• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Viewsonic 19" Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 21 January 2007 - 12:12 PM

if i learned sth from a recent debate we had about lcds, is that the response time/delay, isn't always according to spec. one was averagely exactly as specs reported and various others were much higher. i don't know if that was because of marketing lying, other delays or different ways to measure it, but it won't be easy to figure if a reported 2msec is better than a reported 4msec. the one reporting the same average as the tests from a review, was a viewsonic vx922 with 2msec avg. i hope it doesn't also differ from piece to piece.

#12 User is offline   Bobbelin Icon

• Account: bobbelin
  • Main tag: ]Vz[

Posted 21 January 2007 - 03:00 PM

http://www.viewsonic.../xseries/vx922/ :*
although I would get one where you can adjust it's height

#13 User is offline   Muffie Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: muffie

Posted 22 January 2007 - 02:04 AM

i like the pro series though lol, im picky, and bullheaded, sooooooo will the first one be a bad choice if i get er and i can get it for 260 bucks not over 300

#14 User is offline   Muffie Icon

•   QA member   

Posted 22 January 2007 - 03:43 AM

http://www.pricegrab...itor,__16158388
340 bucks

I like it, it looks nice, it has 1600x1200 and at 5ms. and it's an extra inch bigger lol, Size matters let's say i'll spend about 350 bucks max.

Check er out and give me some feed back, it'll be muh first Lcd.

Well i was just reading a review on the site. and it says it runs native 1600x 1200 and anything lower will hurt the image quality.... is this true should i get the 19" posted above, i got a decent rig.

Posted Image

#15 User is offline   eya Icon

•   league admin   
    www.urban-zone.org
  • Account: eya
  • Main tag: UZ|admin

Posted 23 January 2007 - 11:05 AM

http://www.viewsonic...eries/vg2230wm/

love it, a bit more on the expensive side, but I love everything about it. great for work, it serves as a tv, gaming screen, presentation panel... :) scrape up some more money and give it a go :) and of course, when you look for a deal I'm sure you'll find one ;)

DO NOT try samsung  :-D ... ugly design and weak performance, distortion from very small angles, unequal lighting (usually lit up more toward center/bottom/right, saw that in several of them)... sold mine in two weeks, yuck. they do well with 17" screens but not with the larger ones

from the two you suggested, prolly n.1, check for some others with more balanced specs, neither one of these has got them right

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   A C E .....hole (old) Icon

• LocationFrom within.

Posted 23 January 2007 - 02:29 PM

Just bougth LG Flatron 1400:1 contast and 4ms reponse time for $200.  Great visually.

#17 User is offline   Homie Icon

• Account: homie
  • Main tag: ]$[

Posted 23 January 2007 - 03:43 PM

Blankman, as it happens the very screen I have and am using to write this is a.......Samsung SyncMaster 204B  8-)

its a beauty ... best screen I have as far as brightness/contrast/response times/etc its a VERY nice monitor

I has a Fujitsu Siemens Pro 20" TFT monitor b4 this, cost me over £100 than the Samsung about 2 years ago, the ONLY things would say the Fujtsu has over this is, the Samsung has very slight light leakage around the screen edges, and its doesnt hold its colour and contrast as well off-axis.

but having said that these are things I was looking for, and under normal usages (unless u look at all black screens alot, waaaay off-axis) you don't notice them, also the Samsung isnt billed as 'pro' monitor, and over £100 (Nearly $180) less

the Fujitsu has a response time of 8ms grey/grey and 12ms black/black, compaired to the Samsung 5ms grey/grey (im guessing about 8ms black/black is always slightly slower) watching movies and playing games there is a noticable difference in motion bluring(you cannot escape motion blur on a tft, even a 1ms TFT will have bluring compaired to a traditional CRT)

also it handles low resolutions well, ALL TFT monitors have a native res, and running at a lower res will always result in a loss of image quality, however I play games like GTR2 in 1280x1024 and its fine, yes there is the drop but its not really noticable once everything is shifting on the screen. The biggest drop quality wise is dropping from 1600 to 1280 and not the monitor showing a non-native resolution

95% satisfied  :mrgreen:

oh and the reason I switched... My dad wanted to ditch his 22" CRT and reclaim his desk, so I looked for a monitor for him, and asked if he would swap, as he is no gamers motion bluring isnt an issue for him, but it drove me insane even though it was only slight on the Fujitsu, this is a far better allround monitor

#18 User is offline   Muffie Icon

•   QA member   

Posted 24 January 2007 - 08:01 AM

mixed opinions......what would be better 1280x1024 or 1600x1200, do u think my setup could handle the higher resolution? With most new games? I don't need em completely maxed out, and could I run the games in a windowed version and not lose picture quality?

#19 User is offline   Homie Icon

• Account: homie
  • Main tag: ]$[

Posted 24 January 2007 - 12:21 PM

ok ..maybe I didnt make myself too clear :)

looking at my desktop at 1600x1200 its sharp and crisp, with excellent contrast and clarity, watching movies and playing games its the same, with little motion blurring (though you cant beat a CRT imo for picture quality)

switching to 1280 and things are much the same, only slightly blured, and I mean SLIGHTLY, (the next 3 lines have been deleted)

(edit..(deleted paragraph is pure bullshit, as half of 1600x1200 is 800x600).. lay of teh drugs kiddies)

Im giving it to you straight, normally gaming you dont notice unless you actually look for it, same with the 'flaws' i pointed out in the above post ... You got to look for them, normally the monitor is 100%, and i was compairing against a monitor thats 33% more expensive than the Samsung, which is abit unfair

when gaming, dropping to 1280x1024... its the res. drop that makes FAR more of a difference, than the monitor making things slightly more blured, and the res drop effect is the same as running 1024x800 instead of 1280x1024, things are more blocky and lines more jagged, exactly the same as on a CRT, this is how i play GTR2 in 1280 and Im quite happy with the results, so I wouldnt worry too much about playing in a non-native res too much

without spending silly money, this monitor imo gives good value for money, great image (Samsung are one of the few TFT manufactures in the world), and clean looks, I couldnt find a better monitor for the price, and happily swaped a perfectly good £400 TFT for it (204b cost me about £280) but I would recommend getting the lowest refresh rate possible, if you dont go for this model

when I said its got light leakage around the sides, I didnt mean white light, I ment that the screen is very slightly brighter around the edges, and I mean VERY slightly, this is most noticable on boot up when u look at an all black screen, but once everything is up and running u'll never notice it, even watching letterboxed DVDs and looking for it you cant see it.. I was just giving you everything as I see it  :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

oh and running a game in 1280 on a 1600 desktop windowed will not suffer any bluring as the game is actually being displayed in 1600, just not full screen

#20 User is offline   Muffie Icon

•   QA member   

Posted 27 January 2007 - 01:28 AM

meh, i just ordered the viewsonic 2030b and vista premium

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942