

I really wonder why he's doing it then. It's obviously not helping him any. I surely will not tune in, not worth my time. If he wants to lose listeners and piss off the company he works for, that's his business. Luckily, I don't have to listen to him do it.

#3 User is offline   autoaim.cfg (old) Icon

Posted 30 April 2004 - 02:36 PM

1. No
2. Nothing but a media stunt
3. I dont listen to radio

#4 Guest_[n*e*r*d*].SplitKick

Posted 30 April 2004 - 02:56 PM

Stupid. This will not help the pro choice cause. People against it will only see it as provocation, and people who weren't sure yet, could also be disgusted by this action. Dumb.

#5 Guest_Killah Philah

Posted 30 April 2004 - 04:47 PM

Yeah, this is a pretty stupid stunt.

1) You won't be able to see it. How can you expect to get any point across this serious through radio.

Pretty lame, and yes a publicity stunt. Many people say even bad publicity is good publicity and better than none at all. Although sad, this has been proven over and over. Stir some controversy and all of a sudden everyone will know your name. pretty lame.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 Guest_WheresMyPants

Posted 30 April 2004 - 09:55 PM

yea its in bad taste, but "technically" we still have the freedom of speech/press amendement.

#7 User is offline   JRllama (old) Icon

• LocationWherever I Am

Posted 30 April 2004 - 10:08 PM

We also have decency laws.

Free Speech? That phrase, along with so many others gets way too much use.

Free Speech? Think it's OK to say anything? Walk up to a Secret Service agent and tell him you think the president should die. You will quickly find out that freedom of speech doesn't mean you can say anything you want.

Now, I would say that this particular incident would fall under freedom of speech, however as I said in the beginning, that would be where decency laws would kick in. Just as a show couldn't broadcast people having sex.

just my two cents...

#8 Guest_Taco

Posted 30 April 2004 - 10:15 PM

November, February, and May is sweeps. Doing it the day before sweeps start. He is doing it for ratings. Same as niteline.

#9 User is offline   FragginNewby (old) Icon

• LocationKilladelphia, PA

Posted 30 April 2004 - 10:16 PM

Smart...

Why abort if someone will adopt? Guy has balls, knowing the repurcussions from this show. Hey, got the attention of gamers on a gamers forum... brings the issue to the forefront. Very smart...

#10 User is offline   EnDYmiON Icon

• Account: endymion

Posted 01 May 2004 - 12:38 AM

huh, what? I wasn't paying attention... :wink:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942