Urban Terror Forums: xqf patch: Add support for g_allowVote in 4.0. - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

xqf patch: Add support for g_allowVote in 4.0. Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   undead Icon

• Account: undead

Posted 06 January 2007 - 01:53 AM

As you know, g_allowVote is going to change in the 4.0 release.  You will be able to set a bit for each of the items instead of having to choose groups.

This means you can disallow exec but allow everything else and so on.  Xqf hard codes these values into the binary.  I wrote a diff to change it so it will display 4.0 servers properly.  I added a temp hack so it will show FS' devel servers since they haven't switched over to the q3ut4 mod name yet.

Patch is here:  http://pastebin.ca/307374

By the way, when you use xqf, you should add the urt master server and then only refresh/update that.  It will drastically cut down the refresh time.  If you refresh all the quake3 servers, you'll be refreshing servers that have nothing to do with UrT.

#2 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 06 January 2007 - 05:32 PM

why don't you send your patches to xqf, or did you.

there's a faster way than master.urt.net, gslist. hacky and a few minutes behind, but i prefer it.

#3 User is offline   undead Icon

• Account: undead

Posted 06 January 2007 - 09:29 PM

why don't you send your patches to xqf, or did you.

No, I didn't yet.  It has a hack to allow you to play servers labeled 3.8 with q3ut3 name.  I think these will change to modversion 4.0 and name q3ut4 so I didn't send it to them.

there's a faster way than master.urt.net, gslist. hacky and a few minutes behind, but i prefer it.

It only takes 5 seconds to refresh all the servers from the master server.  Tell me more about gslist. :)

#4 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 07 January 2007 - 12:20 AM

you need http://aluigi.alterv...pers.htm#gslist
xqf supports it

the normal masters take 8-10 seconds to start downloading here, this takes 2-3

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942