Question about boot in 3.5

#41 User is offline   Oswald (old) Icon

• LocationWishin' I was in SoCal

Posted 15 May 2004 - 03:56 AM

Ah, so you have tried it?

#42 User is offline   Mav (old) Icon

• LocationGreenwood, Nova Scotia, Canada

Posted 15 May 2004 - 05:03 AM

brolly, eveyone knocks it before they try it. Then when they try it they all go this is awesome. (shrugs)

#43 User is offline   audioaxes (old) Icon

Posted 15 May 2004 - 06:16 AM

HAHA no more boot whoring

Thank You SID

#44 User is offline   Aarsbuds0r (old) Icon

• LocationNetherlands, The

Posted 15 May 2004 - 07:14 AM

If you really, truly want to boot someone then you still can.....just switch to the knife. Its one little button press and you have the glorious boot!!

Not true. Even when switching to the knife, the boot is not the same as in 3.4. It's way harder to hit with as well.

#45 User is offline   brolly (old) Icon

Posted 15 May 2004 - 07:27 AM

If you really, truly want to boot someone then you still can.....just switch to the knife. Its one little button press and you have the glorious boot!!

Not true. Even when switching to the knife, the boot is not the same as in 3.4. It's way harder to hit with as well.

What I said is 100% true....read it again. Boots will take skill, since you have to select it, as every weapon in the game should.

skill > luck

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#46 User is offline   nrgy (old) Icon

Posted 15 May 2004 - 11:22 AM

Oh man why did they take out the boots? All I wanted to do was spam my no recoil mega bfg 36 and get a lucky kill. Damn them were the days. UrT used to be a Mortal Kombat style combo system game. I liked that kind of stuff. *BLAM*BLAM*HOP*HOP*BOOT!*STILL SHOOTN*BLAM*BLAM*BOOT*BLAM*KILL! Sigh now Im gonna have to relearn to not hop so much while shootin.

#47 User is offline   Aarsbuds0r (old) Icon

• LocationNetherlands, The

Posted 15 May 2004 - 01:12 PM

Brolly, you dont only need to select it, but also its harder to hit with in 3.5. Thats a bit too much nerfing imo =]

#48 User is offline   HoboHumpinSlut (old) Icon

Posted 15 May 2004 - 01:18 PM

well...we will see...but i think aiming only would have done the trick to get rid of getting booted 'accidently'. but why not talk about that tomorrow?

#49 Guest_[SG]Fray

Posted 15 May 2004 - 01:29 PM

... This all stems from the same argument that was used when 3.0 was spawned upon us...

Removing the boot just removes even more sense of style. There was nothing better than booting one guy out of a building, shooting his mate in the head, then leaping off said building and finishing the bitch off...

Or booting someone into a wall while you reload an then pinning him to said wall with half a clip (overkill but like, looks so classy on demos :)...

But, whatever, Im sure the pretty coloured negevs will look very... nice... yes... nice.

Hmm.

#50 User is offline   FragginNewby (old) Icon

• LocationKilladelphia, PA

Posted 15 May 2004 - 03:21 PM

I actually love booting, it is a boatload of fun when you are just screwing around on a server. that being said, I am glad to see the "knife/boot" in the game because it was entirely too easy to boot someone in close combat. I think it is a change for the bettr because now you need to rely on skill, not just lucking out by jumping repeatedly... please remember, this is coming from someone who would boot at the drop of a hat when in close combat - I loved it - but it is lame and needed fixing considering how easy it was to boot.

You can still boot, but now you gotta have some brass-like testicles to do it just carrying a knife instead of being able to boot and LR/M4 spam someone at the same time. Adapt and overcome... I think most people will find little difference in the gameplay once 3.5 is out, unless you are a boot-whore, of course! :P Play the new release for a few days/week - I really think you'll see that the knife/boot is not going to have the "catastrophic impact" some seem to think.

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942