• +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

CTF Scores Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   dead (old) Icon

• LocationItaly

Posted 07 May 2004 - 10:18 AM

IMO, in CTF the score rules push people to defend the flag.
Normally (especially in casa or docks) you can obtain the highest scores simply staying behind some box or corner near your flag (with a SR-8 or silenced G36) and shooting the adversary just one second before they reach the flag.

this lead to a flat game where both teams wait for enemies.

I think it should be good to introduce some bonus for a active behaviour. maybe 1 bonus point for people who touch the enemy flag or something similar.

#2 User is offline   LORD OF DOOM (old) Icon

Posted 07 May 2004 - 10:57 AM

Where do you play your CTF games???? :)

Last games played on ClanBase CTF ladder:

Thursday 6 May
UTZ - UNO: 4-1
DKM - QV: 45-0
it - TTFL: 5-3
Wednesday 5 May
it - QV: 13-2
FOS - aard: 26-10
HV - THC: 1-0 (default loss)
Tuesday 4 May
1HiT - UNO: 15-7
Skalk - 1HiT: 20-12
UNO - #GUG#@: 11-8
DKM - IA: 20-6
UTZ - MMC: 6-0
it - tDt: 5-3
Monday 3 May
Ann - it: 19-3
Sunday 2 May
TTFL - UrP: 8-7
inc - HV : 15-7
Friday 30 Apr
DKM - DB: 4-0
Thursday 29 Apr
N - DB: 10-7
Wednesday 28 Apr
runDMC - it: 10-10
DKM - Gdis: 59-1
#GUG#@ - tDt: 6-4
Ann - runDMC: 19-1
it - :DS:: 10-1

All wars are played on 2 maps 20 minutes each. I don't think thos shows many campy CTF games ;) On pubs it might be a bit more campy, but still not on a level I think something should be changed... CTF and TS are played enough... BM is a gametype we should worry about. Not that many server and on CB the ladder is more dead then alive.

#3 User is offline   autoaim.cfg (old) Icon

Posted 07 May 2004 - 10:58 AM

We have had a lot of asinine CTF scoring suggestions...

...this is not one of them!

Now, this related purely to CTF scoring on pubs imho, so lets not bring clanwars into it, since any clan that looks at personal scores is... well... hehe. But on pub play ppl cant seem to get past their personal scores to a certain extent. First off I'd like to yet again try to derail that particual train of tought by once more shouting : Personal scores in CTF is a non-issue! Your dead body amongst the corpses of the enemy which was given to provide another 3 seconds for your FC to get to safety has a value Above and Beyond any personal score. The team is Mother. The team is Father. The team is All!

Now that I've gotten that out of my system... The most drastic solution to this would of course be to take out the personal scores in CTF alltogether. This is however not something that I see as a feasable solution. The skies would rip apart with the screams of the disgruntled if that path was tread upon.

A solution that WOULD be feasable on the other hand would to be the introduction of a scoring system that does not encourage defensive behaviour. Sit on the little ledge right behind the red flag on docks for a pub game or two if you dont think my statement is true. The current scoring system is not bad...BUT the introduction of +1 point for snatching the flag would imho make for a much better balanced scoring system.

In conclusion: F1 for +1 points for snatching the flag.

#4 User is offline   LORD OF DOOM (old) Icon

Posted 07 May 2004 - 03:33 PM

I often play on pubs where no-one defends at all... they all run towards the enemies flag without coordination... in those cases I feel forced to defend as I hate getting a flag when ours is gone.....

Pubs are shapped on the content of the players.... UrT is getting more new people into it and that does change player behavior on a pub especially with CTF. I don't think a different scoring system will change much on pubs. But I am not always right I know that ;)

Also a side not.... do not worry about things that are not really broken, but need a few tweaks.... fix real problems first :)

#5 User is offline   BludShoT Icon

• Account: bludshot
  • Main tag: [T]

Posted 07 May 2004 - 06:47 PM

The issue of personal scores has virtually no bearing on how people play clan wars. So we can look at changing perosnal scoring rules in CTF and consider pubbing only without any adverse effect to clan wars.

I agree that the current scoring system makes CTF pubbing defensive and campy. On many maps you can score the highest by sitting behind your flag and sniping. If we want to encourage boring campy play, then this is great. However, if we want to encourage fast exciting offensive play, then it sucks.

I propose 2 points for grabbing the enemy flag *from its original map location - only when it has spawned there or been returned there, not if it was just dropped there* (not 2 points for picking up the flag anywhere, or else you could just drop it to yourself over and over again). And I propose 50 points for capturing the flag, and I'm dead serious.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Mav (old) Icon

• LocationGreenwood, Nova Scotia, Canada

Posted 07 May 2004 - 07:36 PM

Since individual scores mean abosolutely nothing in a team gametype, I'd rather have no scoring done on the individual side. Seeing it needs to be there simply take all bonuses away, and leave it 1 point for a kill. I just wish people realize that a team gametype means a team effort, so that the whole team wins.

#7 Guest_Vind1cate

Posted 07 May 2004 - 08:21 PM

Usually if you have the best score, your generally the best player. Or at least you killed the most people, whatever. Stop crying.

#8 User is offline   H8tank (old) Icon

Posted 07 May 2004 - 08:32 PM

I generally see the most agressive offensive players have the best score.

#9 User is offline   [PoD] Hitman Arias (old) Icon

• LocationNorthern Cali.

Posted 07 May 2004 - 08:34 PM

Actually, to take into account the previous posts, CTF is teamplay. We all know that. So why are there individual scores? Secondly, not really a scoring system in CTF but an actual Flag capture count for the players.

Say player Y captures the flag 3 times in a 30 minute map and it trickles down the line from most to least. This way, everyone knows who it is that is making the flag captures.

Maybe even counting how many times a player "touches" or attempts to take teh opposing teams flag and a count for players that cap the flag.

Hell, why not throw in Assists while we're at it? :)

My 2 cents

#10 User is offline   autoaim.cfg (old) Icon

Posted 07 May 2004 - 08:53 PM

[quote name='"Vind1cate"]Usually if you have the best score' date=' your generally the best player. Or at least you killed the most people, whatever. Stop crying.[/quote']

GG Intelligent Input... :shock:

Contribute to the discussion or shut the fuck up, idiot!

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942