Advertisement
  • (5 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

CTF Scores Rate Topic: -----

#21 User is offline   audioaxes (old) Icon

Posted 08 May 2004 - 01:28 AM

[quote name='"Vind1cate"]Usually if you have the best score' date=' your generally the best player. Or at least you killed the most people, whatever. Stop crying.[/quote']

uh....NO

3 point "defense kills"
5 point "flag/defense kills + return"

i've brought this topic up 100 times and just get ignored.... you get awarded bonus points for doing the easiest job by camping your own flag when it should be vice versa

ill be happy if SID atleast removed the defense bonus from kills

#22 User is offline   BludShoT Icon

• Account: bludshot
  • Main tag: [T]

Posted 08 May 2004 - 02:56 AM

The point here isn't about weather CTF is a team game or not (which it is), or that 'individual points shouldn't matter'. The point is, on pubs, people *DO* care about their individual scores, more often than not they care MORE about their individual score than the team score. If this is true, which I beleive it to be, then the CTF scoring system has a direct effect on how people play the game in pubs - a direct effect on the experience of playing urt ctf on pubs.

So changing the CTF scoring can actually shape the way people play the game. If you reward offense in the scoring system, then there will be more offense, if you reward defense, then there will be more defense.

I think that the current scoring system encourages camping more than it encourages actually capturing the flag.

#23 Guest_Mr.StaggerLee*ReIIiK

Posted 08 May 2004 - 04:46 AM

isnt the winner the ones who cap the flag the most? just like TS, personal scores dont matter that much.

#24 User is offline   audioaxes (old) Icon

Posted 08 May 2004 - 05:24 AM

no

how many caps will one person get in a match? 2-3 = 10-15 points
how many points do you get from camping off people at your flag in a match 15-20 = 45-60 points
and besides, the person who usually attacks the most usually doesnt even to cap off their own flag runs; they die and someone else caps it

and all of this is mute....the main point is you should NOT get a bonus for killing someone at your own flag end of story

#25 Guest_WheresMyPants

Posted 08 May 2004 - 05:29 AM

i wouldnt take that away... im refering to the points given to a player that kills an enemy attacker.
i would only add a bonus point, not take them away.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#26 User is offline   mrp (old) Icon

• Locationuk

Posted 08 May 2004 - 07:18 AM

heh .. i find it hard to believe that when you people play on pubs all you care about is your teams score ... when im playing with a bunch of strangers i couldnt give a crap of how our teams score tbh . Perhaps this gives me some deluded impression of contributing the most .

#27 User is offline   MeNoPausE (old) Icon

• LocationNew York, NY

Posted 08 May 2004 - 09:05 AM

Wow, this topic is like a broken record. Whats the point of even debating it. The point system most likely won't change.Pubs are pubs and people are out for the highscore glory. Whatevs
:lol:

#28 User is offline   autoaim.cfg (old) Icon

Posted 08 May 2004 - 09:30 AM

No I didn't even read your post because I don't care.

I think those two facts have been pretty obvious to all...

So in other words you didn't know crap about what we were discussing here. And it certainly appears that you still aint read this thread through. Who was "crying" about not getting high points on pubs? Who was "butt hurt" because they dont score high? Are you reading the same forum as the rest of us? We are discussing possible tweaks for the CTF scoring system in the name of balance. Something that we feel would benifit the mod as a whole. Your glorious contribution to this is "best players get most points, quit crying" and you dont think that's an attack? How about this: go read the thread before you post shit.

[quote name='"Roadkill"]Auto' date=' go to bed! Yer drunk! :mrgreen: ;)[/quote']
Actually I was (and still am) quite sober, rk. I just dont enjoy getting pissed on by ppl like that.

Now we have heard a lot of possible suggestions for tweaking the CTF scoring. The removal of the "defensive bonus" as audioaxes suggested is certainly also a possible way of balancing out the scoring. However, since it is already implemented and ppl are used to this I am at this point in time more inclined to agree with WheresMyPants and go with the +1 point for snatching the flag in addition to the already implemented scoring system. I think that BludShots last post really is a very good description of the current situation and the problem that arises from it in regards to scoring dynamics.

At this point in time it would also perhaps be interesting to hear some input from the coders themselves. Certain things are more easy to code than others I am sure. Mav and audioaxes suggestion of simply removing all defensive bonuses and just having +1 points per kill sounds like the easiest way to balance the scoring system codewise. I'd be interested in learning the reasoning behind implementing the "defensive bonus" in the first place and how Silicon Ice regards it today.

#29 User is offline   audioaxes (old) Icon

Posted 08 May 2004 - 10:15 AM

i dont see why to keep a bonus at all except for when you kill a carrier

why reward the most easiest kills?

if anything it should be reversed:
-you get a bonus point for killing an enemy when you are at their flag,
-you get a bonus point for killing an enemy while you carry the flag
-you get a point just for touching enemy flag [only one point per spawn, meaning you cant drop flag and pick it up again for another point]
-you get a bonus point for killing the carrier
-you get a point for returning the flag
-5 point bonus for cap [+ 10 pt team bonus]
-NO bonus point for killing an enemy by your flag

#30 Guest_Vind1cate

Posted 08 May 2004 - 10:43 AM

No I didn't even read your post because I don't care.

I think those two facts have been pretty obvious to all...

So in other words you didn't know crap about what we were discussing here. And it certainly appears that you still aint read this thread through. Who was "crying" about not getting high points on pubs? Who was "butt hurt" because they dont score high? Are you reading the same forum as the rest of us? We are discussing possible tweaks for the CTF scoring system in the name of balance. Something that we feel would benifit the mod as a whole. Your glorious contribution to this is "best players get most points, quit crying" and you dont think that's an attack? How about this: go read the thread before you post sh*t.

Two pretty obvious facts yet you had to ask like an idiot. Christ man go read the first post before you tell me read to read this. The whole first page is about people talking about a players personal score. If you'd like I could play kindergarden with you and quote it for you. In fact, fuck it I will.

"you can obtain the highest scores simply staying behind some box or corner near your flag (with a SR-8 or silenced G36)"

I guess I should concede the fact they are providing ways to 'fix' the scoring 'problem'. Yet I go back to my point of why? Why would someone be concerned with the way scores are done? The answer, oh no my score isn't high. I'm not an e-hero tonight!

From the very first post too. Like I said I don't care if they add points or take points away in CTF. It won't bother me a bit. What does is people who think omg he is camping the flag and I can't get any frags. Get some skill then, CTF is so freakin easy. When I stated my opinion I didn't attack anyone. I didn't quote or call anyone out directly. Yet here you are trying to act like your hot shit against me.

*edit* Back when I did play TS sure I could possiably see a reason since TS is very much on individual skill, were as CTF your personal skill doesn't matter near as much as does the team effort does. No idea if thats true for TS now or if TS is even still played. Shrug

[quote name='"autoaim.cfg"]Actually I was (and still am) quite sober' date=' rk. I just dont enjoy getting pissed on by ppl like that. [/quote']

Excuse me, but I didn't start jack crap with you. I didn't even know of you till you started in with this crap on me.

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942