• +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Vista & PB Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   ]BoS[Killer (old) Icon

• LocationIndiana

Posted 25 January 2007 - 04:04 AM

I keep getting kicked for this, but only on Vista. If I use the exact same HD and data on XP it works fine. Suggestions?
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   don Icon

• Account: don
  • Main tag: GlaD-

Posted 25 January 2007 - 04:55 AM

It thinks some new API in Vista is a hack.

#3 User is offline   ]BoS[Killer (old) Icon

• LocationIndiana

Posted 25 January 2007 - 01:27 PM

Rut-row... that wont be good when the end users migrate to it. I used PBsetup to DL the latest and greatest PB, but still no luck. Looks like they have 5 days left to fix it!

Thanks DonDon

#4 User is offline   Homie Icon

• Account: homie
  • Main tag: ]$[

Posted 25 January 2007 - 02:51 PM

it wont work atm

ive tried for hours and hours recently to get Vista and PB to play nicely together, but they dont want to know

Ive tried everything from disabling windows defender to disabling UAC (User Account Control), and other bit and pieces but nothing works...

the ONLY way i could get onto a server was to reinstall PR1.32 with default PB settings, then join a pb server, you will be forced to spec whilst PB updates, once finished you can play .... until you reconnect then magically you will be kicked (dont know if a map change also has the same effect)

if u start a local server (ie type map ut_casa at the main menu) and check the console, you will see that pb is trying to kick you for 131144/5/6

basically from what I can workout, because Vista is shiny and new, evenbalance hasnt updated the Q3 client to recognise some new processes that run by default in Vista, and thats why we are being booted

its really annoying, this is now the only thing stopping me from migrating across

#5 User is offline   Mcturd Icon

• Account: mcturd

Posted 25 January 2007 - 03:09 PM

Does the same thing if you install 64bit XP. I tried that last April and got the same PB kick message. Well maybe not, but something simalar.

-McTurd

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   L3mMinG (old) Icon

Posted 25 January 2007 - 03:25 PM

Must be the packet spoofer microsoft hid somewhere in vista to keep DRM'ed packets in line  :roll:

#7 User is offline   MrBecks (old) Icon

• Location/Germany/Lower Saxony/Hannover

Posted 25 January 2007 - 03:52 PM

just right-click on the quake3.exe -> properties and somewhere there check run as Administrator
and if that doesn't fix it let quake3/Urban Terror run in XP compatibility.

At least I can play with this options on Vista and also on PB enabled servers...but Vista still sucks. :)

#8 User is offline   Homie Icon

• Account: homie
  • Main tag: ]$[

Posted 25 January 2007 - 04:15 PM

that doesn't work, tried that and every conceivable variation of user rights and compatibility mode. You have to run Q3.exe as administrator or pb kicks you for not having sufficient OS privileges :x
and if u run anything to do with Q3, inc the shortcuts in compatibility mode then PB kicks you for some other violation :cry:

btw this is ultimate RTM edition....

#9 User is offline   MrBecks (old) Icon

• Location/Germany/Lower Saxony/Hannover

Posted 25 January 2007 - 04:21 PM

also some friends had no problem to play Urt on Vista...with the method I posted before.
the only problem on Vista were the nvidia drivers, somehow the blood
effect when you get hit was strange.

#10 User is offline   ]BoS[Killer (old) Icon

• LocationIndiana

Posted 25 January 2007 - 04:22 PM

Humm I'm at work - so I can't test any of that right now. But I will when I get home. Funny thing is I am actually signed on as Administrator - and administrator is the only user available. I am on Vista Business RTM fyi. I wonder if theres a way to use like a process explorer, and see which one is now being hit by Q3 as opposed to ones in XP. If someoen can take a screen shot of a process explorer (Non windows) I'll compare it to mine in Vista. I think Sysinternals Process Explorer would be our best bet because it searches down to the thread ID.

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942