• +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

so the purpose of the walljumping..

#41 User is offline   JiM* (old) Icon

Posted 18 May 2004 - 12:30 AM

Right.

I can understand u are trying to be mr look-i-can-type-perfect-english-and-tell-other-people-they-cant and i can even appreciate that.
in some way.

I started my post with "For those who are interested in my point of view of this useless thread you can keep on reading. For those who are not interested and want to flame me.. sure go ahead. ".
but i did not expect someone to be interested, but flame me on how i did it.

I tried to be as clear as i can, and if u dont see the system in it, there is nothing i can do about it. English is not my mother tongue, so i cant type it as perfect as you. My english is short, because i dont have the time to think about every single sentence.

I used enlarged words because... i liked to emphasize the words i was using as if i was speaking it. Its just my way.

It seems like you are very good in making official looking letters (you are even so font of it you even do it in forums) why dont you organise my post yourself? I dont see why my post looks disorganised, and you also dont give examples of it where you cant understand what i am saying? And why shoudl i refrain from my internet shorthands? This is the internet isn't it? This is a forum where this 'shorthand' is regulary used isn't it? Dont you understand this shorthand?

and why am i posting?

for people who are interested in other peoples opinions and not for people who like to hear their own voice (or see how cool their posts look like in a forum) like you. Caus that is the impression you are giving me now.

#42 User is offline   No|Leaf|Clover (old) Icon

• LocationNew York, USA

Posted 18 May 2004 - 12:53 AM

The cvar to disable walljumping was discussed to no end by QA and SID. I do not feel the need to reiterate everything that happened and everything that was discussed which led up to the implementation used in the release. We decided against the cvar, as you see, and it will most likely stay that way.

#43 User is offline   nemesis Icon

•   former FS member   
    Lead Tester
  • Account: nemesis

Posted 18 May 2004 - 01:00 AM

I could do this all day, soon I will have to waste time making a pretty signature and avatar.

Well Jim,

I would have to disagree with your post having any real point, all you did was restate what was said previously and step into a forum conversation that didn’t include you (where exactly did I flame you prior to your post?). BUT, I do encourage you to continue your flaming; this is the urbanterror PUBLIC forum after all. I am beginning to find this rather humorous, (/me prays that the day mister forum nazi locks this topic is far away).

English is a wonderful language and I encourage you to improve your writing. Reading a good book and perhaps less time making illegible/ill-constructed/ ill-conceived posts would do wonders.

Regards,

nemes!s-

#44 User is offline   JiM* (old) Icon

Posted 18 May 2004 - 02:11 AM

-sigh-

I started to join the conversation when i saw YOU (see, big words :) ) flaming at a good friend of mine, majic.

Then i saw you flaming at other people

This all in your 1st post in this thread.

Now i must say, the last few posts u made are far less..hm..what are the words... children behavoir like. My post was to point out your flaming was wrong.
I see you simply wont even admit i had a point somehwere in my story so i guess we just do not agree.

Now here you are saying i am the one flaming in this thread, while i was just trying to point out to the ones who were flaming at the wrong people (imo offcourse) they were wrong.

But again you tell me that my posts are illegible (its still english afaik) ill-constructed (i do make full sentences? so whats wrong?) ill-conceived (Why? How can a point of view be Ill-Conceived? A SF can be ill-concieved, i can understand that, but a personal point of view is just personal, you dont have to agree on it!) but you just dont tell me where and why.

All you say is that you find my whole reply gibberish and you cant understand a word im trying to tell you (and others). After that you say im just here to flame. Wow, you must be a politician.

Stepping into a conversation on forums is the whole idea of a public forum. That is the point of public forums, and not like you said, to flame.

i dont like flaming, i like good strong conversations and argumentations, in good english or in bad, as long as we all can understand what we are saying. But for some reason my english is not the same as yours.

too bad.

Oh by the way, i do read some small English literature. I love the DiscWorld novels from Terry pratchet. Ive read about 10 books of him at this moment.
I guess you would say how low levelled these books are and how it prooves my english could never be like your high class english.

Main point is i failed in making my point to you and lost the discussion with you, even tho you never really discussed anything with me, only told me my english was too bad for you to understand.

I hope we meet on the servers, i think a 1on1 should be interesting ;)

i hope next time on this forum you could try to understand a bit more im trying to make clear. All i did was trying to tone down the flaming by telling people they could be wrong. But i see you are on the same side of opinion about flaming as i am, so at least that 'problem' is out.

#45 User is offline   HoboHumpinSlut (old) Icon

Posted 18 May 2004 - 02:19 AM

just go on reading terry's books...theyre nice ;)
ow...and some ppl will always flame and whine
and nemesis...doing correct punctation would be nice...at least if u attack ppls english ;)

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#46 User is offline   nemesis Icon

•   former FS member   
    Lead Tester

Posted 18 May 2004 - 02:49 AM

Jim,

Then nemesis.
Ur comments are bs. - If you think this is an appropriate way of to tone down the flaming is by returning the flame, then yes, your post was ill-conceived.

I find it commendable that you were standing up for a friend (majic), I was doing the same (blut und krieg). I thought most of what was said here by others was totally unnecessary and was not provoked. Quite a few people who had posted here had to turn this into an ugly discussion.

HoboHumpinSlut,

I would be nice if you were to point out my punctuation errors. *cheers*

And since you have turned this into a 'who has a better understanding of the English language' contest.

just go on reading terry's books...theyre ( please insert ‘ in between they & re)(Who should continue reading terry's books?)... theyre nice (incomplete thought, again insert the ‘)

ow ... and some pppl (spelling) will always flame and whine (2nd half of a sentence, where is the first half?)

and nemesis... doing correct punctuation would be nice (please reword, re-read what you write prior to posting).... at least if u (spelling) attach (attack?) ppls (spelling) english (I only asked for a clarification of his post, his thoughts were not legible).

I have not claimed that my English is perfect, but it is obviously better than yours.

Regards,

nemes!s-

#47 User is offline   nemesis Icon

•   former FS member   
    Lead Tester

Posted 18 May 2004 - 02:51 AM

Ah,

Apparently hobo is still correcting her/his post.

*cheers*

Regards,

nemes!s-

#48 User is offline   HoboHumpinSlut (old) Icon

Posted 18 May 2004 - 04:01 AM

lol
i aint...u know why? i give a shit about ppls english...as this is an UrT forum...not a spelling contest.
your punctation mistakes? use more dots instead of commas ;) especially if u dont connect sentences with binding words.

and i know that "ppl" and "u" and "bout" arent english words...and also "ppls" should be "ppl's" and "dont" should be "don't" and ...blablabla

edit: k...that thread is fscked up now...sry

#49 User is offline   nemesis Icon

•   former FS member   
    Lead Tester

Posted 18 May 2004 - 05:12 AM

I feel cheated hobo; you used that 'i don’t care' ploy. Are you coming back to post some more? :(

Regards,

nemes!s-

#50 User is offline   HoboHumpinSlut (old) Icon

Posted 18 May 2004 - 05:14 AM

if u want then ill post some more...but i aint lying with that 'i dont care'

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942