Advertisement
  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

so... what's bomb mode? Rate Topic: -----

#11 Guest_Mr.StaggerLee*ReIIiK

Posted 08 May 2004 - 03:10 PM

oh man...27 this update has me worried. paranoid even, i dont want it to come out.

new sr8 and weird jump moves...makes my stomach turn. im afraid of it all...i think im gonna cry.

it better be good for the mod...or your fired.

:cry:

:cry:

#12 Guest_fpk

Posted 08 May 2004 - 06:34 PM

...or they had another game mode besides bomb which wasn't buggy and broken. Which they don't.

Also, let me just correct people on a couple of points:

1) Bomb mode comes from rainbow 6 originally, Then CS. So technically we're stealing from R6.

2) CS have since borrowed the UrT rule set - CS now stops the clock once the terrorists plant - whereas before UrT 3.0 came along the clock could run out while the bomb was in play, making "bombexplodetime" of each round pointless to plant in. You want to see people stay away from a bombsite? How about knowing theres no chance of the bomb exploding!!

hey thats all nice. FACT, there's barely any 3.4 bomb servers. Comment on that. People still play TS. Why do you guys say "oh on pubs it sucks". Why should a game suck in pubs and not in scrims or such? Is it a proof that community blows?

3) Gay Matrix Moves? Get a life - the new move is clearly Jackie Chan inspired.

right. This game used to be an inspiration from Action Quake 2. Now I kinda think it does considering movie-like moves but seriously, I don't see this shit happening. At every release, I see less and less players in urt cause of your weird tweaking. Do people complain about movements? Why should you introduce stuffs that will change the way people move if they are already satisfied with it? People complain about: performance, sr8, weapon tweaks and maps.

I don't see anybody going "hey bunny hopping suck. mind as well put crazy moves!"

you get a life

#13 Guest_Annihilator

Posted 08 May 2004 - 08:13 PM

Don't take this the wrong way, I love urt maps and think that sid mappers do a great job. However, the reason I see that bomb has had trouble is that there are no true "bomb maps". All of our maps are ctf or ts maps that have been adapted for bomb play. Just like a good ctf map built differently than a good ts map a good bomb map would have different features than a good cft of ts map. Alot of the popular bomb maps are the good TS maps so, by nature, the game reverts back to TS style often times. I think that if we had a map concept that was originally designed for bomb mode, taking into account some of the bomb nuances then we would see a decline in the TS tendancies even on pubs.

#14 Guest_UE|FinnY

Posted 09 May 2004 - 04:08 AM

i think all u mappers out there should start making bomb mode maps 8) .! and create a bomb mode mappack that would be pretty cool :wink:

#15 User is offline   preat Icon

• Account: preat

Posted 09 May 2004 - 09:29 AM

it also works quite nicely on the AAZ server...

Now this is true and as far as I know AAZ is the only pub that stick to bomb mode (in eur) and I think that is gr8 - How ever, BM demands a lot of teamplay and is very fun to play if u compete with a similar team...

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 Guest_funlord

Posted 09 May 2004 - 02:19 PM

yea thats true AAZ server got the right settings and the players playing on it learned with the time on how to play bomb, making it quite interesting. :)

#17 User is offline   wadeski (old) Icon

• LocationUK

Posted 10 May 2004 - 08:33 PM

just as a counterpoint, wall-hopping sounds like not only the best thing ever, but the freshest idea we have had in a while.

more skill in moving around, rather than just aim (which, unless everyone has railguns, has to be nerfed with movement penalty and recoil anyway) allows people to play with a bit more fun and skill.

When UrT 2.0 came out, there were only the arcadey shooters, CS, UrT and the slowwwwww "soldier sims" like Rainbow 6 and the like.

now there are 100s of semi-fast shooters a bit like UrT - but none have quite the speed / cool moves factor that we do. Thats what sets us apart from the rest, our AQ2 / Quake3 heritage.

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942