Bogerud - Day 3 - 16 aug Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Canacas (old) Icon

• LocationNorway

Posted 11 August 2006 - 04:19 PM

Bogerud Day 3
---------------------
[16 aug 2006]

Intro.
Due to little activity here i started this thread. Its about a map im making, nothing special but it might be nice  :-). I will keep updating this topic "everyday" or so with the progress. I dont have much time to map, so there will probably not be any big changes from a day to day basis.

A big thanks to my inspiration sources;
Fjoggs - My main UT mapping help source. <- great guy.
Oswalds 27 days of Terror.
Bogerud Terrain. (Oslo-Norway, real life location)

Day 3, First in game screenshots!: [16 august 2006]
Following Oswald with releasing in game screenshots for his Terror day number 9, I release the first ingame screenshots from ut_bogerud. As you can see its a huge work in progress, but i hope to get the pices completed in time for the next UrT release.  :-D. I'm thinking of requesting some help for some models im needing for the map, but more on that later!

Click the image for larger size:
Posted Image

Day 2, Tower building in gtk-radiant: [14 august 2006]
Ok Ok, After a day or so finaly cluddering with radiant agen, (I had not open that program for months/1 year ago) I found myself in a hard time remembering all the controls. However i managed to do some progress on the blue tower, texturing is faaaar from complete, but the modelling has started ;)

Click the image for larger size:
Posted Image

Day 1, The blueprint session: [11 august 2006]
Well well, what kind of map are we looking at? I want to make a balanced map, not a sniper map, and not a AK map. Balance is offcourse important. But many maps are balanced, so whats so special about this one? I came up with the idea to make the map in a "downhill" style. As opposit to the regular flat style maps. Maybe not that uniqe, but it will hopefully be nice! I added two highly proffesionaly made blueprints of my map ideas. Offcourse theese copyies are hiding a few detailed secrets that is not to be revelead at this point of time, just yet.  :roll:

Blueprints:
Top View:
Posted Image
Side View:
Posted Image

Stay tuned as this map becomes a reality....! Please enjoy and happy frag-tag.
Input is very welcome!

-Canacas

#2 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations
  • Account: woekele

Posted 11 August 2006 - 05:15 PM

So, how's this map not gonna be imbalanced with 1 side higher then the other? :D

#3 User is offline   EL_PRESEDENTE (old) Icon

Posted 11 August 2006 - 05:26 PM

er just look at golgotha that map has one raised level one lower and strangly enough the lower normally win as theres is harder to get the flag out where as the upper level is slightly more open and is easier for the get away

#4 User is offline   Canacas (old) Icon

• LocationNorway

Posted 11 August 2006 - 05:36 PM

So, how's this map not gonna be imbalanced with 1 side higher then the other? :D

Hehe.. Well, i have figured that i can balance this advantage/disadvantage by making it easyer to access the blue tower roof (were the flag is) by making the blue spawn in the basement a longer walk from the the actual building. And making more ways to get to the roof. While on the red side, making the spawn right under the flag with exit-passages going North-South-East-and West to the outside area, making the spot easyer to defend from the enemies, and making it easyer to suprise the enemy by attacking from different locations, while you still only have one location to defend. Or maybe you have some better suggestion to how to solve the problem?  :-)

-Can.

Edit: Taken EL_PRESEDENTE's reply in consideration it might be i dont need to modify this as much as i was going to.

#5 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations
  • Account: woekele

Posted 11 August 2006 - 05:43 PM

Okay, thanks for the explanations, it makes sense. It was just the first question that popped up in my mind, after seeing that elite blueprints :)

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Kamisama (old) Icon

Posted 24 August 2006 - 05:48 AM

I once tried making a map much like this...

Had to abandon it as it wouldn't compile worth damb...  that and I would get about 1-2fps when looking acros the entire map.

If you can successfully crop the mess down to reasonable 'mass' then this might make a good map.  Just remember to add lots of groud cover or it'll be nothing but a sniper map.

#7 User is offline   T3ebO Icon

•   verified donor   
  • Account: t3ebo
  • Main tag: |UG|

Posted 11 September 2006 - 01:55 PM

Feel the Norwegian Ørbann Terror låååv :mrgreen:

Good sh**, like the balanced hill map thing!

#8 User is offline   Canacas (old) Icon

• LocationNorway

Posted 14 September 2006 - 03:22 PM

Oh my God!. I'm back in action! Expect more norwegian love as this map is getting a huge update around the corner  :mrgreen:

#9 User is offline   MidgetKiller (old) Icon

• LocationBC, Canada

Posted 26 November 2006 - 01:28 AM

Can't wait to see it. Don't forget when you're done to upload it to me.

http://www.map-depot.com/upload.php

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942