• +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

so the purpose of the walljumping..

#1 Guest_blut und krieg

Posted 16 May 2004 - 03:15 AM

..would be what?

It's caused more detriments than it has caused joy.

If this has been talked about previous, please redirect me to the other post. If not, please enlighten me.

#2 User is offline   TwentySeven Icon

•   former FS member   
    Lead Engine Developer
  • Account: twentyseven

Posted 16 May 2004 - 03:30 AM

If you don't like it, don't use it.

For the people who DO practice with it, it opens up a whole new range of combat and movement skills.

#3 Guest_TheDragon

Posted 16 May 2004 - 03:32 AM

i think its great.. and 27 is right.. if you dont want to use it.. dont.. so far i havent accidentaly wall jumped at all.. i have to try.

gj SID

#4 Guest_blut und krieg

Posted 16 May 2004 - 03:38 AM

That didn't really answer my question, but its good to see the coder took offense.

Anyway, I don't know what kind of matrix purposes there are for walljumping. I'm sure its a magnificent implementation.

I guess one example comes to mind (quote me newblar if you like, I couldn't care less.) but I was on uptown, I jumped from the blue ladder platform (the lower level next to the upper level where the elevator is) and jumped a bit short, and landed on the edge of the rail, and I jumped again to jump over the rail and plant my feet nicely on the platform, and I was pushed off the rail and plunged down to sweet sweet death.

I'm sure when I'm fighting someone in an alley, I'll need to jump off walls and twirl, or jump off the wall after doing a flip kick and landing behind my opponent to headshot my enemy from behind at some point, but as far as I can see, it's quite lame.

#5 User is offline   TwentySeven Icon

•   former FS member   
    Lead Engine Developer
  • Account: twentyseven

Posted 16 May 2004 - 03:41 AM

Coder didnt take offence. Coder did have a chuckle, and try and explain things.

Either way, you're obviously in "zealot" mode so no explantion will suffice.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 Guest_UE|FinnY

Posted 16 May 2004 - 03:44 AM

blut und krieg, 3.5 has only been out for an hour and a half now and ur moaning already. get a life plz. i mean cause the coders are going to take an offence to u, i certainly would if i worked my ass off over 3.5 and then had ppl like u complaining.!

#7 Guest_blut und krieg

Posted 16 May 2004 - 03:50 AM

well I wasn't complaining. I was simply asking what the purpose of such an implementation was, and I didn't really get much of an answer.
If the cause was right, I wouldn't take offense to a post that suggested otherwise to something I worked my ass off to make. But I just don't see the cause..
Which is where all you people WITH a life, come and tell me what good it would do. Just a simple question. Have a nice day, I love you all.

#8 User is offline   Oswald (old) Icon

• LocationWishin' I was in SoCal

Posted 16 May 2004 - 03:57 AM

How about you tell us what is wrong with it first and then we will supply reasons why we implemented it...

#9 Guest_Majic.

Posted 16 May 2004 - 03:57 AM

T.R.O.L.L.

Good to take offense?
Mate your a wanker.

#10 Guest_blut und krieg

Posted 16 May 2004 - 04:01 AM

I just mentioned a scenario why I didn't like it... And yet, I ask a simple question, and get all these responses. You go on about me being a whiner, no life. Ok cool. (Have you read any of the other posts complaining about other implementations? isn't there an 11 page post on sr8 changes?) Anyway, what I mentioned earlier was my problem with the walljumping. All I'm asking now is someone to provide me some use they get from it. I mean, is it really that hard?

as for the troll thing, its 2:30 am here, I'm talking to a friend back in the US, and so I have time to refresh the page. As you can see I've only made a total of 3 (now 4) posts.

oh oh, I just gotta add, that I never said it was good to take offense. If you had trouble understanding my post, I'll happily translate it to your language via freetranslations.com

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942