• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Re-Editing defective maps Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   HoboHumpinSlut (old) Icon

Posted 10 May 2006 - 03:44 AM

no

edit: goddammit hyb, i wanted to reply w/o having to quote illo. and you push the damn button right when i do.

#12 User is offline   Hybridesque (old) Icon

• LocationBradford, UK

Posted 10 May 2006 - 04:33 AM

I rock

#13 User is offline   illogical Icon

•   verified user   
    Retired Master Server Administrator
  • Account: illogical
  • Main tag: 6th|

Posted 10 May 2006 - 06:13 AM

I LOL'd.

#14 User is offline   Shminkyboy Icon

•   former FS member   
    Mapper
  • Account: shminkyboy

Posted 10 May 2006 - 07:39 AM

from an ethical standpoint I agree, if you don't have the .map file... it is what it is..

#15 User is offline   Hybridesque (old) Icon

• LocationBradford, UK

Posted 10 May 2006 - 02:19 PM

Hehe, well in the case of Sliema, I was given permission to do what I like with it.. so I did initially rebuild it, like for like.. then stuff happens and I couldn't bear to look at the effin' level so I nuked it bye-bye..

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   |NV|S (old) Icon

• LocationSanta Clarita, CA

Posted 10 May 2006 - 04:02 PM

No ethical dilemna here. Its the Intellectual Property of the person who built it, changing it in any way is wrong. If the author wants to come back and fix it, then thats a different story. And we (FS) dont own the levels in the game, and do not change or fix them unless we have express permission to do so. (and the .map file)

So, again....unless you can talk the author into coming back to fix it.....it is what it is.

#18 User is offline   Homie Icon

• Account: homie
  • Main tag: ]$[

Posted 12 June 2006 - 04:33 PM

ah well this kinda answers a question i had over the spawns on trainyard and hotel (yeah yeah that f***ing beta 1.xx again :P)

either version... there are 2 of each at least floating about out there one with and one without -classic tagged on the end

the problem is purely that the spawns are screwed when playing more than 3v3 and my question was would/could it be possible for these to be 'fixed' to allow say 16 players in an 8v8 on TS

on trainyard u start to spawn ontop of other players ...u can imagine the whine
on hotel the spawns r just random ... which some find amusing..and others ...whine :P

I realise that these maps are no longer 'Official' ..but some of us die hards still love 'em for what they are

we want to put them back into the rotation on our server, but because of the spawn probs this is impossible

trying to find 3rd party maps that work as well for speed and 'fun' is next to impossible ...

(suckupmode=1) so are any of u 1337 mappers out there able to help??? (suckupmode=0)
if so be ready for some idolising and hero worshiping by aload of old skoolers who what to show where this games roots lay :mrgreen: :tia:

#19 User is offline   Shminkyboy Icon

•   former FS member   
    Mapper
  • Account: shminkyboy

Posted 13 June 2006 - 06:32 AM

lol

trainyards rocked!

problem is that it'd have to be remade.. it had alot of boxen....

...but throwing knives all the way across the map over the train trestle was fun >:)

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942