• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

SIDs feelings Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   War Spaghetti (old) Icon

• LocationPennyvania

Posted 05 May 2004 - 05:08 AM

What kind of feeling do you get when you realize what you have created? It must be amazing being able to create something some peoples lives revolve around. What does a mapper feel when he creates a map that everyone loves and it gets play almost to infinity? Keep the faith and keep doing what you're doing guys. I'm all tingly inside.

#2 User is offline   TwentySeven Icon

•   former FS member   
    Lead Engine Developer
  • Account: twentyseven

Posted 05 May 2004 - 07:29 AM

we.
hate.
you.

#3 User is offline   TwentySeven Icon

•   former FS member   
    Lead Engine Developer
  • Account: twentyseven

Posted 05 May 2004 - 07:30 AM

hahah actually most of the time its wonderful.
one asshat can ruin 2 years work though.
Its bizzare, and it shouldnt be like that, but its true.

#4 Guest_Mr.StaggerLee*ReIIiK

Posted 05 May 2004 - 08:22 AM

one asshat? how vague.

we demand names

#5 User is offline   Oswald (old) Icon

• LocationWishin' I was in SoCal

Posted 05 May 2004 - 09:01 AM

Not that I consider myself as expert at any of this, but speaking from my experiences, it has been an enjoyable ride. From the early days, when no one played to having the best community supporting something "we" did has been great. Seeing some of our team members get hired by professional companies, like 4D Rulers and Ravensoft, just goes to prove there is a world of talent out there, this is just one avenue in which to express your talents. Going to Quakecon and seeing our mod played at LANs and other events has been a blast as well.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Konev (old) Icon

• LocationQueenstown, New Zealand

Posted 05 May 2004 - 01:32 PM

one asshat? how vague.

we demand names

fadarka?

#7 Guest_WheresMyPants

Posted 06 May 2004 - 12:23 AM

or its avenger under his new nick... :shock:

#8 User is offline   dex Icon

• Account: dex

Posted 06 May 2004 - 01:49 AM

I don't think I'd host a LAN party nearly as much if it weren't for UT. We've actually delayed the start of LAN partys so that I can get the latest version the minute its released before we all move to a house with no internet.

BTW, I'm sure you guys are working as hard as your lives let you, but I'd really like to be able to help spread around either an ETUT version, or a UT version with an installer at MillionManLan at the end of June. I think it'd be a great place to try and convert some CS players to a similar game with better graphics. In the past when I've tried at large LAN parties people complain the game is too complicated to install.

#9 User is offline   EnDYmiON Icon

• Account: endymion

Posted 06 May 2004 - 02:09 AM

In the past when I've tried at large LAN parties people complain the game is too complicated to install.

Haha...serious? How hard is it to unzip a file and drag/drop .pk3's into a dir? :roll: Anyways, U|T was what me and my friends always played on my LAN. Still playing since 1.27.

#10 User is offline   dex Icon

• Account: dex

Posted 06 May 2004 - 02:23 AM

The sad part, is I even unzipped all the files to a folder, put in a bunch of external maps, and put it on CD with the Quake 3 patches. All people had to do, was install quake, install the point release, and copy the ready made folder into the quake3 directory.

The 10 or so people I got to play it also said the game was too complicated and too sniper heavy. Apparently bandaging is too much to think about ;)

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942